Batman timeline (In chronological order)

#1 Posted by Batman242 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I've been wondering how everything had happened and when they happened in Batman's life. I think I got it. So I can take "5 imaginary bucks" lol. You guys can help me if I go wrong or I missed something... heeeere we go

-8 year old Bruce witnesses parents death

-13 year old Bruce goes around the world and trains to be at peak human level.

-25 year old Bruce comes back to Gotham and becomes the Batman shortly after

-26 years old, 'creates' his worst villain, the Joker. Also witnesses the death of Dick Grayson's parents. Dick being 9 years old.

-(lost on the age) meets Ra's and Talia Al Ghul.

-(again lost on the age, lets say 29) has sex with Talia Al Ghul and months later, unbeknownst to him, his son, Damian is born.

-(guessing 31) Meets Bane and also has his back broken by Bane. Trains and comes back

-33, Dick quits/gets fired as Robin and goes off on his own to become Nightwing.

-34, meets Jason Todd and shortly after becomes Robin

37, Jason dies.

38, meets Tim Drake and makes him Robin.

41, Tim becomes Red Robin, meets and fires Stephanie Brown as Robin after two weeks. Also discovers he had a son for Talia, Damian.

I know it was sorta poorly written, but it gets the point across. I know I missed a few things like Barbara being crippled and yadda yadda, but I just wanted to talk about the things that really affected him. So... what do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Sydpart2 (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick should be nightwing before Bane and why not make the whole damian thing happen before he becomes batman. Also in Year One it says he's 20...

#3 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Batman242 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sydpart2: In the Knightfall arc, Dick was Robin at the time so I went based off of that. I remember reading that somewhere that said he became Batman at 25 and that he wen around for 12 years.

#5 Posted by MuyJingo (1372 posts) - - Show Bio

Good post, but I think 16 is far too young for Dick to be Nightwing....more like 18/19/20

@Sydpart2 said:

Also in Year One it says he's 20...

No, it says he is 25, right on the second page...

#6 Posted by SmashBrawler (4770 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batman242 said:

@Sydpart2: In the Knightfall arc, Dick was Robin at the time so I went based off of that.

Pretty sure Dick was Nightwing when Knightfall came out.

#7 Posted by Batman242 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo: Thanks and I've thought about that. But I had to make it fit for Jason. Because then he'd have only been Robin for a year, and I highly doubt that he was.

#8 Posted by Batman242 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: oh, egg on my face I guess. Now i'm a little confused on the timeline

#9 Posted by SmashBrawler (4770 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batman242: Dick became Nightwing in Tales of the Teen Titans #44 and Jason became Robin in Detective Comics #526. So Dick was Nightwing for 9 real life years and Jason was dead for 5 real life years before Knightfall, in case you were wondering. Not sure how this translates to comic book years, though.

#10 Posted by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

Timeline is null and void again, as of the zero issues: Batman's career is back to 5 years so far, and chances are, if not said event upfront, it probably no longer happened, including "Stephanie Brown".

#11 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

confused...

#12 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

This timeline makes some sense, but the problem is that DC loves the idea that Batman years are like backwards dog years.

#13 Posted by Batman242 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

@ngroove: The five year period, especially for Batman doesn't make sense at all. Dick alone lasts longer than that five year period. Unless they altered the whole story. Which is probably right 'cause this IS the New 52

#14 Posted by HushoftheWind (637 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought new 52 bruce was in his late 20s or early 30s, he probably knocked Talia up before his return to Gotham.

#15 Posted by Sydpart2 (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo said:

Good post, but I think 16 is far too young for Dick to be Nightwing....more like 18/19/20

@Sydpart2 said:

Also in Year One it says he's 20...

No, it says he is 25, right on the second page...

You sure? As I remember it he is 8 when his parents die and it says in a inner monologue that it's been 12 years since that night.

#16 Posted by MuyJingo (1372 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sydpart2 said:

You sure? As I remember it he is 8 when his parents die and it says in a inner monologue that it's been 12 years since that night.

This is right on the 2nd page as he has just arrived

#17 Posted by Sydpart2 (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo: ok so Miller must have changed the age of Wayne when his parents died

#18 Posted by MuyJingo (1372 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sydpart2 said:

@MuyJingo: ok so Miller must have changed the age of Wayne when his parents died

I don't think so. He never left at 8 when his parents died, he left at 14 or something. Or it would be 13 if he is 25 when he comes back.

#19 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of problems, I'm afraid.

First, you know this does not fit at all with DCNU, right, because Bruce is only supposed to have been Batman for seven years.

I'm not sure if Bruce was supposed to have left home to begin his training at age thirteen, but perhaps that is right. I always pictured him being older like eighteen before he actually left home.

The biggest problem is that Bane breaking Batman happened much more recently. It was after Dick had left and after Jason had died. Tim had already been on the job for a little while at that point, so...yeah.

Anyway, I do think your time for Dick's departure is about right, but I would say Jason probably joined Bruce shortly after Dick's departure. Jason was not Robin for very long in comics therefor I would not give him long as Bruce's partner. Probably about a year. Tim became Robin after seeing Bruce become unstable after Jason's death, so I would say that there was very little time before he took the mantle.

The time for Tim being Robin is about right. I think he actually held it for four years rather than one year. The big problem here is the Stephanie Brown angle. You see, Tim had been Robin for about two or three years when his dad discovered his alter ego and forced him to quit. That is when Steph got the job, and she held it for a few months. She lost it, and Tim took back the mantle during War Games when it was clear he was needed. It was another year or so until Robin became Red Robin.

By my guesstimate, Batman was in about his 39th year when the DCNU started.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

#20 Posted by JoeEddie (481 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batman242 said:

Okay, I've been wondering how everything had happened and when they happened in Batman's life. I think I got it. So I can take "5 imaginary bucks" lol. You guys can help me if I go wrong or I missed something... heeeere we go

-13 year old Bruce goes around the world and trains to be at peak human level.

-25 year old Bruce comes back to Gotham and becomes the Batman shortly after

Thought it was mentioned in Batman #0 that Bruce was only away from Gotham for 5 years

#21 Posted by knightofthechronicle (601 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know exactly what universe you're using for this timeline. During R.I.P. Jezebel Jet acknowledges that Bruce is still in his thirties. Considering that R.I.P. was a pretty recent storyline in the old DC universe, you're kind of off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.