Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman: The Good Life

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jeremy1989

Am I the only one who would like Batman/Bruce Wayne to have happy life?

Now don't get me wrong, I love the dark, gritty, and brooding character that is Batman we all know and love, but sometimes I want him to have some ounce bliss.

I just want him have a life beyond Batman.(See what I did there)

You know,

• Get married to a beautiful woman besides Talia or Selina
    • Make amends with his kids
    • Happiness life after Batman
    • Appreciate the things that he has
    • Become a better man

you get the rest( and not all that sappy Disney type of stuff)

and I want all that to be in canon

I know it will never happen(besides it's Batman)

Tell me what you think?

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before the haters come. I say sure. But, it would have to be an elseworld story. They are never going to get rid of Bruce as Batman. These characters never age.... ... .. .so there just noway to conclude a story that is on-going.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Batman will not get married becuase anyone he would marry could be put in danger

i would say it his kids who have to make amens with him

What constatues happiness and he wouldnt stop being batman even if he has to where a suit like in Kingdom Come

what makes you think he already dosnt appreciate the things he has

...ok so the man sacrifices his whole life to fighting the evils of gotham and the world even thou it could mean his death and dosnt allow anyone to get close to protect them from harm even thou it could mean he will be alone for the rest of his life how the hell does he become a better man? as far as i can tell he is the best man their is

FBB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be fair.

Humanity always had the same issues (violence, crime, murder) and it's highly improbable that they would change permanently while Bruce Wayne is alive, even in his old age. Gotham could need a Batman for many years after his death.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I guess vut he wouldn't get married

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure he deserves it, but it doesn't feel true to the character to ever give up the fight as Batman. Bruce Wayne the MAN doesn't truely exist anymore, he has become the Bat in his deepest soul. Taking the fight away from him would destroy him, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

To me, the core of Batman is tragedy. It follows him wherever he goes. He could have moved on past his parent's deaths, he certainly isn't wanting for anything. However, he constantly gives up chances at a normal, happy life because he needs to be Batman. He's a normal man, he doesn't need to fight. He could use his wealth to help in other ways. But, he can't give up the Bat because that is who he really is. He'll never let himself be happy, he'll keep on fighting until it kills him.

In that respect, he is perfectly contrasted with Superman. Batman, being just a man, has no obligation to fight. Superman's powers make him responsible for the world. Batman shuns happiness and normalcy. Superman yearns to be normal and happy (usually with Lois). Batman will age as a human while Superman will outlive everyone he loves.

Batman and Superman are both tragic figures. Batman won't let himself be normal and Superman can't be normal.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kgb725

Bruce put his girlfriends in danger so marriage is out of the question unless its to someone with powers

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: He doesn't need to physically fight the bad guys. On one end, he could support Gotham through charity and philanthropy. On the other, he could support metahumans with funds and infrastructure. Yes, I know he already does those things. However, an arguement could be made that he could accomplish more if he didn't spend so much time out in the field himself.

But, that will never happen because it would be boring to read about someone who never gets into a physical fight.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeremy1989

Before the haters come. I say sure. But, it would have to be an elseworld story. They are never going to get rid of Bruce as Batman. These characters never age.... ... .. .so there just noway to conclude a story that is on-going.

I know :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.