'Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1' Clip 3

#1 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great!

but why did alfred say "famiry" instead of family? hes british not asian...

#2 Posted by Asok (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@elayem98: He said infirmary.

#3 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asok: ohhh that makes more sense

"infirmary" sounds just like "and famiry"

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie was pretty cool, I can see where Nolan got a lot of inspiration for his Batman trilogy.....its too bad we have to wait a whole year for part 2              -____-

#5 Posted by NightFang (9907 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, Alfred

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

seen it. not a bad movie. the mutant leader is voiced by the guy that voices kratos from GoW.

#7 Posted by modunhanul (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#8 Posted by dreamfall31 (529 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if I like Peter Weller as Batman...its not terrible, just different

#9 Posted by Benzedrine17 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

This is probably one of my favorite Batman stories. Can;t wait !!!

#10 Posted by Lvenger (18521 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'm still the prime beneficiary in your will aren't I?" Classic Alfred right there!

#11 Posted by mtbmonkey (52 posts) - - Show Bio

From what we have seen, this looks pretty true to the book. I can't wait to see it all put together. I'm very excited about this.

#12 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Just came back from a screening of it. Damn that was a great movie.

#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved this movie. It's tied for the best DC animated movie in my book.

#14 Posted by tylertothemax (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@elayem98: haha he looks kinda asian in this

#15 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6221 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait

#16 Posted by BatWatch (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Was Alfred in DK Returns? I don't remember him, but it has been a decade since I read it.

Looks pretty good.

#17 Posted by Maxman3 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to know how they're going to handle Catwoman. I know Warner Bros animation will only go so dark. But I hope in this case they make an exception.

#18 Posted by Tchokes (81 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a piece of shit.

It lacks all the visual intensity that made the core material so awesome. And mind you, I am not one of those guys who were trying to torch the Watchmen or 300 or Sin City movies, saying they weren't true to their comics, but this animation here is a waste of everyone's time and money.

PG-13, softcore and Batman Animated-style of art for The Dark Knight Returns is watered down shit.

#19 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

It's bold of them to split this story into two parts. Should be interesting to see how they works out for them.

#20 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tchokes said:

This is a piece of shit.

It lacks all the visual intensity that made the core material so awesome. And mind you, I am not one of those guys who were trying to torch the Watchmen or 300 or Sin City movies, saying they weren't true to their comics, but this animation here is a waste of everyone's time and money.

PG-13, softcore and Batman Animated-style of art for The Dark Knight Returns is watered down shit

Well an opinion is an opinion...even if its wrong.

#21 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Alfred, you continue to solidify your place as one of my favorite Batman characters.

#22 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights: I don't think he was, I remember him collapsing in front of Wayne Manor near the end of the book. My assumption with that is he died of a Heart Attack or something.

#23 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Felt like it was missing something, but I still enjoyed it.

#24 Posted by BatWatch (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

@Suprman said:

@PsychoKnights: I don't think he was, I remember him collapsing in front of Wayne Manor near the end of the book. My assumption with that is he died of a Heart Attack or something.

Wait, if you remember him collapsing, that means he was in the book, right?

#25 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosh what is this, like the THEME of film-makers to split movies into "parts 1 and 2" now? Harry Potter, Breaking Dawn, Hobbit, and Dark Knight Returns. Oh well, that said, the footage looks great in my opinion.

#26 Posted by StarKiller809 (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really excited for this. The comic was great and I don't think that they are going to go too far away from the source material. I hope a little more then they did in Batman Year One, but not too much.

#27 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

@StarKiller809 said:

I'm really excited for this. The comic was great and I don't think that they are going to go too far away from the source material. I hope a little more then they did in Batman Year One, but not too much.

Agreed wish 9-25-12 would come quicker

#28 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@elayem98 said:

Looks great!

but why did alfred say "famiry" instead of family? hes british not asian...

Infirmary* not famiry.

I have no interest in the Dark Knight Returns. Never cared for Frank Millar's writing, especially his interpretations of Superman or Batman. I'll probably watch this one anyway but I'll pass on reading it.

#29 Posted by TylerTheDestroyer (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw the movie it was awesome and i loved it , and Swamp Thing got a comic cameo, did anybody else see it so cool.

#30 Edited by GillaDro (236 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.