Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23633 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#1  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I have just recently got into comics. The only comic series I ever read was Tin-tin (really popular where I come from). I'm buying  comics every weeks now and I decided to buy some graphic nobles from online. I bought Watchmen, V for Vendetta and lastly, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. This is my first ever Batman noble and I must say, It is an amazing story .I was really into it. Every page of the book is very captivating. Seeing Batman at an old age made me sad. The last couple pages are just beautiful. I also loved the new Robin in this book.  I wanted to see what Dick Grayson and
    Barbara Gordon and how they have aged along with Bruce. I give this book 5/5. So what other batman books should I read? Should I get the sequel The Dark Knight Strikes Again

No Caption Provided
    Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Superguy0009e

@MadeinBangladesh said:

I get the sequel The Dark Knight Strikes Again?

NO!!!!!

But for good Batman stories I have a few good ones:

Under the Hood

Hush

No Man's Land

Knightfall

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Twentyfive

@Superguy0009e said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

I get the sequel The Dark Knight Strikes Again?

NO!!!!!

But for good Batman stories I have a few good ones:

Under the Hood

Hush

No Man's Land

Knightfall

Dude, Year One?

I, for one, believe that the Dark Knight Returns was just a mess of a comic. I'm in the minority though lol.

Year One, on the other hand is absolute gold. I've no clue how they came from the same author.

I also recommend buying The Long Halloween, DO NOT LOOK IT UP. IT IS A WHODUNIT STORY. Just buy it. It is actually pretty good in this number's opinion.

And Buy Daredevil: Born Again. Same Author as Dark Knight Returns and Year One. In my opinion, it is better than both of them.

4thhorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 4thhorseman

Agree with The Long Halloween and Year One. Also try Batman Year 100. I thought that was also an interesting future take on Batman. The hardest thing about that story for me to get past was the artwork.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#5  Edited By MadeinBangladesh
    @Twentyfive: Hmm DareDevil... Not much of  fan of him. Do you know any good novels about Punisher and Wolverine?
    Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Twentyfive

Punisher MAX by Garth Ennis. Some crazy stuff happens there. Read Uncanny X-Force. It isn't strictly Wolverine (he's the leader of the group though), it is among the best X-Anything that has been put on the shelves.

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MadRooster81

Batman: Year One is amazing. Probably one of the best Batman stories I've read. I also Like Batman: The Killing Joke.

GeoJer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GeoJer

Arkham Asylum by Grant Morrison is often mentioned in threads like this, but it's not for everyone. I personally really enjoyed it, but it certainly isn't the most accessible of the Batman trade paperbacks.

Also, I strongly agree with the recommendation of Uncanny X-Force for a cool series that prominently features Wolverine. Wolverine and the X-Men also gets good reviews and might be up your alley, but I never really enjoyed it.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Deranged Midget

Batman R.I.P.

The Killing Joke

The Long Halloween

Arkham Asylum

XMen1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By XMen1963

Arkham Asylum

Killing Joke

Knightfall

Hush

Year One

Long Halloween

Under the Hood

Batman Black and White

Battle for the Cowl

Batman Beyond is pretty cool

Reprints of the old stuff is cool too

XMen1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By XMen1963

@MadeinBangladesh said:

@Twentyfive: Hmm DareDevil... Not much of fan of him. Do you know any good novels about Punisher and Wolverine?

If you want Punisher stuff, get Punisher MAX, and BORN (BORN is probably the best Punisher mini-series there is)

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By htb106

Long haloween, Year one, Battle for the cowl, Return of Bruce Wayne, Batman reborn.

Oh, and just for the future: It's novels not nobles.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.