Batman :The Dark Knight

#1 Posted by entropy_aegis (14208 posts) - - Show Bio

Sum up the plot of the first arc.

What was the grand plan?

What's with the new venom?

Was Batman impressive and properly handled?

Was Bane impressive and properly handled?

Were the remaining characters impressive?

#2 Posted by Saren (25272 posts) - - Show Bio

The grand plan was, I dunno, breaking the bat (as usual. Writers need to stop harping on that) and flooding Gotham's streets with the new Venom.

New and improved.

He was ok, wasn't bad but nothing really impressive.

In terms of his abilities? Yes. In terms of who the character is? No.

I don't see why Superman, Wonder Woman, Deathstroke, Flash and Ivy were even needed. They had minor parts in it at best, with the exception of a slightly bigger part played by Flash. A Bane story could easily have been constructed without the unnecessary guest stars.

#3 Posted by entropy_aegis (14208 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

The grand plan was, I dunno, breaking the bat (as usual. Writers need to stop harping on that) and flooding Gotham's streets with the new Venom.

New and improved.

He was ok, wasn't bad but nothing really impressive.

In terms of his abilities? Yes. In terms of who the character is? No.

I don't see why Superman, Wonder Woman, Deathstroke, Flash and Ivy were even needed. They had minor parts in it at best, with the exception of a slightly bigger part played by Flash. A Bane story could easily have been constructed without the unnecessary guest stars.

Seems adequate enough,truth be told Bane's ultimate plan was underwhelming.It was simply Arkham Asylum meets Hush.

#4 Posted by Red_Robin212 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I really didn't like this storyline

Although I am looking forward to the next one involving Wonderland and hopefully the Mad Hatter (An underused villain IMO)

#5 Posted by entropy_aegis (14208 posts) - - Show Bio

@Red_Robin212 said:

I really didn't like this storyline

Although I am looking forward to the next one involving Wonderland and hopefully the Mad Hatter (An underused villain IMO)

I'm looking forward to the new creative team,the Wonderland issue will be written by the current one.

#6 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hard to sum up the plot of the first arc because it was so incoherent. My guess is that Jenkins and Finch wanted this to be a "brave and the bold" type of book with Bruce teaming up with a lot of guest stars, but that can only work if the guest stars have a defined role, which they didn't in this arc.

#7 Posted by entropy_aegis (14208 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

Its hard to sum up the plot of the first arc because it was so incoherent. My guess is that Jenkins and Finch wanted this to be a "brave and the bold" type of book with Bruce teaming up with a lot of guest stars, but that can only work if the guest stars have a defined role, which they didn't in this arc.

Yeah I honestly dont get what it was supposed to be about,it's like those 2 issues with Bane and the previous 5 had nothing in common.

#8 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: LOL I haven't seen one good review for this book yet. Hopefully it'll improve with the new creative team.

#9 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone else noticed that Ivy's skin is green in TDK while she looks relatively normal in the BOPs?

#10 Posted by HolySerpent (12455 posts) - - Show Bio

I just thinking about reading this series

#11 Posted by HolySerpent (12455 posts) - - Show Bio

But only because of poison ivy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.