Batman: The Complete Television Series Release Date Announced

Posted by G-Man (18889 posts) - - Show Bio

Back in January it was announced that the complete Batman series from 1966 would be coming to home video. It wasn't clear exactly when except for being some time in 2014.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has released a sizzle video with a rough release date along with information about a panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

On Thursday, July 25 from 6:00-7:00 pm in Hall H, you can check out the Batman Television Series panel with guests Adam West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar.

The actors behind Batman, Robin and Catwoman will give fans their first inside sneak peak at the most anticipated home entertainment release in fanboy history. All the details will be revealed, including an initial look at exclusive content, limited edition packaging, and dazzling HD remastered footage from the landmark series.

This is a release we'll be getting for sure.

#1 Edited by NightFang (10261 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool!

#2 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting it! @____@ Greatest campiest show XD

#3 Edited by AmazingWebHead (4364 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, where hath thou gone, Adam West and Burt Ward? Your lighthearted over-the-top campiness is needed now more than ever.

#4 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7964 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, better late than never!

#5 Edited by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

This show is the reason that Batman is the most popular character today.

#6 Edited by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by Omnicrono (2128 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, where hath thou gone, Adam West and Burt Ward? Your lighthearted over-the-top campiness is needed now more than ever.

Aye laddie.... aye...

#8 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

Word

#9 Posted by Pokeysteve (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!

#10 Posted by Owie (3950 posts) - - Show Bio

On the one hand, I've been dreaming of this forever. On the other hand, I got a bootleg copy (taped off Nick at Night :) ) years ago after they took too damn long finally making it! What to do, what to do.

#11 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy HD Batman!! 0_0

#12 Posted by Jonez120 (5154 posts) - - Show Bio

Boooo! This show sucked!

:P

#13 Edited by jstndmnd (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to watch this with my son!

#14 Edited by Teerack (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by Jayc1324 (13429 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally

#16 Posted by MegaHGFan (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so glad this is finally being released on blu ray. Some of my earliest childhood memories are of watching this show in reruns. This combined with seeing Batman Returns in theaters when I was 6 are probably why I grew up to be such a big Batman fan.

#17 Edited by mickeymayhew (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see what the special features are, either

#18 Posted by AirDave817 (840 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it's about time!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.