Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23619 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

BATMAN/SUPERMAN FILM CONFIRMED who should play Batman???

• 70 results
    Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Breadspread
    No Caption Provided

Bill Hader

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: that could work... but it's not like they would ever put Tim Drake in a movie, that'd be crazy.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@buttersdaman000: Wolverine is still short in the comics despite him being the leading man of Marvel, and there's always a first time for everything, WB definitely don't care if Batman is taller than Superman because Hammer is in their top list for Batman

He was introduced as short and its part of his characterization. Armie is only at the top of their list now because his name has already been down for both Superman and Batman before Henry Cavill was cast. But if he is cast, I wouldnt really care, he's a good actor. However, they would definitely shorten him digitally

Avatar image for spidermansupermansongoku
    SpidermanSupermanSongoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daniel Greg would be a Great Batman!! :)

KingRobbStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By KingRobbStark

I just hope Bale does not come back as Batman. And I hope to god that they fix Batmans costume in order to remedy the agonizing stiffness that is present in every god damned Batman movie! I also hope Nolan brings about the qualities that make Batman well...Batman. That is his intellect, and detective skills should be used as opposed to portraying him as a fool who relies on his company executive for everything (Bruce is one of the smartest persons in DC for crying out loud). Now that I've got that out of my system. I can't wait for the movie.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope Bale does not come back as Batman. And I hope to god that they fix Batmans costume in order to remedy the agonizing stiffness that is present in every god damned Batman movie! I also hope Nolan brings about the qualities that make Batman well...Batman. That is his intellect, and detective skills should be used as opposed to portraying him as a fool who relies on his company executive for everything (Bruce is one of the smartest persons in DC for crying out loud). Now that I've got that out of my system. I can't wait for the movie.

Harold, people stop ignoring him.
    Harold, people stop ignoring him.

Why people forgets Harold?

Its pretty obvious in the comics Batman wasnt making his gadgets and fixing the Batmobile.

Also we have talked about detective skills quite a lot in this forum and point what real detective job is.

Being a detective means using all resources available to you and reaching the correct conclusion, which Batman did.

Not Sherlock Holmes Scooby Doo Nonesense.

Also the first half an hour of Rises he does detective job to find out thing about Selina and where she lived.

He was actually quite smart fixing auto pilot, applying the sonar to all cellphones and the energy project he led show this, he was playing stupid with Lucius as a joke about Bruce Wayne(Stupid Playboy) and Batman not being the same person, when he is talking with Selina about Batman, he called him his powerfull friend.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@buttersdaman000: Tom Hardy was too short Bane, so they gave him 3 in. lifts. Just do the same for Henry. When he is in the scenes with Armie, have 3 inches lifts on.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By havoc1201

i think that past movies have shown that Actors can become bigger in build before a movie for example tom hardy, henry cavil, bale..etc etc so if the focus on a great actor that can play the two sides of Batman then that actor can be molded to fit the physical look of Batman, I use to be really agaisnt Armie Hammer playing Batman simply because he has played mostly nice guy roles but after hearing a lot of examples of his great acting ability I think he could maybe be a good Batman. I guess we will have to wait and see just who WB cast, Im just excitied that Bats is coming back to the big screen.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Armie Hammer is too big. The dude is like 6'5 whereas Henry Cavill is 6'2 at the most. You can't have Batman look bigger than Superman.

True.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'd personally like to see Bradley Cooper take on the role, he could easily pull of the Bruce Wayne persona though I'm sure how well his Batman would be. That's the challenge I find with most actors as until they actually put on the cowl and give us their Batman, I'm can be sure if they can pull that role off.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun:

WOW you have an opionion don't you?? I love that about Comicvine (even if the top of my screen says Giant Bomb now) I agree with some of your casting, some I don't. James Marsden, I think he looks like Cyclops, and I don't. It's hard to judge a guy when his eyes are close. I always pictured Cyclops as being pretty boring in his dialogue, and that bad for actors. Especially when they're eyes are covered. I wasn't displeased with Marsden cast as Cyclops, just that he wasn't used enough. I didn't like the Hughe Jackman idea either because he was tall, but I think he does a great Wolverine. He has the face. He started reading the books and at least tries to get Wolverine down for the fans. He should be about 2 feet shorter but oh well. I live with it now. Halle Berry tho. She looks like Storm. Oh so much. She just doesn't act like her. No accent, and that sucks, but she looks like her, and she's hot, so I live with that also. Famke what ever her name is..............No real hot red heads in Hollywood so oh well. Prof. X. the guy looks and acts just like him. We got what we wanted there. Magneto? Ian McKellen. Does a good job as an old Magneto. Fassenbender. Does a good young Magneto. Halle Berry just looks like Storm and that's my biggest fight here, but when it comes down to villains is Tom Hiddleston. I don't know if you liked Avengers or not, but the scene with Tom Hiddleston and Scarlet Johanson in Avengers I thought Hiddleston was great. I thought he came off like Loki, but I also saw Magneto and Norman Osborn there. He has the look that could go anyway in that scene. If Fox and Marvel won't play along, then why not have him as Dr. Doom as well??

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Yeah he'd be a great Bruce Wayne but an intimidating Batman? Maybe yes, maybe no.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom cruise!!!!!

God knows he ages like Batman

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/112783/2130428-1216_tom_cruise_genes.jpg

Could have played in All the movies and never age out, already swings off buildings (mi4 scene was real and he actually did his own stunt in Dubai) and since he never shows emotion he totally has that part down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf8UgyYVDEI

Look at this interegation scene, wasn't even rehearsed! I was just waiting for him to say "I'm Batman!"

FredrikG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No other than Scott Adkins should play Batman.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I say David Lyons from Revolution

puppetmaster75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon Hamm, no question about it. If you watch madmen you will understand why he is the perfect choice for Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Christian bale, still

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.