Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

BATMAN/SUPERMAN FILM CONFIRMED who should play Batman???

• 70 results
    JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When I read the news on here that there was going to be an announcement for this film, I figured it was solid because you don't usually see posts for rumors. Then about 10 minutes later after I saw it, it was REALLY announced but with some interesting news. I don't think anyone thought it would be the sequel to Man of Steel. I don't think anyone thought Snyder was going to do it, and Nolan would be producing it. I figured the film would announced with a longer then 2015 date and would have 2 new actors as Superman and Batman. I'm happy Henry Cavill gets the role. I thinks it's slick how they connecting it to Man of Steel. Things also changes guesses on who the villains are going to be. Is it still Lex?? Is it Lex and a Batman villain. How are they going to seperate THIS Batman and the Nolans Batman in origin??? Most important, who is going to play Batman. I started this post because I just wanted to ask who people thought the new Batman should be, but my mind got racing and I'd like to just see what people think of this. The shitty thing is, in a Superman/Batman film I would think that if there should be a villains from each heroes rouges gallery it should be Lex Luthor and Ras. It makes more sense then Lex and Joker. This should be for something interesting. I'm excited and Im sure the rumors are gonna be huge in the coming months. I don't see it as a 2015 movie tho. 3 years. writing, post pre-duction and shooting. But at least it's starting. Looks like they want the JL movie pretty bad. So.............who should play Batman?

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I personally think Jake Gyllenhaal should play Bruce Wayne.

I also think that Lex Luthor should be the big bad, and it can go multiple routes from Man-Bat, to Clayface, to even Parasite or Metallo. Maybe even Hugo Strange, but its gotta be a threat both Batman and Superman could do damage in. And they will probably introduce Bruce by doing business wiht Lex (maybe to discover some shady business, who knows?!?!) Maybe Bruce will even come in to help rebuild metropolis.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Knightfall225

Alex O' Loughlin or Ryan Gosling

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Isn't this already a thread?

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How long does it usually take to reveal the cast in movies??

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Bale should come back. Batman in the animated Series was weak ( still a good show ) then look how he was in Justice League.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

World Finest Movie!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!

I always wanted this, i mean i like there is plan for the JL movie, but they have to build their relationship before, also it means they have to build them less and the other could have more screen time.

Also they should do the same they did with Cavill take a young actor, if they put Ryan Goseling or Armie Hammer or some one like that they are on the wrong direction.

Also since this is about young Batman they have to put some one in his early 30.

My favorite for a young one is Richard Madden from Games of Thrones.

Just fot he love of the Batman mythology, dont cast Matthew Bommer or Ian Somerhalder.

Avatar image for your_friendly_azn
    Your_Friendly_Azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like Michael Fassbender, but he is Magneto in First Class so idunno if that would be a problem. But then again Ryan Reynolds is/was Green Lantern and Deadpool.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alexander skarsgard

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would make twice the amount of cash if bale was brought back.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Johnni_Kun

No Caption Provided

As of right now, I think Armie hammer is still going to be Batman. WB wanted him, he's going to do a film(The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) with Henry Cavill soon that WB has been developing for awhile. It seems like they are testing the water of their chemistry. I was really against it at first but the more I think about it, the more I grew to think he is a great choice for the role. He has the acting chops(the social network), that are pretty impressive. He is a good looking dude, which of course is prefect for his playboy persona. He is also a very big guy, which is what I always felt like the the past Batman lacked. Batman's physique should be pretty intimidating. And last but not lease, his voice is deep. Which, I think would also work with batman's intimidating nature. Dye that man's hair black and I think he is a perfect young Bruce Wayne.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis

How long does it usually take to reveal the cast in movies??

Since it has a summer 2015 release date it should start filming in May 2014 at the earliest,meaning we should get our Batman casted by November 2013-January 2014.

JM3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Michael Fassbender

Godric_Talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Michael Fassbender would be awesome as Bruce Wayne. I don't think it should be someone that looks too young like Ryan Gosling. I'm a little hesitant on the film though because Christian Bale in my opinion was the best Batman despite the growling voice. Lex would also be a good villain but he shouldn't be the only one. Lex in a film alone doesn't seem enough to keep a broad audience captivated.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@fantomex_23: Michael Fassbender is too associated with Magneto, so I don't really think that's an option. I think young Batman is what they are going for, considering that they got a young looking Superman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

World Finest Movie!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!

I always wanted this, i mean i like there is plan for the JL movie, but they have to build their relationship before, also it means they have to build them less and the other could have more screen time.

Also they should do the same they did with Cavill take a young actor, if they put Ryan Goseling or Armie Hammer or some one like that they are on the wrong direction.

Also since this is about young Batman they have to put some one in his early 30.

My favorite for a young one is Richard Madden from Games of Thrones.

Just fot he love of the Batman mythology, dont cast Matthew Bommer or Ian Somerhalder.

Completely agree with you, Richard Madden would be awesome for a young Bruce Wayne/Batman. If they go for a older Batman then Karl Urban would be my pick.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamdamage: Honestly I'd rather see another Villian besides Ra's they should start showing villians,that have never had a chance to appear on screen.But I dont mind Ra's for a starting point though

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Armie hammer

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

As of right now, I think Armie hammer is still going to be Batman. WB wanted him, he's going to do a film(The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) with Henry Cavill soon that WB has been developing for awhile. It seems like they are testing the water of their chemistry. I was really against it at first but the more I think about it, the more I grew to think he is a great choice for the role. He has the acting chops(the social network), that are pretty impressive. He is a good looking dude, which of course is prefect for his playboy persona. He is also a very big guy, which is what I always felt like the the past Batman lacked. Batman's physique should be pretty intimidating. And last but not lease, his voice is deep. Which, I think would also work with batman's intimidating nature. Dye that man's hair black and I think he is a perfect young Bruce Wayne.

Name: Batman (Bruce Wayne)

Height:

in Meters: 1.90 m

in Centimeters: 190 cm

in Inches: 74.803 in

in Feet: 6.232 ft

in Feet & Inches: 6ft 3in

Adam West Height. 6' 2" (1.88 m)

Also stop this it should look like him argument, is pointles ia about who can play the character not who looks like him, thats why is called acting.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Jane or Jon Hamm

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    @johnni_kun said:

No Caption Provided

Name: Batman (Bruce Wayne)

Height:

in Meters: 1.90 m

in Centimeters: 190 cm

in Inches: 74.803 in

in Feet: 6.232 ft

in Feet & Inches: 6ft 3in

Adam West Height. 6' 2" (1.88 m)

Also stop this it should look like him argument, is pointles ia about who can play the character not who looks like him, thats why is called acting.

1. I'm not talking about height. I'm talking about his presence. His presence should be overwhelming.

2. Yeah, looks have nothing to with it. Everyone knows that you don't need to look like these iconic characters. Not even in the slightest. I guess every Movie studio just get lucky with all their casting............sure........

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOT BALE! This Batman will have no connection to Nolans universe therefore it cannot have the same actor or people will be confused.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun: Hugh Jackman is bigger that Wolverine, still many people looks to belive if he was shorter he would be a better Wolverine.

Heath Ledger looks nothing like The Joker, neither did Jack Nicholson.

Ioan Gruffudd looks exactly like Mr. Fantastic, he did a terrible job, i mean this destroy his future.

Look there, that was my future before i made this terrible movies and they did type casting all over the place.
    Look there, that was my future before i made this terrible movies and they did type casting all over the place.
    And i even won an Oscar for this
    And i even won an Oscar for this
    People can say everything they want, but i am doing the best job i can with the material they give to me.
    People can say everything they want, but i am doing the best job i can with the material they give to me.

Also just say NO to Ginca Carano as Wonder Woman!!!!!

I was type casted as the evil guy that was totally evil, now people think i am a good person, thanks to the fact i play against type casting.
    I was type casted as the evil guy that was totally evil, now people think i am a good person, thanks to the fact i play against type casting.
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightwing444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nightwing444

Michael fassbender

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: How about we list all the actors that look exactly like their comic counter parts, and see how long that list compares? Looks may not be a big part when it comes to these movies, and I do understand what you are saying. However, it's still is something that "casting" look for. Looking the part is one of the many reason actors get a part in films. Regardless if it's a positive or negative thing, it is the truth.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Onemoreposter

I have a strong feeling Bale is coming back. Now, it's just ridiculous to think to think that Nolanverse Batman could hang with MoS Superman (cause he couldn't) so the character will probably get a soft reboot.

Personally I would love to set Bale Batman's history back at least a movie. I picture the scene going something like this:

Bruce Wayne tosses and turns in the sheets of his bed at Wayne Manor. He wakes up to Alfred walking into bring him his breakfast.

Alfred: Trouble sleeping Master Bruce?

Bruce: I had the strangest dream Alfred. The city was dying....and there was this man...this...bane....

Alfred: Well as much as I'd like to hear more about your nightmares sir. I think we both have more important things to worry about.

Alfred turns on the television and the news station. Images of a devastated Metropolis and crashed Alien ships appear.

No Caption Provided

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun: Micheal Fassbender dont looks like Magneto, neither did Ian McKellen, JamesMcAvoy dont looks like young Xavier.

If we do a list of how much actors look like the character, you will notice it fires into they sucked at playing the character or were just ok.

The ones that dont look like them did a better job, because they got casted beyond the look and was casted because of the acting.

Also that why you have make up and people that tel you what to wear, amazingly people often ignores this.

Avatar image for colmillo_senpai
    Colmillo_Senpai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me the perfect batman could be Scott Adkins, is a great martial artist and moves like in the video game Batman AC.

Loading Video...

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun: Micheal Fassbender dont looks like Magneto, neither did Ian McKellen, JamesMcAvoy dont looks like young Xavier.

If we do a list of how much actors look like the character, you will notice it fires into they sucked at playing the character or were just ok.

The ones that dont look like them did a better job, because they got casted beyond the look and was casted because of the acting.

Also that why you have make up and people that tel you what to wear, amazingly people often ignores this.

Henry Cavill, Christian bale, Robert Downy Jr, Patrick Stewart, Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Halle Berry, J. K. Simmons, Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield, Wesley Snipes, Liv Tyler, Edward Norton, Anthony Hopkins, Chris Hemsworth, Margot Kidder, Christopher Reeve.

What were you saying, again?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun: The only ones that make sense in that list is Henry Cavill, Christian Bale and Robert Downey Jr.

Famke Janssen dont look like Phoenix.

James Mardsen was terrible as Cyclops.

Halle Berry don looks like Storm and was just meh.

JK Simmons is nothing more that an overrated cameo, he never had enough room to do anything with the character, so there is no point of playing like he had a role.

Emma Stone dont look like Gwen Stacy and like always we get tis insane love for Gwen Stacy, she did a good job but nothing special.

Andrew Garfield is a case where the actor build the character, he dont look that much as Spiderman and even when he was really old, he could go foward with his performance.

Wesley Snipes didnt look like Blade before he play him, the character now looks like him, that is evidence of how awesome was his job.

Liv Tyler dont look like Betty.

Edward Norton was hired because the studio belive he looked like Bill Bixby, not Bruce Banner.

Anthony Hopkins dont look like Odin, sure he got the beard but Odin in the comics looks more manly.

Chris Hemsworth is a case of pure type casting, he has never done anything that great with the character, just because he looks like him and he is not terrible dont mean he is doing an amazing job.

Margot Kidder she didnt look like Lois, i know is blasphemy but is the truth.

Christopher Reeve another case of an actor doing such a great job he changes the perception of the character, Superman was bigger that him, he is the evidence of casting against how they look in the comic.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jm3d said:
    No Caption Provided

Michael Fassbender

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Knightfall225
    No Caption Provided

Jake Gyllenhaal was Goyer's choice but Nolan wanted Bale. So Jake is most likely going to try out again and get the job

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Jake Gyllenhaal was Goyer's choice but Nolan wanted Bale. So Jake is most likely going to try out again and get the job

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be Eric Bana.

It should definitely not be fassbender, Gosling, or any choice that is highly popular with fans.

It is very important that it is someone people would not expect, so the role and take on the character can be judged from a fresh perspective.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamdamage: lol why do you think he is an asshole

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun: The only ones that make sense in that list is Henry Cavill, Christian Bale and Robert Downey Jr.

Famke Janssen dont look like Phoenix.

James Mardsen was terrible as Cyclops.

Halle Berry don looks like Storm and was just meh.

JK Simmons is nothing more that an overrated cameo, he never had enough room to do anything with the character, so there is no point of playing like he had a role.

Emma Stone dont look like Gwen Stacy and like always we get tis insane love for Gwen Stacy, she did a good job but nothing special.

Andrew Garfield is a case where the actor build the character, he dont look that much as Spiderman and even when he was really old, he could go foward with his performance.

Wesley Snipes didnt look like Blade before he play him, the character now looks like him, that is evidence of how awesome was his job.

Liv Tyler dont look like Betty.

Edward Norton was hired because the studio belive he looked like Bill Bixby, not Bruce Banner.

Anthony Hopkins dont look like Odin, sure he got the beard but Odin in the comics looks more manly.

Chris Hemsworth is a case of pure type casting, he has never done anything that great with the character, just because he looks like him and he is not terrible dont mean he is doing an amazing job.

Margot Kidder she didnt look like Lois, i know is blasphemy but is the truth.

Christopher Reeve another case of an actor doing such a great job he changes the perception of the character, Superman was bigger that him, he is the evidence of casting against how they look in the comic.

All debatable. The majority of people thought they looked like the characters and critics, and fans praised their acting. If you truthfully believe that looking the part isn't necessary for the casting process, then you are in denial. It may not be the the main focus point when casting, but it is aspect they look for.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

josh brolin, people gotta stop saying actors who look like they bearly hit puberty, batman is a MAN not a 1 direction looking mutha fka

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

No Caption Provided

Co-signed on Hammer

No Caption Provided

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By batshrine

I WANT JAKE GYLLENHAL!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Hammer would be a good choice for me too. Especially if Cavill and Hammer have good chemistry on screen in the Man from UNCLE upcoming film. He's a young dude who would fit well with Cavill who is also pretty young himself.

Hammer is also pretty tall and it would probably be a good idea to get a Batman who was physically bigger than Superman to give a sense of power to Batman because as we've seen - DC is not afraid to let everyone know Superman's powers make him a god in this universe. They're going to have to use every trick in the book to bring him down to earth so to speak.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

josh brolin, people gotta stop saying actors who look like they bearly hit puberty, batman is a MAN not a 1 direction looking mutha fka

Having a Batman 15/20 years older than the rest of the cast..... no thank you.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun: There is a thing called make up, Hugh Jackman is the best example, he is taller and better looking that Logan.

They make him change his body also so he fits Logan more.

You also have to notice many people on your list were looking like the character because of this reason.

Halle Berry dont have white hair, Famke Janssen dont have red hair, James Mardsen had to use help in the movies to look taller, JK Simmons dont have JJ hair and dont have JJ mustache.

@muyjingo said:

It is very important that it is someone people would not expect, so the role and take on the character can be judged from a fresh perspective.

QFT!!!!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Armie Hammer is too big. The dude is like 6'5 whereas Henry Cavill is 6'2 at the most. You can't have Batman look bigger than Superman.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Armie Hammer is too big. The dude is like 6'5 whereas Henry Cavill is 6'2 at the most. You can't have Batman look bigger than Superman.

Why? Jean and Scott are taller then Logan but in movies Logan is the taller one.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Why? Jean and Scott are taller then Logan but in movies Logan is the taller one.

Because in the comics Wolverine was introduced as a small scrapper. It was part of his characterization. In the films, he was the leading man, and no way are they gonna have the hunk leading man stand 5 feet, 3 inches tall. Superman and Batman have always been portrayed as a tall, buff men but in no media has Superman ever had to look up to Batman. They are either the same height or Superman is taller. They are either the same build or Superman is bigger. Armie Hammer has Henry Cavill on both aspects. He's 3-4 inches taller and he has a bigger build. You don't think it would be weird to see Superman noticeable shorter than Batman?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Wolverine is still short in the comics despite him being the leading man of Marvel, and there's always a first time for everything, WB definitely don't care if Batman is taller than Superman because Hammer is in their top list for Batman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.