Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman/Superman #1 Batsuit continuity error?

XxIceColdxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XxIceColdxX

I haven't read the issue, just skimmed through , but it appears a much younger Bruce is donning the Batsuit.

In Batman 0, 6 years ago, Bruce is just becoming a vigilante and working on a disguise.

Did the new Batman/Superman #1 disregard Bruce's past and make him Batman putting him a Batsuit years before he should have worn it?

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
    TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

They met first time in Justice League, but they also met first in Batman/Superman, same thing. Greg Pak has it under control

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@xxicecoldxx: Are you buying the title? Because if not I highly recommend it.

XxIceColdxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was going to buy it. Was aware Bats/Supes first meeting was meant to be Justice League 1 but read somewhere Greg was aware and to wait and see as it will make sense later.

The suit though... Bats shouldn't have been in it at the age he is.

dmreyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Consider it the individual artist's interpretation/expression rather than a matter of continuity. Even Pre-N52 artists drew him differently or made his suit different shades. I like to think of it like Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns Batman - he's collected a bunch of different suits over the years, sticks to a primary suit, but changes it up if needed or if one suit is damaged.

XxIceColdxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XxIceColdxX

@dmreyn: Not what this thread is questioning if you read the OP.

According to Batman 0 , Prior to 6 years ago, there was no Batman, no BatSuit. Why is young Bruce in a BatSuit at all in Batman/Superman #1?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Zero year occurs before the events of Batman/Superman #1 which, in turn, occurs before the events of Justice League #1.

XxIceColdxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XxIceColdxX

Batman #0 occurs 6 years ago. Batman/Superman appears to be alot earlier than that? They look like teens.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: @kal_smahboi: @dmreyn: @xxicecoldxx: Have you guy read interview?? Please when a writer start story arc in ongoing please read yhe interviews... Greg Pak alraedy says this encounter happened before Justice League 1,but both doesn't remember that because they're mindwiped.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Zero year occurs before the events of Batman/Superman #1 which, in turn, occurs before the events of Justice League #1.

I believe this is correct.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XxIceColdxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XxIceColdxX

@impossibilly: That does make sense.

The art in Batman/Superman 1 makes them look like their in their early teens. That's the cause of the confusion. They should at least look a bit older.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They met first time in Justice League, but they also met first in Batman/Superman, same thing.

Not really. I'm still waiting for that to be clarified.

XxIceColdxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that will be clarified. PaK has said in interviews he's aware of Justice League 1 and will be clarified in due time.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok - it's shown in issue #3 that Clark/Superman is 22 years old - so no, they're not teens - it's just the artistic style. Bruce's age hasn't been revealed but I assume he's of a similar age at least, maybe a year or two older.

I'm tipping given the introduction of Darkseid and also the fact WOnder WOman is in it, and a possible magical element to the story (taking place in an alternate universe) that there'll be a mind erasing type plot to wrap it all up. Oddly when Darkseid is revealed in #3, the Superman of that Earth (whatever that Earth is) hasn't heard of him - which strikes me as really out of place considering his history as a character and the supposed older much more experienced Clark and Bruce. It's also not the future versions since both Kent's are alive and in fact Bruce and Clark had met as children in this alternate universe they're in - anyone know with Earth it's supposed to be? I initially assumed Pre-52, but now thinking it's something else.

I've blocked that out in case anyone hasn't read #3 yet or hasn't figured out what's going on.... or in the OP's case hasn't actually read it.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@stormbox said:

@wishiwassuperman: Its earth 2

Ahhhhhh - see that hadn't even occurred to me as I thought Superman, Batman and WW were dead in Earth-2, but now that you've said it - this is showing that story - of course... makes perfect sense now.

XxIceColdxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: thanks for the feedback. Ill give it a read. , bought 3 issues yesterday .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.