Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman storyline help.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Daveyo520

Okay, I need to get into reading all the Batman stuff I missed and I need your guys' help. So can you help point out things I am missing or need to read and if the order is wrong. I want to get all the back story for what is currently going on with Batman and what happened before the New 52. I think Batman and Son is the place to start. Ok so, Batman and Son, Batman RIP, Final Crisis, Battle for the Cowl, Red Robin, Batman and Robin, Batman Inc, The Black mirror. I know I am missing a lot and I hope you guys can help fill in the blanks. Are there trades for the Batman stories running during that Black Hand thing? I actually have some of the issues for that but I am missing a lot. Also quality does not really mater, I can suffer through things if it fills in gaps.

Thanks in advance.

GamiSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By GamiSB

The main bulk of what happened prior to Flashpoint was built on Grant Morrison run. It is as follows.

Batman: Batman and Son

Batman: The Black Glove

Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul

Batman: RIP

Final Crisis

Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn

Batman and Robin: Batman vs. Robin

Batman: Time and the Batman

Batman: Return of Bruce Wayne

Batman and Robin: Batman and Robin Must Die!

Batman Inc.

Now some side stuff that is worth looking into is Paul Dini's Detective Comics run which was then continued in Streets of Gotham. That list is as follows

Batman: Detective

Batman: Death and the City

Batman: Privet Casebook

Batman: Heart of Hush

Batman: Streets of Gotham: Hush Money

Batman: Streets of Gotham: Leviathan

Batman: Streets of Gotham: House of Hush

Snyder's Black Mirror was well received as was the mini series he co-wrote titled "Batman: Gates of Gotham"

Tony Daniels also wrote several issues between RIP and now. That list is below

Batman: Battle for the Cowl

Batman: Life after death

Batman: Eye of the Beholder

For non-Batman titles You may also enjoy Greg Rucka's Batwoman which is collected in Batwoman: Elegy. The rest I can't really recomend and none of them were mandatory reading for anything Bat related. The important stuff all happened in Morrison's books. Snyder and Rucka were the only two writers to really stand out with their own stories during that time.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cosmo111687

@GamiSB said:

The main bulk of what happened prior to Flashpoint was built on Grant Morrison run. It is as follows.

Batman: Batman and Son

Batman: The Black Glove

Batman: RIP

Final Crisis

Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn

Batman and Robin: Batman vs. Robin

Batman: Time and the Batman

Batman: Return of Bruce Wayne

Batman and Robin: Batman and Robin Must Die!

Batman Inc.

Now some side stuff that is worth looking into is Paul Dini's Detective Comics run which was then continued in Streets of Gotham. That list is as follows

Batman: Detective

Batman: Death and the City

Batman: Privet Casebook

Batman: Heart of Hush

Batman: Streets of Gotham: Hush Money

Batman: Streets of Gotham: Leviathan

Batman: Streets of Gotham: House of Hush

Snyder's Black Mirror was well received as was the mini series he co-wrote titled "Batman: Gates of Gotham"

Tony Daniels also wrote several issues between RIP and now. That list is below

Batman: Battle for the Cowl

Batman: Life after death

Batman: Eye of the Beholder

For non-Batman titles You may also enjoy Greg Rucka's Batwoman which is collected in Batwoman: Elegy. The rest I can't really recomend and none of them were mandatory reading for anything Bat related. The important stuff all happened in Morrison's books. Snyder and Rucka were the only two writers to really stand out with their own stories during that time.

Fantastic list!

I'd also add that Gotham City Sirens carries on from Heart of Hush and Red Robin carries on from Battle for the Cowl. They're both optional, though, and between the two I'd recommend reading Red Robin.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Daveyo520

@GamiSB: I have read Batwoman it is great.

Thanks very much.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Joelislegend

Red Robin is amazing!! Worst decision ever to can the series :@

... and yet they gave Hawk and Dove a series... shudders.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Daveyo520

@Joelislegend: DC just wants to share the amazing work of Rob Liefeld.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.