Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman's Health

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jeremy1989

I know that Batman is tough. Physically, mentally, and psychologically.

He works through pain and overcomes obstacles for to be the Batman.

Sure he can take beatings like no other and come out of it unharmed like nothing happened

But here's the thing Batman has limits for he is human.

Which means his health will deteriorate until it gives.

And I know it's comics and all, but realistically, He'd suffer multiple body and head injuries.

which means...

• He won't function as it use to
    • Have a concussion/brain damage
    • Suffer a stroke or spasm attack
    • Death

Bruce is very lucky man that none of those things happened to him.

In conclusion, nobody is limitless ( ok maybe God and Death and maybe other spiritual entities.................and Superman) not even the Goddamn Batman

With that said, those are just my opinions

Tell me what you think?

Kumquatodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer the idea that, when he started, Batman knew that he was going to die, that he would be able to walk after a few years, that he would go blind from concussions, that he would not survive.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats your point. Batman knows this shit can happen to him he just just dosnt give a damn he's called the Goddamn Batman for a reason

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it adds to his greatness. Being able to take a beating and still get up and win.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@jayc1324 said:

I think it adds to his greatness. Being able to take a beating and still get up and win.

But his point is that,eventually,since Batman has the limitations of a normal human being (which is known...and obvious),that eventually his injuries will take a toll on him...either gradually or instantaneously (like permanent brain damage,which can be both. Or death).

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batzilla

Well the comics would suck if everytime he took a direct hit he'd faint or have a concussion. However, I do feel that the way Batman has been presented, as a master martial artist, and peak physical body, he should definitely be more agile, and dodge 95 % of anything coming at him, instead of taking a punch, or getting grabbed and thrown, etc. That to me would make the comics more believable that a human can survive that long, by dodging / avoiding hits with his ninja like skills.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batzilla said:

Well the comics would suck if everytime he took a direct hit he'd faint or have a concussion. However, I do feel that the way Batman has been presented, as a master martial artist, and peak physical body, he should definitely be more agile, and dodge 95 % of anything coming at him, instead of taking a punch, or getting grabbed and thrown, etc. That to me would make the comics more believable that a human can survive that long, by dodging / avoiding hits with his ninja like skills.

Well I didn't think of it like that? Good point though.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lifeofvibe

@jeremy1989: dude his body suit monitors his body and the cave scans for any diseases sickness add to that i heard he even eats a perfect diet so the chances of him having any sickness'es broken bone trauma and anything that could put him out of the job is next 0% if not that 25% due to how many times hes faces monsters like bane

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"realistically" is the key word in your post. As a comic book, Batman defies reality all the time. Unless DC changes the way they do things and actually allows the character to age, his health isn't really anything to be concerned about.

That being said there have been some cases where his limits are noted/hinted at. The entire thing with Bane in Knightfall was the result of him running himself ragged to the point of collapse, and then Bane breaking him both physically and mentally. I remember a scene in JLU where Bruce meets Batman Beyond Old As Dirt Bruce and remarks that he never expected to live that long. Dick says much the same after Bruce dies in Final Crisis, that he knew he'd never see Bruce as an old man. Sometimes you see Bruce, and his sons, have scars going all over his body which makes perfect sense giving that he's still a human at the end of the day.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.