Batman's Book Of Prep..

#1 Edited by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all..let's assume Bat's has a giant book of prep, that is the ONLY way he beats anyone that overpowers him anyway. Let's also assume Bat's Batcomputer has a comicvine account (that's the only way to account for his edge in battle), so that allows him the foreknowledge for just about everyone's abilities.

How many pages are in his prep book (at least 50 pages likely)? He continually adds to it as he trusts no one, so it must be a lot. For everyone he befriends he likely spends time writing notes on how to beat them down (probably even has prep for Alfred).

So the ultimate question is not who Bats can beat, but rather..who is the highest level character Bats could beat with his prep book. At what point does Bats say.."I'm sitting this one out, or I rather retire than fight that guy."

#2 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

A Skyfather level being.

#3 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: How many pages in Bats book of prep LOL? I know it must be a lot! Especially if he has a comicvine account, and he must, otherwise he would lose a lot more often.

#4 Posted by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldemort

#5 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo: I say that simply because he has shown that he can prep from some very powerful people. I have seen every different tier of hero be taken down using prep. The highest, by far, was the Beyonder. I consider that PIS. I would accept him taking anyone down really, but once it gets to Skyfather level and above, i call it PIS.

#6 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc said:

Voldemort

Hasn't he prepped for people like Darkseid before? Voldemort isn't much.

#7 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc said:

Voldemort

If by prep you mean make a bullet out of another bullet, then yes.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#8 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

he was the one who deduced that orion was shot by a time traveling bullet, so give him some credit......

#9 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@batman242 said:

@thc said:

Voldemort

If by prep you mean make a bullet out of another bullet, then yes.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I was referring to the time he went on Apokolips and threatened to blow it up if Darkseid didn't let Kara go..... Unless that wasn't canon.

#10 Posted by Charetter115 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Never, his prep goes beyond the Presence, he's Batman.

#11 Posted by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc said:

Voldemort

How isn't Voldemort much?

#12 Edited by ComicStooge (11999 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@thc said:

Voldemort

Because he was killed and outsmarted by a bunch of teenagers.

#13 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@thc said:

Voldemort

There was a whole debate on it in another thread. I thought Voldemort would win, but that's because I had little knowledge on what he can actually do. I learned in that thread what he's capable of, and in the end, it's nothing Batman can't handle..... without prep.

#14 Edited by MisterWhisper (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's book of prep would need it's own book just to be its index.

#15 Edited by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio
@batman242 said:

There was a whole debate on it in another thread. I thought Voldemort would win, but that's because I had little knowledge on what he can actually do. I learned in that thread what he's capable of

Was it a Batman vs. Voldemort thread?

In a random encounter there is little chance Bats could win, especially if Voldemort himself were bloodlusted. However, Bats could defeat Voldemort with prep in a battle, he could even replicate destroying the horcruxes with proper lengthy preparation.

The reason I say Bruce would rather retire than fight Voldemort is not because he couldn't get it done at all, which he could, but because if he prepped an attack and succeeded in killing him once, Voldemort would come back through his horcruxes and hunt him down. If Bats wanted to hunt down the horcruxes themselves, he'd literally have to retire from being Batman for a long while to get it done.

@batman242 said:

in the end, it's nothing Batman can't handle..... without prep.

How does Bats deal with telepathy/legilimency? Does he have standard gear built into his suit that aids him against magical/telepathic forces? If not how is it even debatable?

The only way I can see Batman taking Voldemort in a random encounter is if he's shown complete immunity to the effects of other powerful magic users like Zatanna. Has he? If not, his mind will be at the mercy of the Dark Lord before he can think to twist his foot.

If Bats has an answer to telepathy, which I doubt, the debate is not over. How does he deal with being hexed, cursed, or trans-mutated into a fish?

@comicstooge said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@thc said:

Voldemort

Out of context ABC logic. Feats > claims

If not for the Elder Wand pizazz he would have slaughtered Harry in their showdown so it is no expression of his real power. The teenagers proved to be extremely intelligent and powerful themselves in coming out successful against the Dark Lord, but it was not they who outsmarted Voldemort. The honour of string-pullers go to Dumbledore and Snape alone.

#16 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

There was a whole debate on it in another thread. I thought Voldemort would win, but that's because I had little knowledge on what he can actually do. I learned in that thread what he's capable of

In a random encounter there is little chance Bats could win, especially if Voldemort himself were bloodlusted. However, Bats could defeat Voldemort with prep in a battle, he could even replicate destroying the horcruxes with proper lengthy preparation.

The reason I say Bruce would rather retire than fight Voldemort is not because he couldn't get it done at all, which he could, but because if he prepped an attack and succeeded in killing him once, Voldemort would come back through his horcruxes and hunt him down. If Bats wanted to hunt down the horcruxes themselves, he'd literally have to retire from being Batman for a long while to get it done.

@batman242 said:

How does Bats deal with telepathy/legilimency? Does he have standard gear built into his suit that aids him against magical/telepathic forces? If not how is it even debatable?

The only way I can see Batman taking Voldemort in a random encounter is if he's shown complete immunity to the effects of other powerful magic users like Zatanna. Has he? If not, his mind will be at the mercy of the Dark Lord before he can think to twist his foot.

If Bats has an answer to telepathy, which I doubt, the debate is not over. How does he deal with being hexed, cursed, or trans-mutated into a fish?

@comicstooge said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@thc said:

Voldemort

If not for the Elder Wand pizazz he would have slaughtered Harry in their showdown so it is no expression of his real power. The teenagers proved to be extremely intelligent and powerful themselves in coming out successful against the Dark Lord, but it was not they who outsmarted Voldemort. The honour of string-pullers go to Dumbledore and Snape alone.

He don't have to destroy Horcruxes to defeat Voldemort for long-term, it takes rituals for him to return after physical destruction.

#17 Edited by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@batman242 said:

@comicstooge said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@thc said:

Voldemort

He don't have to destroy Horcruxes to defeat Voldemort for long-term, it takes rituals for him to return after physical destruction.

and this is why I'm not debating. I know nothing at all about Voldemort. I just sat back and read what those who knew had to say, and based on their knowledge, I can say Voldemort isn't much to deal with.

#18 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: He isn't. Bruce could probably beat him without prep.

#19 Edited by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

As soon as his physical form is destroyed he can possess anything from snakes to humans (or lower or higher presumably, he merely stated he preferred snakes). He took so long to regain his physical form after his attack on Harry because Aurors were constantly hunting him and he was driven into the forests of Albania. Of course it's explained after the first time we see him summon the Death Eaters that he's pissed they weren't looking for him all that time.

You're right that Voldemort needs rituals to return his physical body. However he could simply possess Bruce himself after having his physical form destroyed; though,he would likely go through said rituals beforehand instead, and then hunt him down and torture him to death at full power in his own body.

In fact his horcruxes are literal pieces of himself that act individually, his diary was even able to sap enough power from Ginny's life and negative emotion to almost gain its own physical form, before Harry destroyed it.

#20 Edited by celtic (776 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody.

#21 Posted by Shawnbaby (10418 posts) - - Show Bio

So not a batlle

#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92548 posts) - - Show Bio

Switching this to the Batman forum.

#23 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can't beat Skyfather level beings.

The best I could see him achieve is beating guys like Darkseid or Superboy-Prime with prep.

And he would also need more than a year for those guys....

#24 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc said:

@angryhulks said:

As soon as his physical form is destroyed he can possess anything from snakes to humans (or lower or higher presumably, he merely stated he preferred snakes). He took so long to regain his physical form after his attack on Harry because Aurors were constantly hunting him and he was driven into the forests of Albania. Of course it's explained after the first time we see him summon the Death Eaters that he's pissed they weren't looking for him all that time.

You're right that Voldemort needs rituals to return his physical body. However he could simply possess Bruce himself after having his physical form destroyed; though,he would likely go through said rituals beforehand instead, and then hunt him down and torture him to death at full power in his own body.

In fact his horcruxes are literal pieces of himself that act individually, his diary was even able to sap enough power from Ginny's life and negative emotion to almost gain its own physical form, before Harry destroyed it.

While I do agree with you mostly, I don't see Voldy possessing Bruce, or at least i don't see him being successful for long. Harry;s will power was able to over power Voldy when he tried to do it, I think it's obvious that Bruce's will power far exceeds Harry's.

And his horcruxes prayed on weak individuals, something which Bruce is clearly not, plus IIRC Lucius was really in trouble because he put the diary in Ginny's possession, showing such shortsightedness to casually toss aside something so important.

#25 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@batman242 said:

@comicstooge said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@thc said:

Voldemort

@xanni15 said:

@thc said:

@angryhulks said:

While I do agree with you mostly, I don't see Voldy possessing Bruce, or at least i don't see him being successful for long. Harry;s will power was able to over power Voldy when he tried to do it, I think it's obvious that Bruce's will power far exceeds Harry's.

And his horcruxes prayed on weak individuals, something which Bruce is clearly not, plus IIRC Lucius was really in trouble because he put the diary in Ginny's possession, showing such shortsightedness to casually toss aside something so important.

@thc said:

@angryhulks said:

- Voldemort V.S. Bruce? Really now?

- Tell me, how would Bruce possibly win this? With or without preparation?

- The only reason Harry was able to kill old Moldymort was because of the elder wand, and the sole reason he was still alive was due to he himself being a horcrux of old Moldymort.

- Add in the fact that Bruce lacks the balls/kahonas to kill when necessary, and i think Tom Marvolo Riddle takes this with utter ease.

- On topic, i would say Shiva.

#26 Edited by drgnx (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

If we ignored copyright, and plot devices, Batman's prep would probably include building a device like Owlman did, traveling to Marvel universe and getting Reed Richards to help bolster his prep... or using some time device to go back in time and get even more prep time .... =P

#27 Edited by ComicStooge (11999 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@batman242 said:

@comicstooge said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@thc said:

Voldemort

@xanni15 said:

@thc said:

@angryhulks said:

@thc said:

@angryhulks said:

- The only reason Harry was able to kill old Moldymort was because of the elder wand, and the sole reason he was still alive was due to he himself being a horcrux of old Moldymort.

- Add in the fact that Bruce lacks the balls/kahonas to kill when necessary, and i think Tom Marvolo Riddle takes this with utter ease.

The fact that he doesn't kill doesn't mean he doesn't have 'balls'.

#28 Edited by consolemaster001 (4943 posts) - - Show Bio

Never, his prep goes beyond the Presence, he's Batman.

#29 Posted by Charetter115 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

To weigh in on the Voldemort thing, With Batman's detective skills which are at least 10 times anybody from Harry Potter, he could find and destroy the horcruxes considerably faster than Harry, probably in under a few months, or weeks if he is focusing only on this. Then he goes and beats Voldemort. Or he pulls the GL stunt and tricks him that he is blind

#30 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251 said:

I would also like to hear how bruce or batman would win this battle. Regardless of horcruxes or not, Voldemort does not need multiple chances of ending this quickly and swiftly. People seem to not have knowledge of all of the facts. The only reason harry was able to stay alive was because of technicalities between wands, their relation, and their owners. Any thing batman would think of would be obtained by voldemort through occlumency, something snape trained harry on preventing. Like someone said earlier, Harry's victory belongs more to both Dumbledore and Snape than harry himself.

Also, lets not forget that this is magic we're talking about. And a man who has mastered all magic, including the dark arts. I can't see how he would be able to defeat Doctor Strange, let alone a murderous Doctor Strange unchained by morals, and uses the darkest of magic freely.

#31 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@charetter115 said:

To weigh in on the Voldemort thing, With Batman's detective skills which are at least 10 times anybody from Harry Potter, he could find and destroy the horcruxes considerably faster than Harry, probably in under a few months, or weeks if he is focusing only on this. Then he goes and beats Voldemort. Or he pulls the GL stunt and tricks him that he is blind

Lol, "goes and beats voldemort". How exactly does he do this. Does he knock him out? kill him? (which he can't or won't do) Please explain in detail how he would "beat voldemort". Lol batman is outmatched. There is no way he comes out victorious in this battle.

#32 Posted by Charetter115 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: Like this (he knows magic, but strongly dislikes using it [Batman Superman: Absolute Power]).

#33 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@charetter115: ............................HAHAHAHAH!! Are you saying breaking voldemorts wand would kill him? You do know that voldemort can do plenty magic without his wand right? Just think of it this way. How many ways are there to kill a human being (tens, hundreds). How many ways to kill a human being using magic? (thousands?). How many ways are there to kill voldemort? Would batman even kill?

/thread.

#34 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251 said:
@angryhulks said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@batman242 said:

@comicstooge said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@thc said:

Voldemort

@xanni15 said:

@thc said:

@angryhulks said:

@thc said:

@angryhulks said:

- However, his reasons for not killing are what i use to determine if he has the "balls" to do so. If he was too much of a p***** to avenge his own son (then and now), or kill to protect his family, i doubt that he will arbitrarily go out of his current character and kill voldemort even if he could.

- Really now? You realize that he would first have to find out that horcruxes even exist, which harry found out form Dumbledore if i'm not mistaken.

- Moreover, how does he "beat" Voldemort? Tell me, what does he pull out of the magic bat-box this time?

- You do realize that Harry had to kill voldemort to defeat him right? The current incarnation of Batman tends not to kill for your information.

- Additionally, the only reason Harry even survived that long was due to him being a horcrux of Voldemort himself and thanks to the interference of nearly every protagonist over the series.

- Lets be real here: that wasn't a win for Harry in the deathly hallows in "Harry V.S. Voldemort", that was a win for the entire good of the wizarding world in "The goodness of the wizarding world V.S. Voldemort".

-You do realize that it took contribution from nearly all (if not all) of the protagonists in the Harry Potter series to put an end to Voldemort?

- Likewise, two incredibly powerful wizards had to sacrifice themselves simply in an effort to make Voldemort as mortal as possible.

- However, the lot of you seem to think that Bruce will somehow "end" voldemort even though the current incarnation of his character doesn't kill among numerous other things.

- Oh, please tell me how Bruce would come across the knowledge that Voldemort even had horcruxes?

- What would stop Voldemort from Killing Bruce immediately upon sight?

- Sorry Batman fanboys, Bruce's plot armour may be enough to beat Superman, but i don't think it's quite up to this challenge.

@thejman251 said:

I would also like to hear how bruce or batman would win this battle. Regardless of horcruxes or not, Voldemort does not need multiple chances of ending this quickly and swiftly. People seem to not have knowledge of all of the facts. The only reason harry was able to stay alive was because of technicalities between wands, their relation, and their owners. Any thing batman would think of would be obtained by voldemort through occlumency, something snape trained harry on preventing. Like someone said earlier, Harry's victory belongs more to both Dumbledore and Snape than harry himself.

Also, lets not forget that this is magic we're talking about. And a man who has mastered all magic, including the dark arts. I can't see how he would be able to defeat Doctor Strange, let alone a murderous Doctor Strange unchained by morals, and uses the darkest of magic freely.

- Agreed. I'd take that even further and say that Harry's victory belonged to the entire good of the Wizarding world, and not simply himself.

- I don't see what Batarangs, Kryptonite, or cryo pellets will do here.

- Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if Voldemort could take Dr.Fate with moderate difficulty.

#35 Edited by ComicStooge (11999 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

@thejman251 said:
@angryhulks said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@batman242 said:

@comicstooge said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@thc said:

Voldemort

@xanni15 said:

@thc said:

@angryhulks said:

@thc said:

@angryhulks said:

- However, his reasons for not killing are what i use to determine if he has the "balls" to do so. If he was too much of a p***** to avenge his own son (then and now), or kill to protect his family, i doubt that he will arbitrarily go out of his current character and kill voldemort even if he could.

@charetter115 said:

- Really now? You realize that he would first have to find out that horcruxes even exist, which harry found out form Dumbledore if i'm not mistaken.

- Moreover, how does he "beat" Voldemort? Tell me, what does he pull out of the magic bat-box this time?

- You do realize that Harry had to kill voldemort to defeat him right? The current incarnation of Batman tends not to kill for your information.

- Additionally, the only reason Harry even survived that long was due to him being a horcrux of Voldemort himself and thanks to the interference of nearly every protagonist over the series.

- Lets be real here: that wasn't a win for Harry in the deathly hallows in "Harry V.S. Voldemort", that was a win for the entire good of the wizarding world in "The goodness of the wizarding world V.S. Voldemort".

-You do realize that it took contribution from nearly all (if not all) of the protagonists in the Harry Potter series to put an end to Voldemort?

- Likewise, two incredibly powerful wizards had to sacrifice themselves simply in an effort to make Voldemort as mortal as possible.

- However, the lot of you seem to think that Bruce will somehow "end" voldemort even though the current incarnation of his character doesn't kill among numerous other things.

- Oh, please tell me how Bruce would come across the knowledge that Voldemort even had horcruxes?

- Sorry Batman fanboys, Bruce's plot armour may be enough to beat Superman, but i don't think it's quite up to this challenge.

@novi_homines said:

@thejman251 said:

- Agreed. I'd take that even further and say that Harry's victory belonged to the entire good of the Wizarding world, and not simply himself.

- Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if Voldemort could take Dr.Fate with moderate difficulty.

Voldemort, even on his best day, couldn't take Dr Fate.

#36 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251 said:

@comicstooge said:

@thejman251 said:
@angryhulks said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@batman242 said:

@comicstooge said:

@thc said:
@batman242 said:

@thc said:

Voldemort

@xanni15 said:

@thc said:

@angryhulks said:

@thc said:

@angryhulks said:

@charetter115 said:

@novi_homines said:

@thejman251 said:

- Well, that's your opinion sir, not mines.

#37 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251:

This.

And to add to all that and slightly correct jman, harry never killed voldemort, voldemort actually killed himself. As a result of wand technicality. The elder wand (in the possession of voldemort), technically belonged to harry potter. After harry disarmed Malfoy at the end of half blood prince, who technically owned the wand after disarming dumbledore minutes earlier. These are the rules. If you get disarmed, your wand now belongs to the person that disarmed you. You can still use it, but if you try to kill the person it belongs to, it will backfire on the user. And this is essentially what ended voldemort. Not knowing that the greatest wand in existence technically belonged to harry instead of dead dumbledore, was what ultimately caused his death. And harry knew this because he was the one who disarmed the elder wand from malfoy. Voldemort didn't know this because he was not there when this happened.

So you take the death of harry's mother, father, friends, dumbledore, snape, and the other greatest wizards of the time to sacrifice themselves over the course of 40-50 yrs so voldemort could only become mortal. And you add a crazy technicality situation like this that ended up having voldemort dying at his own hand, and then you have voldemort finally falling. lol

#38 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

- Well, that's your opinion sir, not mines.

not mines either.

#39 Posted by Charetter115 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: over the course of 50 years? It was more like 20. And who says he doesn't have Anti-Evil Wizard-Bat-Spray?

#40 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251:

This.

And to add to all that and slightly correct jman, harry never killed voldemort, voldemort actually killed himself. As a result of wand technicality. The elder wand (in the possession of voldemort), technically belonged to harry potter. After harry disarmed Malfoy at the end of half blood prince, who technically owned the wand after disarming dumbledore minutes earlier. These are the rules. If you get disarmed, your wand now belongs to the person that disarmed you. You can still use it, but if you try to kill the person it belongs to, it will backfire on the user. And this is essentially what ended voldemort. Not knowing that the greatest wand in existence technically belonged to harry instead of dead dumbledore, was what ultimately caused his death. And harry knew this because he was the one who disarmed the elder wand from malfoy. Voldemort didn't know this because he was not there when this happened.

So you take the death of harry's mother, father, friends, dumbledore, snape, and the other greatest wizards of the time to sacrifice themselves over the course of 40-50 yrs so voldemort could only become mortal. And you add a crazy technicality situation like this that ended up having voldemort dying at his own hand, and thenyou have voldemort finally falling. lol

- Amen.

#41 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@charetter115 said:

@novi_homines: over the course of 50 years? It was more like 20. And who says he doesn't have Anti-Evil Wizard-Bat-Spray?

He had his reign much before harry was born. Prophecy revealed that harry would end him, voldemort died, when harry was a baby, and came back. And that second part is hilarious.

#42 Edited by RustyRoy (10903 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no limit in comics and didn't somebody said that defeat is a state of mind.

#43 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats would never say "I'd rather retire than fight that guy." He's looking for a way to die as the Batman. Glorious death by combat would not be the worst conceivable way for him to go.

#44 Posted by RustyRoy (10903 posts) - - Show Bio

@end_boss said:

Bats would never say "I'd rather retire than fight that guy." He's looking for a way to die as the Batman. Glorious death by combat would not be the worst conceivable way for him to go.

I agree with you that he'll never back down from a fight in time of crisis but I don't think he has 'glorious death' in his mind, I believe he wants to survive more than anyone because he's smart enough to know that his death will be the victory of his enemy, I'd like to believe that's why he has contingency plans. He'll run when he knows that he's outmatched but will come back with full force.

#45 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Sure, he might retreat from individual encounters, but he'll never give up trying to catch them, even if that means his certain death.

#46 Edited by RustyRoy (10903 posts) - - Show Bio

@end_boss: Yeah he is not afraid of dying,I'm just saying he doesn't have death in mind when fighting crime,he wants to survive as long as he can unlike in TDKR. He's a survivor, like in the DCUO, even when all superheroes die he's the only one that survives.

#47 Posted by Black_Claw (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes I wonder how Batman's book of prep would help him against someone like deadpool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.