Batman Reboot 2016

#1 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

So Warner Brothers announced that Batman will be rebooted and set to air on the big screen in 2016. The reboot is to be titled "The Batman" and will NOT be an origin story but instead taking place during Batman's second year. What are some elements that fans or you want to see in the film that wasn't or improve upon on from the Nolan trilogy. Also are there anything that you would not want in the film.

I want to see a more detective Batman than the previous films. Showing Batman's brains instead of just his money. Although I enjoy the fighting in the Nolanverse, it can be improved. Batman is an acrobat so a little more flash in the fighting scenes would be nice. Nothing on Spiderman level of course but something more than just short quick blows that Bale did. I would also love to see a Robin. A child robin. The reboot can start off with Dick already as Robin and thur a quick flashback or good dialogue stating Robin's origin. By child I mean 12 -14 year old child. Kickass proved that children can be cool heroes.

What are some of your views on this?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12786 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely get a bit more "sci fi" with it....maybe they can have Clayface as the villain or something

#3 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88: What is your source for this?

#4 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Source: http://pinkisthenewblog.com/2012-08-04/is-warner-bros-planning-a-batman-reboot-film-for-2016

#5 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Usually with the term "sci fi" being used I think of space. Can you explain a little more and what directions a sci fi version can go in. Plus Clayface would be awesome to see.

#6 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88 said:

So Warner Brothers announced

/checks article linked further down the thread. Article title:

Is Warner Bros. Planning A Batman Reboot Film For 2016?

Yeah okay. I think I'll take this with a grain of salt.

#7 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Whether the article is true or not, what would you like to see in the "possible" reboot?

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12786 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrShway88 said:

@cattlebattle: Usually with the term "sci fi" being used I think of space. Can you explain a little more and what directions a sci fi version can go in. Plus Clayface would be awesome to see.

Well, I mena the Nolan Batman films were extremely practical and grounded in reality, they could go with more comic booky tones and have the more fantastical villains
#9 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

Villains like Killer Croc,Poison Ivy,Black mask and the Riddler.

#10 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: If WB does go in that direction then hopefully they don't have another Schumacher situation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.