Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman-Post Convergence

tcrighton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I may be a little behind but what the hell is up with Batman's post-convergence look? Is this really Bruce Wayne or something else entirely? I have to say, I like the looks for everyone else but I think they really screwed up with Batman. I would appreciate any help in understanding what this new costume idea is about; I also appreciate your thoughts in general as well.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a variant cover of the Batman and Robin Convergence issue that was a concept sketch of the new Batman suit. It clearly has GCPD painted on it, so I bet this is a Batsuit or Batrobot given to the police by Batman and not Bruce himself.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We would have to find out post-convergence.. Everything up to this point is speculation.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Gordon is inside the mechanical Batsuit.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: actually an image was leaked its just some random asshole in the suit and it looks like he will be some robocop rip off

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@lordofthenorth: Oh I saw that pick. I wrongfully assumed it was Gordon cause I didn't read the dialogue.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: dont worry so did I all the signs pointed to it being gordan but I guess snyder thinks he clever by having a lame bait and switch but I guess its all moot since we have a whole year of this before bruce comes back from being dead or what ever lame nonsense synder is going to pull out of his ass in endgame

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Squalleon

@ultrastarkiller: actually an image was leaked its just some random asshole in the suit and it looks like he will be some robocop rip off

A site that had uploaded the leaked imaged said it was Gordon in the suit.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EarthsMightiest

Spoilers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@squalleon said:

@lordofthenorth said:

A site that had uploaded the leaked imaged said it was Gordon in the suit.

I was about to say that it just looks like Gordon without his 'stache and glasses...

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Now where's my damn batmobile.Let's go have some fun." Lol that my fav line

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does that suit even work? It's like 9 feet tall. His feet would be were the knees are.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By redleader1

@earthsmightiest: "dumbest idea in the history of gotham". I couldn't agree more.

Geoschua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Geoschua

@rdclip: Right, RDClip, the suit just isn't anatomically correct. Plus, it looks very feminine with that small waist and very "Playboy bunny" with those radar ears. Don't like the missile(?) launcher shoulder pads either. Doesn't seem very Batman so I'm glad to know it's not Bruce in there. Looks like Gordon, as B_F_Junkie said. The guy in the image, probably Gordon, is just saying 'no' to the 'commissioner' part, I think. I'm not a big fan of End Game and wonder what kind of weird tricks Joker pulls to make this happen.

tcrighton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being more informed than I was at the posting of this topic I have another question: with Nightwing preoccupied with Grayson why isn't another member of the bat-family taking up the mantle? I find it odd that Gordon, in a metal suit, is becoming the Batman after issue #40.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

The suit's pretty cool if it weren't for those dang Bunny ears!

From what Snyder has said in interviews, this is basically the "Superior Spider-Man" era of the Batman series, though I doubt it would last as long. I wish Gordon kept the 'stash though, I understand why they changed his look, in order to give him a more badass marine look but still.

tcrighton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tcrighton

@anjales: I am not a reader of Marvel, what are the similarities to Superior Spiderman?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.