Batman page is looking nice!

#1 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just checking out Batman and noticed the page has really filled out. Great work.

Love that all the Bat-Utility belt stuff is in there. Each Bat weapon/tool could have its own object page if anyone wants to go into detail about them.

Would also be cool to have a section describing the Batman Movies.

#2 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I just loved filled out pages. ^_^ I reckon someone should seriously do a concept on the whole "Batman and Robin are gay" thing.

#3 Posted by Blackbird (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"I just loved filled out pages. ^_^ I reckon someone should seriously do a concept on the whole "Batman and Robin are gay" thing."

Oh Lord let's not get that started. (But then, it could be a good debate.) Yes it's interesting to hear a crazy psychiatrist rant, but it's sort of a shallow augument (I think the actual book that has that in it is called "The Seduction of the Inoccent", I've never read it, but I'd like to burn it...). Trust me, I can back up saying it's a shallow argument... I think. But a word of caution that relates to that: the other day I went on Google images to find the Batman Emblem and then latter I tryed to find a decent Nightwing picture, shiver I saw some pictures that I never want to see again as long as I live... Excuse me, I'm going to go be sick again... (Oh and sorry for geting on a rant their, no insults or harm ment)

#4 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"I just loved filled out pages. ^_^ I reckon someone should seriously do a concept on the whole "Batman and Robin are gay" thing."

I was thinking about doing that, but I scratched that idea. If people want it I might do it.

Post Edited:2007-05-02 17:51:12

#5 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Good job zeroEDGE. Looking good.

#6 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

I second the notion. I think it's an interesting concept if done right. Something like this that has deconstructive literary criticism behind it would make for a good read. To me it's not that the creators intended the characters to be gay, but that there is perceived homo-erotic imagery and subtext (to some), and that is what is interesting about it.

I also find it interesting that many (most?) people find male homosexuality completely taboo and almost impossible to talk about in social settings. There are many gay friendly comics out there, btw, and maybe CV can explore more then just the mainstream of pop culture.

Thats my ramble.

#7 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Red L.A.M.P. says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
I second the notion. I think it's an interesting concept if done right. Something like this that has deconstructive literary criticism behind it would make for a good read. To me it's not that the creators intended the characters to be gay, but that there is perceived homo-erotic imagery and subtext (to some), and that is what is interesting about it. I also find it interesting that many (most?) people find male homosexuality completely taboo and almost impossible to talk about in social settings. There are many gay friendly comics out there, btw, and maybe CV can explore more then just the mainstream of pop culture. Thats my ramble."
I've found many articles written by professionals about homosexuality in Batman, I'll try and dig them up and see what I can do with them.And thanks P-Man
Post Edited:2007-05-02 19:52:56
#8 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Tight work, keep it up.

#9 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Red L.A.M.P. says:

"Ms. Invisible says:

I second the notion. I think it's an interesting concept if done right. Something like this that has deconstructive literary criticism behind it would make for a good read. To me it's not that the creators intended the characters to be gay, but that there is perceived homo-erotic imagery and subtext (to some), and that is what is interesting about it.

I also find it interesting that many (most?) people find male homosexuality completely taboo and almost impossible to talk about in social settings. There are many gay friendly comics out there, btw, and maybe CV can explore more then just the mainstream of pop culture.

Thats my ramble."

Not to turn this into the gay batman thread, but isn't it interesting that Batman's female sidekicks are the ones who always get taken out? Does this add to the imagery? Batgirl: shot and paralyzed, Spoiler: beaten to death, new Batgirl: turns "evil" (but seems to on her way back). You could say that Jason Todd breaks the cycle because he was killed, but they brought him back. Ever think they'll bring Spoiler back? No way.

Just adding to the ramble.

#10 Posted by Blackbird (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

Not to turn this into the gay batman thread, but isn't it interesting that Batman's female sidekicks are the ones who always get taken out? Does this add to the imagery? Batgirl: shot and paralyzed, Spoiler: beaten to death, new Batgirl: turns "evil" (but seems to on her way back). You could say that Jason Todd breaks the cycle because he was killed, but they brought him back. Ever think they'll bring Spoiler back? No way. Just adding to the ramble."

I think the whole female side kicks on the endangered speices list is mostly just going off the 'damsel in distress' thing. It's a crime I tell you...

#11 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

Done.

#12 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58152 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be better.
BB

#14 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

don't look at me like that i'm the batman

#15 Posted by Billy Batson (58152 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106:

Stop spamming the forums.
BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.