Batman overrated?

#151 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#152 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

I never realized that they have Superman reaching the sun in 1 second.

#153 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

That might attract the Superman haters.

#154 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one long thread. The threads that cause disagreement always last the longest. p.s. Batman isn't that great.

#155 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#156 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

As do I. Considering I offered to track down the issue numbers for him.

#157 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#158 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's like the Newman of superheroes. that's the only thing I could come up with right now.

#159 Posted by Vic Rattlehead (33 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO:

Over-rated no. Un-beatable, no...I mean Bane proved this (...and he was just a man on Venom). Powerful in his own rite: Yes.

I would say that there are ALOT of Metahumans that he could defeat with prep time. Hell, as well equipped as he is, I'd say there are a lot of Metahumans he could defeat in an "on the fly" confrontation. Superman is a character way out of Batman's league in personal power level, but Batman has subdued him when required. Hell Superman has entrusted Bruce/Batman to "put him down" when and if anything ever happens that may/might require his defeat and or death. This clearly says that Superman/Clark, thinks that Bruce/Batman possesses the ability to see it done.

Bottom line, like him or not....the Batman is a bad@$$.

#160 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Maybe he's just on vacation or working hard or something like that. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt."

Youre probably right. It's better to always give the benefit of the doubt.

#161 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, let me say this, gents; some people really seem to have a lot of fun trying to prove someone's opinion wrong. I saw ths pictures. They're great, I LOVE them! Thanks for posting them. Someone said that I was getting pretty heated for a person who stated that others are getting heated, and that we need to not do that or something like that. I haven't been getting heated. If anyone disagrees with me on that, I am more than willing to hear your replies. I welcome anyone who wants to disagree with me on that. I asked people to prove me wrong, because so many people were saying that he's lost fights before. Well that doesn't really help me, now does it? I'm looking for dates, times, and issue titles and numbers. And for the record, I have never once said that Batman is completely undefeated. I've asked when, where, and by whom he's been defeated, but I've never said that no one has beaten him. I've been trying to find out if he's been beaten. Personally after some slams against me on here, I think some people really look up to the wrong people. I mean if someone who's 19, has been on here for barely 7 months, has posted almost 5000 times, and talks down to me, probably doesn't have many skills that many people in the real world would consider valuable. I mean if he happened to be, say, a student, I wonder how much time he (or she) would spend studying or in class. Kinda made me wonder a little bit, that's all. Anyone care to comment on anything I've posted here?

#162 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

If you were really just asking questions instead of making a claim, you wouldn't say "prove me wrong" because you don't prove questions wrong, you prove statements wrong. And again, if you were really asking questions, why fight so hard when answers are given? You can hide your accusations behind "I was just asking" if you want to, it really doesn't matter, but let me respond to what's aimed specifically at me. I don't know why my life is any concern of yours, but don't worry, I'm a big boy, I can budget my time wisely and handle my real life, so relax, I'll be fine. If you feel the need to try to insult me because I spend time here, then that's your problem. I do wonder why you repeatedly try to call me out though, when I'm not the only person supplying proof that disagrees with what you're saying.

#163 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hate when somebody attacks the number of posts somebody has and how much time they spend on the vine. Its a cool site with lots of cool people (and some not) and lots of things to do, if your a comicbook fan I'd say its thee premium place to be. If I was Buck I'd be a little creeped out that you pay so much attention to how I spend my time. I thought you were a self proclaimed Jesus freak, so next time you get owned in a debate just ask yourself, what would Jesus do?

#164 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I thought you were a self proclaimed Jesus freak, so next time you get owned in a debate just ask yourself, what would Jesus do?"

Go and have coffee with his Bohemian friends.

#165 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Gambler says:
"I thought you were a self proclaimed Jesus freak, so next time you get owned in a debate just ask yourself, what would Jesus do?"

Go and have coffee with his Bohemian friends.

"

Ms. Invisible how ya been.

#166 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#167 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I know your looking Buckshot.

#168 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#169 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hahahaha, gotcha.

#170 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of self absorbed ass puts his face on 52 comic book characters bodys and then says somebody else isnt being productive with there time. You smell that? I smell a hypocrite

#171 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

My turn to weigh in I think, because I can. We all agree that you can hate Batman if you want, but much like the Superman threads, you shouldn't be be making baseless claims about the character and not expect them to be challenged. You said that you do not like him because he is never beaten.

The Time Keeper says:

" My problem, as I've stated in several threads, dozens of times, is that DC makes Batman out to be virtually invincible. That's a boring and stupid storyline, to me."

The Time Keeper says:

" When has Batman been truly and completely beaten other than when he fought Bane? (which to me doesn't really count because he'd gone for like a week without sleep)

Others in this thread have posted examples of Batman being beaten both in terms of fights and personally. Flick back, you'll see them. If you still don't like him, fine, but just admit that it's not for that reason. There are characters I don't like, but I don't go harping on about them. Looking back at this thread, it does look like you target Buckshot most of the time. He's not the only one who disagreed with you.

The Time Keeper says:

" For us adults who make our own living, we can do what we want on here.

So, all the kids and teenagers are what? Playing in our sandbox? Are any of us paying for this? We'd better make sure they all know and are appreciate that everytime time they post, they're using our space. I missed that part in the new users FAQ. Maybe we should PM the Cap, tell him to put it in.
Post Edited:2007-07-18 03:44:16

#172 Posted by Sargent Ogden (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has cool stuff, mainly his car, and I would not want to pick a fight with him but he is weak. He has few friends so if he has a serious problem he is S.O.L.

#173 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

With Prep-time... Batman is very overrated.

#174 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like I missed the unveiling of the real reason Time Keeper is so agitated.

#175 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#176 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch your mouth and stop insulting Fourpower.

#177 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

Having a bad day?
Post Edited:2007-07-18 12:05:01

#178 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Zee delete your post please,

#179 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sorry but how the hell can batman take on all those peopel you have to be retarde to think that that guy has problems.

#180 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Watch your mouth and stop insulting Fourpower."

I dont have to look what he wrote up their. He basicalyl already did.

#181 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously... we all know who the real retard is here.

#182 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe zee doesn't have his sarcasm filter on.

#183 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

At least I can form a sentence and spell all the words in it. That and I only comment about people that are still posting on the vine. Now calm down, from the way you're stressing out in your post it looks like you need to relax a little before you have a mental break down.

#184 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"zero edge says:
"Obviously... we all know who the real retard is here."

Yeah you bitch."

Good job, you spelled all three words correctly.

#185 Posted by Poo Poo List (117 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm seeing a couple of possible additions to my new list. I've got my poo poo eye on you. You know who you are.

#186 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"i spells billions of times better then you. "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

#187 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah zee. you're out of line for something that was first of all sarcasm and even if it wasn't sarcasm you still don't have the right to attack someone like that.

#188 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

The irony is hilarious.

#189 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"The irony is hilarious."

yes it is.

#190 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Poo Poo List says:

"I'm seeing a couple of possible additions to my new list. I've got my poo poo eye on you. You know who you are."

Seconded.

#191 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

#192 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy #@!$ Zee, calm down man. Just let it go, you know your over reacting and clearly in the wrong here. Just go to a different thread and let things calm down.

#193 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Okay gambler your right every body here pretty much a dumbass anyway so ill leave whiel they talk about how they have no lives and shit thanks gambler ill go to another one."

You're right. It must be everyone else that sucks.

#194 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#195 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Holy apple turnovers, Batman. I missed all the fun.I guess I'm just too old to be a target......."

haha, funny

#196 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#197 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"This whole thread has become a disappointment to me for myriad reasons. I hope it gets better, and hope it has a good ending."

We should come up with a couple of endings and get people to vote for their favourite. That'll be good for ratings.

#198 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"We should come up with a couple of endings and get people to vote for their favourite. That'll be good for ratings."

Very nice Cosmic. That's a great idea but I almost have to see what Time Keeper has to say now. His personal attacks are truly pointless and I wonder what he has to say in his defence. Though I could have definitely done without the whole blowup this afternoon.

#199 Posted by Poo Poo List (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Very nice Cosmic. That's a great idea but I almost have to see what Time Keeper has to say now. His personal attacks are truly pointless and I wonder what he has to say in his defence. Though I could have definitely done without the whole blowup this afternoon."

I am also interested in hearing what else he has to say.
Post Edited:2007-07-18 16:34:58

#200 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I see TK and Zee giving us one last, defiant, "screw you guys" post. Then hopping in their '66 Tbird, giving each other one long, charged, glance before cheering maniacally and driving off over a cliff in a blaze of glory as the rest of the vine stares on.

To vote for this option call:

1-800-555-4769 and press "1" when prompted.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.