Batman: Noel

#1 Posted by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else read it? What were your thoughts?

#2 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Haven't read it yet. I'll get back to you once I do.
#3 Posted by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: Without giving away much, did you enjoy it?
#5 Posted by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: I liked it better with a second reading, all in all I'd say it was a good read. The story started out a little weak but grew better slowly. It was quite a good deconstruction of how much Batman's changed and how he's affected the people he commonly interacts with.

#6 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: Cool beans. Good to hear it's worth the effort.
#7 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to read it... I wanted reserve it for Christmas eve, but I'm weak I can't support the temptation

I'll tell u my opinion later, when I finish

#8 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

I had it this weekend flipping through it at store, I was thinking of buying it but I hadn' heard anything so I wasn't sure if I should. But if you like it I may give it a shot.

#9 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Yeah, I got it, but I'm not sure how much I really liked it. I mean the art is gorgeous and all, but I felt like the narration was a little too heavy at times. I also, didn't really like the way Catwoman was drawn, but that's a minor quibble. All in all it was a decent story, but the main draw for me is the gorgeous artwork.

#10 Posted by TheJSquad34 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the artwork appropriate for all ages?

#11 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheJSquad34: Nothing too racy, or violent. You might have trouble in Catwoman's part (there is a panel of her rubbing up against Batman). Nothing excessive though, but the story is a little mature, and heavy, especially as it wraps up.

#12 Edited by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mayo88m: I read at the back that Lee Bermejo based his Catwoman look on Michelle Pfeiffer's (which I actually hated). But I felt it looked better here, though I would have preferred the actual look from the comics. As for the writing, I think it very effectively brought out the parallels between Bruce and Scrooge. It used his city and the people in his life in the place of the people in Scrooge's life without trying to make it seem too obvious.

#13 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I read it and I did a review of it. Cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.