Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman New 52 Timeline

the9thwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the9thwalker

So I’ve created my own chronological reading order of the Batman New 52 Timeline, best I can come up with. Some events take place at the same time but in different comic books (E.g Batman & Robin #10-14 takes place during Batman Incorporated) making it abit hard to pinpoint exact events so I had to split the issues. Let me know if there’s any mistakes. Here’s my list so far:

1. Batman Issue #0

2. Batman Zero Year

3. Batman Detective Comics #1

4. Batman & Robin #1-8

5. Night of The Owls #1-7 (Nightwing #1-7, Red Hood #1-7, Batgirl #1-8)

6. Night of The Owls#8-11 (Nightwing #9, Red Hood #8-9, Batgirl #9, Batman & Robin #9)

7. Batman Incorporated #0-2

8. Death of The Family + Tie-ins (Suicide Squad #14-15, Detective Comics #16, Catwoman #13-14, Batgirl #13-16, Nightwing #15-16, Tenn Titans #15-16, Red Hood #15-16 Batman & Robin #15-16)

9. Death of The Family (Aftermath)(Batman & Robin Annual #1, Batman & Robin #17, Red Hood #17)

10. Batman & Robin #10-14 (Terminus Arc)

11. Batman Incorporated #3-13

12. Requiem (Batman & Robin #18-23, Batman #18-20)

13. Forever Evil (Nightwing unmasked)

14. Catwoman #22-26 + Batman The Dark Knight 23.4 (Joker's Daughter)

15. Gothopia (Detective Comics #27-29)

16. Batman Eternal + Catwoman #35-40

17. Arkham Manor

18. Batman Annual #3

19. Endgame Part 1-3 + Tie-ins (Detective Comics Endgame, Batgrl Endgame, Arkham Manor Endgame)

20. Endgame Part 4-6

PotatoLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is gonna be extremely helpful to someone somewhere down the line. Props.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@potatolord: Nice start, but you need to keep going :

• you have two number 5 ??
    • the first "Night of the owls" is actualy "Court of the owls"
    • You can mention the Owls spin-off title "Talon"
    • for 7 "Death of the family" you should mention the issues and tie-ins :
      • Batman 13-17
      • Batgirl 13-16
      • Batman & Robin 15-16
      • Catwoman 13-14
      • Detective comics 15-16
      • Nightwing 15-16
      • Red hood and the Outlaws 15-16
      • Suicide squad 14-15
      • Teen titans 15-16
    • you are missing all annual issues and Batman inc. special
    • you are also missing "Detective Comics" and "Batman : The dark knight" titles
    • Many Batfamily titles are missing : Batgirl, Batwing, Grayson, Red hood and the outlaws, Catwoman, Harley Quinn
    • You are also missing a buch of one-shots and mini-series :
      • Joker's daughter
      • The Harley Quinn's specials
      • Robin rises
      • Damian: son of batman
    • Then should you include "Convergence" ?
    • What about the Justice League stories ?
    • At the end you can also include "Future ends"
    the9thwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the9thwalker

@jb681131: Thanks for the opinion. I created this list solely based on characters that affect Batman.

1)Nightwing and Damien were killed before Endgame so I decided to just show their deaths.

2)Only a few issues of Batgirl, Catwoman, Suicide Squad, and other spin-offs involved Batman himself so I chose to leave them out and only kept the Batman related issues.

3)I never read Convergence and Justice League. How do they tie-in?

4)Future's End is set 5 years in the future so I felt it wasn't that important yet

I'll edit the missing tie-ins later

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@the9thwalker: I personally think that the list should be as complete as possible. To be complete it needs every title from the Batfamilly comics (you can therefore exclude teen titans with red robin because it's a teen titans familly comic) and the Justice League stories because he is one the founder of the justice league. And you could put in bold the important stories.

the9thwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: I'm purposely keeping the Batman comics as the main timeline because personally I enjoy Snyder's work (That said some of the stories in Detective Comics & The Dark Knight are also worth noting). I might create a second list beginning with the Superheavy Arc and I'll include the other missing comics like Grayson and Robin Rises after DC finishes Batman & Robin Eternal.

If I'm not mistaken JL is set before the solo comics of each character right? Because Superman in JL #41 and Superman #41 look really different.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.