Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman is the most powerful human without any powers

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redwingx

He recently took down a bloodlusted Superman. There are no competitions.

All agree?

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is the most powerful human without any powers

we know that without >> He recently took down a bloodlusted Superman.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blackhawk000111
    No Caption Provided

Best Tiger is also very good but I am not confirm that he has powers or not,Iron man can also beat Superman but Batman is definitely one of ...

the most powerful human without any powers

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@redwingx said:

He recently took down a bloodlusted Superman. There are no competitions.

All agree?

Yes, Batman with one of his new 52 super-suits, is above street-level, imo.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let it go...

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Lex Luthor?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Mrnoital

didn't the Midnighter almost kill Martian Manhunter? (but I guess he has powers)

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vivide
    read more comics
    read more comics

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad you all agree. Nothing can stop Batman in the DC universe.

GLforHIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Best Tiger is also very good but I am not confirm that he has powers or not,Iron man can also beat Superman but Batman is definitely one of ...

Best Tiger in a straight head to head with no prep would def hold his own with batman. he took down all the guardians of the globe with no real prep and they have a few superman/superboy level guys with just a gun and outsmarting them

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111 said:
    No Caption Provided

Best Tiger in a straight head to head with no prep would def hold his own with batman. he took down all the guardians of the globe with no real prep and they have a few superman/superboy level guys with just a gun and outsmarting them

That issue was awesome he beat the GOG without prep time

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111 said:
    No Caption Provided

None of the guys he beat where Superman/superboy level. And he didn´t really beat them, he was just mentally tricking a telepath into make him believe that he killed the Guardians, so he could track him.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lanterns have no powers.

Infinitely more powerful than Batman.

Lex Luthor has no powers.

Beat Mazahs, who had the combined powers of the Dark Lightning, Johnny Quick, and Deathstorm, and was apparently more powerful than Ultraman by a pretty good margin, who is equal to Superman.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blackhawk000111

@scouterv said:

Beat Mazahs, who had the combined powers of the Dark Lightning, Johnny Quick, and Deathstorm, and was apparently more powerful than Ultraman by a pretty good margin, who is equal to Superman.

Hal Jorden has no powers but GL definitely has powers and Lex got lucky.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111: GLs just have better tech than most Earthlings.

And call it what you want, but Lex did beat him. A feat I'd say matches or even outmatches beating a crazed Superman.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@scouterv said:

If the consideration for "no powers" excludes Batman's tech, then why doesn't it exclude Green Lantern's? Judging by Bruce wrecking Kalibak and laying waste to large sections of Apokolips while no-name New Gods casually stomp Lanterns, Batman's current tech is better than Lantern tech.

Lex killing Mazahs was entirely plot. If they didn't share the same voice, Lex would have no way of stopping him and Mazahs would have torn him in half. The Composite Superman was more powerful than the entire Justice League put together and Batman killed him just by talking to him; I don't see anyone using that as an example of how Batman is by inference more powerful than anyone else in the League.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By flashback0180
    No Caption Provided

elder (HSDK)

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Kenshiro Kasumi (according to his background that's not powers).

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

And call it what you want, but Lex did beat him. A feat I'd say matches or even outmatches beating a crazed Superman.

I can accept your Gl argument but Lex just got lucky.Also hellbat/Justice Buster>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GL ring

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aahz

I suggest to count all Characters that get powers from a magical or extraterrestrial artefact (like the al the Lanterns or the new Blue Beetle) as superpowert for this discussion.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

No silly, that's Chuck Norris

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

Glad you all agree. Nothing can stop Batman in the DC universe.

i could

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@amazingwebhead: Batman godstomps Chuck Norris. As Batman would beat Bruce Lee

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@scouterv said:

If the consideration for "no powers" excludes Batman's tech, then why doesn't it exclude Green Lantern's? Judging by Bruce wrecking Kalibak and laying waste to large sections of Apokolips while no-name New Gods casually stomp Lanterns, Batman's current tech is better than Lantern tech.

Lex killing Mazahs was entirely plot. If they didn't share the same voice, Lex would have no way of stopping him and Mazahs would have torn him in half. The Composite Superman was more powerful than the entire Justice League put together and Batman killed him just by talking to him; I don't see anyone using that as an example of how Batman is by inference more powerful than anyone else in the League.

Since when are we excluding tech? We're talking about people who don't have powers. Green Lanterns don't have powers. They just have powerful technology. I don't see how the rings don't make them more powerful than Batman.

And Batman beating Superman isn't entirely plot? It makes sense that Luthor has the same voice as Luthor regardless of what dimension Luthor comes from. That's simple logic.

@scouterv said:

I can accept your Gl argument but Lex just got lucky.Also hellbat/Justice Buster>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GL ring

I wouldn't say Lex got any more lucky than Batman did.

Also, the Hellbat was a group project. It was designed by Bruce and made for Bruce, but he wouldn't have been able to forge it as strong as it is without The League.

And when the Justice Buster gets constantly referred to as one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, then I think we can put it and the power ring on somewhat equal footing. However, until that is the case, I can't see any reason not to put the Power Ring over it.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Constantine does have powers. His powers are on a magical lvl

He uses gadgets and spells, but if that count as power so do Batman gadgets and skills.

Also his only official power actually Batman has it too, that is fanboy force.

But that is the power of all major characters.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By PunyParker
    Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@drfate said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Constantine does have powers. His powers are on a magical lvl

He uses gadgets and spells, but if that count as power so do Batman gadgets and skills.

Constantine has several "official" powers --- Nergal's blood gives him endurance, longevity and regeneration beyond normal human levels, he has a natural immunity to possession and mind-control, and one of his canon abilities is the power to become supernaturally lucky.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@saren said:

@scouterv said:

Since when are we excluding tech? We're talking about people who don't have powers. Green Lanterns don't have powers. They just have powerful technology. I don't see how the rings don't make them more powerful than Batman.

And Batman beating Superman isn't entirely plot? It makes sense that Luthor has the same voice as Luthor regardless of what dimension Luthor comes from. That's simple logic.

@blackhawk000111 said:

@scouterv said:

I wouldn't say Lex got any more lucky than Batman did.

Also, the Hellbat was a group project. It was designed by Bruce and made for Bruce, but he wouldn't have been able to forge it as strong as it is without The League.

And when the Justice Buster gets constantly referred to as one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, then I think we can put it and the power ring on somewhat equal footing. However, until that is the case, I can't see any reason not to put the Power Ring over it.

If u r counting "group project" than Hal Jorden also didn't forge his ring .Justice Buster has contingency plan to beat GL therefore JB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GL ring

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@drfate said:

Constantine has several "official" powers --- Nergal's blood gives him endurance, longevity and regeneration beyond normal human levels, he has a natural immunity to possession and mind-control, and one of his canon abilities is the power to become supernaturally lucky.

All of those thing Batman has them too, just without any explanation, beyond comic book logic.

Thats the joke, if Batman is a normal and regular human, so its Constantine and Captain America.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman isn't powerful, he's rich.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep

80gjkbsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By 80gjkbsa

Some of these answers are pretty lulz worthy. Shiva has never shown herself to be above Bruce in hand to hand, at the very best they are on par with each other since the only legit fight they had ended in a stalemate.

Anyway if you use his best feats Batman could pretty much shitstomp most human level characters unless we consider humans in certain media that portray humans as multi class 100 tonnor, for example One Piece of Baki the Grappler

Of course people will cry PIS when Batman beats a character they like as if it's automatically going to negate what he's done.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ScouterV

@blackhawk000111: Ring that can create anything the user can imagine vs. battle suit designed to fight specific people.

The Power Ring is light-years ahead of anything Bruce has ever whipped up, including the Justice Buster. It's like putting a Swiss Army Knife up against The TARDIS when the task is to time travel. The Knife has it's uses, but it's nothing to the Tardis. Much like the Justice Buster compared to a Power Ring.

Hell, he's not even in Tony Stark's league, in terms of tech.

thechiefofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has admitted many times that he considers batman the most dangerous man alive (he once even admitted that batman is more of a superman then he is).

although by himself and his own devices, he is slightly or no more dangerous then a blood lusted Iron Man or Lex Luthor. But unlike the rest of the heroes and villains across both Marvel and DC. Batman is famous for keeping mementos, most significantly all his enemies most advanced technologies, in addition to compound technologies from justice league.

Together these technologies do make him a major force to be reckoned with. As he has practically combined the weapons from the most powerful forces in the Universe and put them all in his little bat-bunker. And as such he is practically a war-god (considering how many times he has defeated genuine war gods) and when you consider what he owns, you'd rather fight a war god them him.

he owns:

1. the hellbat, a giant bat suit of death that allowed him to out maneuver and knock out darkseid (a guy who last i checked beats up superman like its his morning warm-up).

2. the justice buster, a suit that allowed him to "seamlessly" knock out most of the justice league.

3. An actual yellow lantern ring (he is technically the yellow lantern of sector 2814)

4. pretty much everything superman thinks he owns (as he pays for every cent of it)

5. the Watchtower

6. battle plans to beat the snot out of every hero past and present.

7. a gigantic company that is his primary supplement to both his superhero career and his ego

8. that entire bat-family (which last i checked is more numerous and more trained then the first justice league)

9. more degrees than a community college

10. a Lazarus pit

and the list goes on

The only reason superheroes like batman and Villains like Darkseid respect the batman is because of all the nukes the dude has built his chair on and that he is the only superhero ever who isn't afraid to use every single one of them in 1 go for 1 simple reason.

No person, nor monster, nor god, wants victory more than the batman.

Avatar image for greatkirbysghost
    GreatKirbysGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And, ladies: he's a bachelor! *everyone boos*

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.