Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman is NOT overrated!

• 107 results
    modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Batman is NOT overrated! (150 votes)

yes, he's overrated 41%
    No he's not 59%

Or is he? You be the judge!

• 
    minutemen_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101  Edited By minutemen_64

@jonny_anonymous: to be fair ,superman is more of a ripp off of doc savage the man of bronze than batman ,being as docs real name is clark ,has a fortress of solitude ,was even called the superman ,the shadow had super powers ,black bat is a ripp off of batman actually ,and the phantom and zorro are notthing like batman ,batmans bassed off of the bat from 1922 ,l think the way hes made out to be in main media makes him seem overrated but lf anything hes underrated when u read the comics

Superman is clearly bassed on lron munro/Aarn Munro,they are literally the same,no character is truly orginal

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jonny_anonymous: to be fair ,superman is more of a ripp off of doc savage the man of bronze than batman ,being as docs real name is clark ,has a fortress of solitude ,was even called the superman ,the shadow had super powers ,black bat is a ripp off of batman actually ,and the phantom and zorro are notthing like batman ,batmans bassed off of the bat from 1922 ,l think the way hes made out to be in main media makes him seem overrated but lf anything hes underrated when u read the comics

Superman is clearly bassed on lron munro/Aarn Munro,they are literally the same,no character is truly orginal

That's Banes job.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overrated is the wrong word. I think it's more appropriate to say he's overexposed. I love Batman as much as the next person, but I'm kinda getting sick of him.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Lock please

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88 said:

Overrated is the wrong word. I think it's more appropriate to say he's overexposed. I love Batman as much as the next person, but I'm kinda getting sick of him.

Why?

minutemen_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: imo hes only overrated to people that dont read the comics

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By username12345

@minutemen_64 said:

@username12345: imo hes only overrated to people that dont read the comics

Maybe, the Nolan films are still cool though.

minutemen_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By minutemen_64

@username12345: ya the nolan movies are a awesome crime dramma ,but a awful batman movie

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minutemen_64:

It's 2:30 where I live and I just finished Arkham Knight, I'll explain why The Dark Knight trilogy are the most comic accurate Batfilms to date towmorrow.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
    The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he's not. People are just jealous.

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Society Speedometer

No way, it's impossible to over-rate the Dark Knight, because he's the only comic book superhero to deal consistently with the criminally insane.

Criminal insanity can be scary, and Batman willfully deals with the likes of the ruthless maniacs Talia al Ghul, Dollmaker, Scarecrow, and Poison Ivy.

Imagine we hear a news story of a nefarious husband-and-wife crime-kingdom in Eastern Europe -- a mad scientist who poisons the city's water reservoir with psychoactive drugs and his wife, a cutthroat vizier who orders random executions of drug addicts and disobedient crime ring employees. Crime and terrorism can feel like insanity, and when power-seekers are actually maniacs, you have real problems (i.e., Adolf Hitler).

Batman seems to enjoy tackling these types of individuals. How can he be over-rated?

Evil Mad Scientist

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lil bit.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman is and will ever be the greatest superhero there is even if this displeases some.

Currently, he has no animated show, he has poor quality movies (animated ones included), and mediocre comics. But he keeps being praised. Why ?

Well simple, people know that it isn't only the current material that makes-up Batman, but the past 75 years. And no heros has as much great comics as him.

I agree that some people (maybe too much) tend to concider him "stronger" than he is and make him win too much in the Battle forum.

But he still is very strong and very intelligent.

To conclude I believe he is overrated by some as well as underrated by others.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

Batman is and will ever be the greatest superhero there is even if this displeases some.

Currently, he has no animated show, he has poor quality movies (animated ones included), and mediocre comics.

Pretty sure you're a massive fan of the animated show Beware the Batman like I am. That and the animated movie The Dark Knight Returns are amazing and go a long way to presenting Batman in his full potential as far as I'm concerned.

While depictions of Batman in books and film can be some hit and a lot of miss, I think the concept of Batman is absolutely amazing. As a character in the context of a large modern city, he is hard to beat.

That being said, it's still pretty incredible that you can go into any Target store and find Batman clothing and toys. Everywhere you look you see the bat symbol these days.

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

Currently, he has no animated show, he has poor quality movies (animated ones included), and mediocre comics.

Pretty sure you're a massive fan of the animated show Beware the Batman like I am. That and the animated movie The Dark Knight Returns are amazing and go a long way to presenting Batman in his full potential as far as I'm concerned.

While depictions of Batman in books and film can be some hit and a lot of miss, I think the concept of Batman is absolutely amazing. As a character in the context of a large modern city, he is hard to beat.

That being said, it's still pretty incredible that you can go into any Target store and find Batman clothing and toys. Everywhere you look you see the bat symbol these days.

There are no new eposodes of beware the Batman now?

And yeah he's highly underated, people think he cant beat Thanos and other "Gods" lol they are funny.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Batman is NOT overrated!"

ok

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It highly depends on who's reading and writing him.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainshadow777 said:
    @jb681131 said:

There are no new eposodes of beware the Batman now?

That's right, it all came to an end a couple of years ago. I was just pointing out (what I consider to be) a really good animated depiction in the face of @jb681131's observation that Batman is mega popular even though there's not a great deal of high quality stuff out about him at the moment. I'm basically just a fan of that show and enjoy talking about it.

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainshadow777: Yeah , they turned down Batman's ability of what he could be in action movies and tv series.

Batman can make the Dr. Strange movie look like mickey mouse.

A movie with Batman is a ton more epic than with people with superpowers, why? Becuase you see him work for his fights and you see him climb the mountains not fly over them, he actual does it on his own.

They should make his fight scenes like the Honkg kong do with thier martial arts, Hanz zimmer on music and of course actual proper actors. Maybe even a martial artist who is a Batman fanboy or whatnot.

Yeah, the vilain should be dark evil, and remorsless, not like . Cliche like I have have girl etc you know?

Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Cochise

Overrated? Impossible. Batman is one of the greatest comic book characters of all time, as well as one of the most popular, and deservedly so. People who feel otherwise tend to be whiny fans of less-popular characters who can't stand the fact that no one wants to read about their crappy favorites. Batman is one of the most versatile characters in comics. He can be placed into ANY type of story - street-level crime, noir, international espionage, magic, superhero team-ups, ninja pirates, whatever you can think of. He's got the best rogue's gallery. He attracts the best creators. He has one of the strongest moral codes. And so on.

The fact that this question would be asked on a BATMAN subforum is straight-up embarrassing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.