Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman IS in the Arrow/Flash Universe

Avatar image for patrickborkland
    patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This might be old news, but I saw in a comment on a previous forum that they're pissed off about Oliver being offered The Head of the Demon's position because it belonged to Batman and then they went on to say that they were pissed off about how Batman isn't in this universe. Well I found something that proves other wise.... look below:

No Caption Provided

LOOK AT THE BOTTOM HEADLINE (next to "Red Skies Vanish")

This was in the Flash show when Dr. Wells reveals he has a news article from the future... and we all know that the Flash and Arrow share a universe. Obviously Bruce hasn't been introduced yet (or if he ever will), BUT, you could easily just assume that Batman is present in Gotham but he's more of a "myth" or figure who's only seen by the criminals and he'll stay that way for some time. Any thoughts on this? I'm mainly putting this out there for the fans of the show to stop complaining about how Arrow is copying off Batman because this is proof that he still DOES exist in their universe so its okay if Arrow is a little similar to the Bat-mythos

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That says Wayne not batman.

It's just an Easter egg.

And I'm pretty sure they removed it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
    deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, doesn't 100% confirm Batman's existence, I'm afraid.

However, the fact that Harley Quinn exist in the Arrow/Flash universe is rather curious (Her existence was proven in season 2, and does cause one to wonder whether the Batman really does exist in the A/F universe.

patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

However, the fact that Harley Quinn exist in the Arrow/Flash universe is rather curious (Her existence was proven in season 2, and does cause one to wonder whether the Batman really does exist in the A/F universe.

Yeah I didnt even think about that! Because Harley ONLY exists because of Joker and (arguably) Joker only exists because of Batman!

Again... I'm not saying Batman exists (meaning, Bruce is running around AS Batman), I'm saying Bruce Wayne exists and he MAY (or may not) turn into Batman in this universe at some point. (Or he will turn into batman but they'll never show him, which is probably what will happen)

I just wanted to prove Bruce Wayne exists in this universe because so many people complain about how Arrow copies off of Batman (since the Dark Knight trilogy was so popular).

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a rumor that Damien Wayne will be appearing near the end of season 3 of Arrow. The character is currently named Damien Dark, but many believe it's simply a combination of Damien Wayne and The Dark Knight to throw fans off.

donttellmymom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is interesting but it may just be an easter egg and not mean anything, similar to Barry saying he's "way faster than a speeding bullet".

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Batman coming in and beating up the League of Assassins out of no where would be awesome.

No Caption Provided

He doesn't even need any lines he can just come in beat every one up then go home.

patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: what would make it better is if Oliver was in mid fight with Ra's (clearly losing) and Bruce just comes in and one shots the finish and walks out.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He have to be in that universe !!!

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

One of the show's producers recently did an interview and mentioned the possibility of using Batman. They said that they would love too and that they're actually aiming for it somewhere down the line.

"At the end of the day it’d be so awesome to have Batman on the show. That’d be really cool. I don’t think that will be happening anytime soon, but you never know … one day. One thing we’re always saying … we never expected to have had the Huntress [Jessica De Gouw], Deathstroke [Manu Bennett] or Deadshot [Michael Rowe]; we ended up with a lot more DC Comics characters becoming part of the show than we had ever planned. It wasn’t initially part of the pitch or the conception of the show. Now here we are in our third season and we’ve Flash [Grant Gustin] and the Suicide Squad and we’re going to have Katana and we have Ray Palmer [Brandon Routh], and it seems like you could field an entire show off the characters that we have introduced on Arrow. That’s so beyond anything we expected. That’s a long-winded way of saying I’ve learned not to expect anything or make any predictions because the reality has far exceeded any of our initial predictions or initial conceptions."

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Sure he is, he's disguised as Green Arrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They probably are never gonna show him. It might be cool though.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way they would play a TV Batman would be if their new movie Batman isnt remotly as popular as they want, so they would have to look for a new way to sell Batman.

Still WB fails to understand that being edgier that Marvel means nothing if they dont find something in storytelling that actually makes them their own thing, being darker and more mature means nothing actually, many movies are darker and more mature version of other movies and are pretty much the exact same thing.

WB doesnt find that the concept of a Multiverse would mean something bigger and a more inclusive idea, you could tell people that their Batman and Superman are still there, so aim for a larger demographic and it would reach markets one single universe would never reach.

But that would mean run a huge risk and WB doenst want to do this.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I remember he was mentioned in Smallville as well, but only showed up in the Smallville comics. So maybe we get a line or two about him, but I doubt he will be showing up, because lets be honest here, if they could make him appear this show wouldn't be about Oliver.

patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: and if you bring him in, he'd obviously have to kick Oliver to the moon and back (cuz there is no reality where Oliver could beat Bruce) and that just takes away from Arrow's bad ass personna from his own show

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By OrangeBat

@patrickborkland said:

@dreadpool10 said:

Yeah I didnt even think about that! Because Harley ONLY exists because of Joker and (arguably) Joker only exists because of Batman!

Again... I'm not saying Batman exists (meaning, Bruce is running around AS Batman), I'm saying Bruce Wayne exists and he MAY (or may not) turn into Batman in this universe at some point. (Or he will turn into batman but they'll never show him, which is probably what will happen)

I just wanted to prove Bruce Wayne exists in this universe because so many people complain about how Arrow copies off of Batman (since the Dark Knight trilogy was so popular).

How does that disprove that the show rips-off Batman?

It just proves that if Batman is ever introduced, they're going to end up making their variant of Oliver Queen obsolete, since he's just an inferior version of The Dark Knight.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the only one that wants Batman gets there and say:

Oliver Queen You Fail This Fandom... i say City... i mean City...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ScouterV

...Seriously? Is this still a thing? Who cares? Seriously? It's a show about Green Arrow. Leave it at that.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets be honest, if arrow wasn't z ripoff of Batman, the show would've have ended before the second season. No one actually cares about Green Arrow who is watching TV, the only reason they are watching it is because it is similar to Batman with an arrow instead of a batarang with bat villains

patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: I wasnt trying to disprove anything, the show copying off of Batman is pure speculation. Of course they have an extreme amount of similarities, but that's just because they're trying to appeal to an audience that enjoys watching that type of stuff. Whether it was batman or some other hero that was popular, they just want the show to be successful to catch the audience and to make more seasons. I'm sure that as the show progresses, Oliver will become more like Oliver. They just needed a secure fan base to invest in the introduction of the series

Ashember

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: Actually there is a few episode that has the Suicide Squad in it. and that is CERTAINLY in the Batman universe. Furthermore, there was Harlequin in her cell and she said, "Maybe he needs Therapy I should know I am a therapist" later in an Episode Cupid was sent to Argus to be put in the Squad and they said she was crazier then the last girl. Referring to Harley.

So YES. Batman IS in the A/F Universe.

JohnJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's possible that he exists, I don't known if we'll ever see him, they have a superman though so anything is possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.