Batman is grossly overrated

• 192 results
#1 Posted by Tyron the Terror (9 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had that much money I could be a superhero too, I mean he has no powers, its all these future gadgets that make no sense

#2 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't agree, but welcome to the Vine in any case.

#3 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done before .

#4 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Batman is that great but he still is cool i mean he's one of the coolest out there but not as great as other people.

#5 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

but thats what makes him so great he has no super powers and can still kick anyones butt

#6 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok says:

"but thats what makes him so great he has no super powers and can still kick anyones butt"

welll.............not anyone's butt.

#7 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

with time he probably could

#8 Posted by Flying Fox (98 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not just money, he's trained and whatnot too. He's one of the big three of the DCU for crying out loud... Oops... Almost lost myself for a moment there thinking this was a serious non-n00b post. Heh.

#9 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

batman is over written, the things he can do or has done are not humanly possible ie, become the best martial artist in the world, create and manufacture the most technologically advanced weapons, vehicles and gadgets in the world, come up with a failsafe plan for every superbeing or villain in existance, defeat evildoers on a daily basis while running a multimillion $ company?

#10 Posted by Flying Fox (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and as Prodigious Man said, welcome to CV.

#11 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

what does "noob" mean?

#12 Posted by Flying Fox (98 posts) - - Show Bio

n00b=new comer who's often rude obnoxious and thinks they know everything, VS. newb=new comer who is polite and willing to learn from community
Post Edited:2007-06-01 15:06:56

#13 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

ha, thanks. i hate getting insulted when i dont know what it means :)

#14 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

Flying Fox says:

"n00b=new comer who's often rude obnoxious and thinks they know everything, VS. newb=new comer who is polite and willing to learn from community
Post Edited:2007-06-01 15:06:56"

your practically a Noob only been here ten days

#15 Posted by Flying Fox (98 posts) - - Show Bio

n00b vs. newb isn't based on how long you've been on a site but how you act.

#16 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah your still a noob

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"batman is over written, the things he can do or has done are not humanly possible"

Why do people say this about Batman but not Karate Kid?

Rotten gun says:

"ie, become the best martial artist in the world,"

He's not the best.

Rotten gun says:

"create and manufacture the most technologically advanced weapons, vehicles and gadgets in the world,"

It's not like he builds it all himself, and it's not the best in the world.

Rotten gun says:

"come up with a failsafe plan for every superbeing or villain in existance,"

He doesn't have plans for everyone, but if he did, what would be wrong with that? That's his thing, like Flash being fast or Superman being super.

Rotten gun says:

"defeat evildoers on a daily basis"

Don't all heroes do that?

Rotten gun says:

"while running a multimillion $ company? "

How often do you see him in the office? He's in charge, but he has other people run things more often than not.

#18 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Flying Fox says:

"n00b vs. newb isn't based on how long you've been on a site but how you act."

if thats the case there are some people with big numbers i'd call NOOB

#19 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

next time break it down word for word, batman lover!

:)

#20 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

I now like buckshot

#21 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"Flying Fox says:
"n00b vs. newb isn't based on how long you've been on a site but how you act."
if thats the case there are some people with big numbers i'd call NOOB"

Name them and see what happens

#22 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

but you know with the right carrot im stupid enough to do it :)

and buckshot...if batman isn't the best at un-armed combat then why is he #1 in the comic vine powers chart?

you talk pretty but he'sstill over written, not humanly possible at all:)

#23 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"but you know with the right carrot im stupid enough to do it :)and buckshot...if batman isn't the best at un-armed combat then why is he #1 in the comic vine powers chart?you talk pretty but he'sstill over written, not humanly possible at all:)"

cause the charts are based on votes by us

#24 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"but you know with the right carrot im stupid enough to do it :)and buckshot...if batman isn't the best at un-armed combat then why is he #1 in the comic vine powers chart?you talk pretty but he'sstill over written, not humanly possible at all:)"

You do know that the rankings are popularity contests right? That speaks more to him being overrated than overwritten. On occasion he's overwritten (like every other character) but the reason he gets blown out or proportion is that fans (and even detractors) overrate him. For example, in almost all the things you listed, you said he was the best or something like that. Even when you were complaining about him, you were giving him more credit than he deserves. You were overrating him, that wasn't a writer exaggerating him, that was all you. And lots of human characters do things that aren't humanly possible, why do you pick on Batman? Cape envy?

#25 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is the all time greatest superhero why you ask???

Because:a hes human which means that his loyaltys lie with eartha dn no where else not krypton not oa not nowhere but earth. b he gave himself powers he endowed them on himself its not the same as being born with them like a mutant because even then you dont neccasarily want them you get them same goes with aleins. c he kicks butt and was played by no less then ADAM WEST!!!!

DOne and doNe

#26 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"... why do you pick on Batman? Cape envy?"

Nope, it's something else... >_> coughcough

#27 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Rotten gun says:
"but you know with the right carrot im stupid enough to do it :) and buckshot...if batman isn't the best at un-armed combat then why is he #1 in the comic vine powers chart? you talk pretty but he'sstill over written, not humanly possible at all:)"
You do know that the rankings are popularity contests right? That speaks more to him being overrated than overwritten. On occasion he's overwritten (like every other character) but the reason he gets blown out or proportion is that fans (and even detractors) overrate him. For example, in almost all the things you listed, you said he was the best or something like that. Even when you were complaining about him, you were giving him more credit than he deserves. You were overrating him, that wasn't a writer exaggerating him, that was all you. And lots of human characters do things that aren't humanly possible, why do you pick on Batman? Cape envy?"

the misconception is that i dont like batman, i really do... infact he is probably in my top 5 fave characters... he's just not plausable and i live with it. he's over written thats an opinion.

and when i said he was the best that was my observation of other peoples opinions. my personal pick for best martial artist is ironfist, based on his skill while not being that strong or fast his skill level is his key.

#28 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok says:

"Rotten gun says:
"but you know with the right carrot im stupid enough to do it :) and buckshot...if batman isn't the best at un-armed combat then why is he #1 in the comic vine powers chart? you talk pretty but he'sstill over written, not humanly possible at all:)"
cause the charts are based on votes by us"

aren't we the people who count? without us there is no market no batman no superheroes no comics no comicvine no where for me to create havok!

that one big sentence just so i could use your name :)

#29 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman owns, get over it. And welcome to CV.

#30 Posted by Dr_Gee (83 posts) - - Show Bio

You do know that the rankings are popularity contests right? That speaks more to him being overrated than overwritten. On occasion he's overwritten (like every other character) but the reason he gets blown out or proportion is that fans (and even detractors) overrate him. For example, in almost all the things you listed, you said he was the best or something like that. Even when you were complaining about him, you were giving him more credit than he deserves. You were overrating him, that wasn't a writer exaggerating him, that was all you. And lots of human characters do things that aren't humanly possible, why do you pick on Batman? Cape envy?"

i agree with that 100%..batman does own

#31 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is over written and so is wolverine and so many others , But they have to make him larger then life, doing things normal humans cant or it would be one boring comic,

Bruce wayne wakes up , has a coffe an alarm goes off, He changes into BAtman but takes his time as he had a late night last night, Reaching for his batarang "Screw this Supeman can deal with it " And bruce returns to bed .

I mean come on would we even be talking about him if he was just normal , Except it and move on .

#32 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

batman is not the best hero but the thing is that he is a realistic hero and his comic book world is similar to our own earth.

#33 Posted by SprtnFast (13 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with dark arrow, you have to overwrite certain charcaters in order to make them more exciting

Post Edited:2007-06-20 19:16:27

#34 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Arrow says:

"Batman is over written and so is wolverine and so many others , But they have to make him larger then life, doing things normal humans cant or it would be one boring comic, Bruce wayne wakes up , has a coffe an alarm goes off, He changes into BAtman but takes his time as he had a late night last night, Reaching for his batarang "Screw this Supeman can deal with it " And bruce returns to bed . I mean come on would we even be talking about him if he was just normal , Except it and move on ."

i agree i think its impossably to determine if a charecter is stronger/better/overrated until you know what series your talking about in general it cant be done

#35 Posted by firestorm_46 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

batman rules because of the richness of the world the writers have provided and his supporting ensemble, not just because of the superpowered villans he regularly takes down or the fact that a 'normal' human can stand up to and sometimes beat people like superman.

#36 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

people just face it batman rules

#37 Posted by Inferno Kid (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is the best

#38 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Boy says:

"Batman is the best"

yea YEA

#39 Posted by MR.kill (54 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't even have any powers thats is just wrong

#40 Posted by Nny (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman doesn't deserve such interesting villains . . .

#41 Posted by Loco (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"what does "noob" mean?"

NOOB from the the comp speak new person

see also:

annoying, pointless, not well liked

#42 Posted by The Unbeatable Hulk (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk thinks Batman is cool... for a puny human. Hulk admits that Batman's movies and television shows are thus far superior to Hulk's movies. Hulk needs a new agent.

#43 Posted by fenrir (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree if bats is called overated. But bats is achieve this so called stardom cuz he have great background story, normal human power (i heard that through training he gain almost meta human power level. Is it true?). This guy deserve to be overated, his kicking his own ass to achieve this level.

If overated meaning to be superhero without "sweat", try iron man. just use the suit and shazam, a hero born. (no pun intended to Ironman fans. I love his armor, wish it will be sold some day)

#44 Posted by Blue Nighty (374 posts) - - Show Bio

he is but hes still pretty cool

#45 Posted by girlygirl (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"I don't think Batman is that great but he still is cool i mean he's one of the coolest out there but not as great as other people."

i agree with you....

#46 Posted by kn1ght912 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok everyone knows this you could say the same of Superman perhaps even more he pushs planets, that changed the fact that they are both seen as the greatest heros of all time.

#47 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#48 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but when was the last time we saw bats really get his butt kicked? I mean Superman's strength levels are off the charts, and he gets his butt handed to him a lot, even died once.

#49 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow you're still at this? A bunch of us already directed you to the latest issue that Batman got his ass kicked.

#50 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

BATMAN RULES,

and thats what counts

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.