Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman is better than cass Cain and shiva - discuss

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman beat shiva cleanly in a death in the family, and shiva has never beaten batman. Even if shiva is better at martial arts than Bruce, the difference in skill is very small, and Bruce's physical abilities make up for the difference. Cassie never beat batman and batman never beat her but Cassie doesn't had very much durability, and is physically mature yet. A punch from Bruce would take her out easily.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@jayc1324:

as a batman fan I sure hope youre right about this

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think he is in my opinion. I think this because all the martial arts he knows(or majority) are deadly forms. I think he uses these styles in a non deadly way. If he decided to kill I think he would use these to the fullest extent but he doesn't. This is just my opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I own death in the family, and he beats shiva fair and square. Every other time I heard about them fighting there was no clear winner, or there were circumstances that made the fight not fair.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CalebHara

In terms of skill, these two have gone back and forth through out the years. Their first encounter, was a long fight in which they were dead even. They were perfectly stalemating each other until robin intervened and gave Bruce a slight edge. Later on, after the Knightfall arc, Batman actually went to Shiva to receive training in order to regain his physical prowess. He stated that they are mere equals in terms of fighting skill. Several years later, Batman beat Shiva in a Superman/Batman arc (with relative ease). To be fair she was mind controlled. Yet, statements through out that fight could leave someone to believe that Bruce has indeed outgrown Shiva in terms of skill, and he is now the better fighter.

Like i said, this is only in recent years. It seems that Bruce's more moderns arcs have him portrayed as being slightly superior to Shiva. For instance, against Prometheus (a man that gained the prowess of 30 of the worlds greatest martial artists via. downloading them directly into his ind through a helmet). Batman lost to Prometheus in their first encounter, when he was using a disorienting strobe effect to distract Bruce. In their second encounter the odds were evened (he still had the helmet) a Bruce was ale to best him in a hand to hand fight, before Prometheus shot him in the chest.

Shiva lost to Prometheus's understudy (with the helmet) in 3 moves.

For a while, they seemed even, but as of late, Bruce has been, in my honest opinion, portrayed as being superior to Shiva in terms of fighting skill. They are both two of DC's finest hand-to-hand combatants.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@calebhara: i agree with everything else, but the fight in superman/batman was pure pis. that whole arc was full of pis. Throughout the story Clark and Bruce were kicking all kinds of ass with ridiculous ease.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CalebHara

@cloudzackvincent: I know! Wasn't it awesome?

All jokes a side, there is nothing that would leave me to believe that that one fight was in fact PIS.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

am i the only one has superman/batman public enemys batman kick lady shivas ass and it wast even a good fight it was quik k.o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone disagree that he is better than Cassandra?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Remember in Hush when she whooped Catwoman's ass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another reason I think he would win in a fair fight is because of her lack of durability. Batman remarks on how durable she is during their fight in a death in the family, but she is taken out with a chair to the back of the head by Talia in Hush. Batman has been stabbed, shot, and had bones broken, and continued to fight. In the 14 issue of arkham unhinged he fought league of assassins ninjas with a knife in his chest, and didnt bother to remove it until after the fight

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.