Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Incorporated

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Paracelsus

Just read the graphic novel about Batman incorporated(AKA the Caped Crsuader goes global). Seems an interesting twist on Gotham's Dark Knight-no longer limited to his home city, but effectively to most of the world. I must confess that I don't see why Batwing shopuld have not just a country but an entire continent (Africa) to cover- isn't that WAY too much for any individual person to patrol/protect?

Terry

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MuyJingo

It is a terrible terrible idea and one of the worst things about the DCnU is that it was kept.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By entropy_aegis

@MuyJingo said:

It is a terrible terrible idea and one of the worst things about the DCnU is that it was kept.

Your opinion,which often ends up being incorrect.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MuyJingo

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

LOL. Not at all, I have not been incorrect once. I have differed in opinion with people, but have not been shown to be objectively incorrect.

Bane is Hispanic by most interpretations, even if you don't want to accept that. Luckily, Bane at least has a Caribbean accent in the new film.

If that is not what you were referring to, perhaps you can be more specific and support your claim? Or were you just trolling?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By the_tree

Batman Inc. is awesome! And you're right, Africa is too big a continent for one man, I guess that's why there was The Kingdom. At least Batwing is trying to make it a better place.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By entropy_aegis

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@MuyJingo said:

LOL. Not at all, I have not been incorrect once. I have differed in opinion with people, but have not been shown to be objectively incorrect.

Bane is Hispanic by most interpretations, even if you don't want to accept that. Luckily, Bane at least has a Caribbean accent in the new film.

If that is not what you were referring to, perhaps you can be more specific and support your claim? Or were you just trolling?

And I'm sure TDKR will be a superior movie because of that lol.

Were'nt you trolling the Superman vs Batman blog?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By entropy_aegis

@MuyJingo: It's funny though,back when we discussed this WB released the Prologue and the Trailer.Up till now they have'nt released anything new and yet you find Bane better simply cause Hardy stated that he wanted to pay a tribute to Bane's Caribbean origins.

So do you hear Bane's voice differently now as compared to 4 months ago? LOL

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MuyJingo

@entropy_aegis said:

It can't hurt keeping the characters close to their origins. Although I've pretty much lost faith in TDKR at this point.

I have an opinion. I genuinely disagree with the poster of the blog. I'm making points in the spirit of debate. I'm not doing so just for a reaction. In what way am I trolling?

Is expressing a dissenting opinion now considered trolling? If you want to see a troll go look at mike123 in the battles forum.

Actually, why am I replying to you. Your first post in this thread was clearly trolling, i.e. simply looking to spark a reaction. How foolish of me to feed you.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

@MuyJingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

It can't hurt keeping the characters close to their origins. Although I've pretty much lost faith in TDKR at this point.

I have an opinion. I genuinely disagree with the poster of the blog. I'm making points in the spirit of debate. I'm not doing so just for a reaction. In what way am I trolling?

Is expressing a dissenting opinion now considered trolling? If you want to see a troll go look at mike123 in the battles forum.

You dislike TDKR and Morrisons Batman,you dont exactly like Snyder either so that begs the question

What exactly do you like?

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#10  Edited By RavenVice01

I see Entropy Aegis has made another nemesis. I hope Muy Jingo is right about this new version of Bane because if he doesn't sound Caribbean or at least South American than I will be sorely disappointed. Bane's origin in Santa Prisca was pivotal and crucial to his upbringing. As for Batman Inc. I have become more interested now that Talia is the supposed villain for this new story arc. Talia is no doubt being manipulated by someone. Most likely its Nyssa Raatko because having the transgender mentality of Ra's al Ghul for Talia like it was in Batman Beyond kinda disappointed me but I did love Bruce's witty retorts to the Ra's controlled Talia like saying he hits like a girl. 

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis

@RavenVice01 said:

I see Entropy Aegis has made another nemesis. I hope Muy Jingo is right about this new version of Bane because if he doesn't sound Caribbean or at least South American than I will be sorely disappointed. Bane's origin in Santa Prisca was pivotal and crucial to his upbringing. As for Batman Inc. I have become more interested now that Talia is the supposed villain for this new story arc. Talia is no doubt being manipulated by someone. Most likely its Nyssa Raatko because having the transgender mentality of Ra's al Ghul for Talia like it was in Batman Beyond kinda disappointed me but I did love Bruce's witty retorts to the Ra's controlled Talia like saying he hits like a girl.

I see Ravenvice is back to making stupid theories,Nyssa is finished,there is a reason she died off panel,there is a reason why Ra's returned.Because DC WANTED TO ERASE HER.

Bane's origin could have easily been a country in the Middle east or Russia.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MuyJingo

@RavenVice01 said:

I'm not a nemesis really. I just found it hilarious that he argued so insistently and despite evidence to the contrary that Bane was not Hispanic. It was silly, sad and amusing all at the same time.

I read in an article that seemed authoritative that Bane has a Caribbean accent, so it seems they got that right. If only Bane was not so small...oh well.

My main problem with Batman INC funnily enough was Bruce stating he had been secretly funding Batman for years. Sigh.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MuyJingo

@entropy_aegis said:

You dislike TDKR and Morrisons Batman,you dont exactly like Snyder either so that begs the question

What exactly do you like?

Ease up with the assumptions. I liked Morrisons Batman, black glove and all. I simply don't like the Batman INC idea.

I have not yet seen TDKR, but don't have high hopes for it. This is more to do with the fact that I don't think Nolan's Batman is at all like the comic Batman. Yes, that is my opinion and I'm not looking to argue about it here.

What do I like? I like the current Batman and Robin. I think it is the best Batman of the new 52. I like Batman being..Batman. I like him in Knightfall. I like him in No Mans Land. I think he was amazing in War Games. I like most of the stories in Black and White. I like a lot of the one off stories...absolution, the cult, man who laughs, long halloween etc..war on crime was amazing....

I love BTAS too.

I like Batman being a detective...non compromising....using his training and tactical/strategic advantages and skill....I dis like a batman who is kind of dumb and just has the tech/money, or a batman who is arrogant and makes rookie mistakes...(nolan and snyders takes respectively IMO)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.