Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Inc. Speculation Thread

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Joelislegend

We are now halfway through the Batman Inc. run, only 6 issues from the end! I was wondering what everyone`s speculations are.

I have a feeling that:

1. Talia is actually Ra`s. This would have happened somewhere during the ressurection storyline. Damian was supposed to be used for parts but it would make sense that Ras used Talia in some way. Batman has said numerous times that Talia is not acting like herself.

2. Damian will die. Grant Morrison originally said his plan was to kill him off at the end of Batman and Son arc. Why not kill him off once his run is finished.

3. Batman Inc. will be destroyed. I doubt DC has plans to continue the arc without Morrison. Even the Snyder and other Bat titles hardly reference Batman Inc. I think the idea will end with Morrison.

What does everyone else think? How will Morrison`s epic run of Batman end? I really hope the ending is huge.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By jsphsmth

"Epic," not likely. Epic would be Batman Inc in a capable writers hands, somebody like Kyle Higgins.

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Target_X

I kind of like Damian, would be sad if he died, but I do hope Inc. ends with Morrison. Just not a fan of the idea. Haven't really got an opinion on your first point, but it seems feasible.

Ironhawk22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Ironhawk22
    No Caption Provided

@jsphsmth said:

"Epic," not likely. Epic would be Batman Inc in a capable writers hands, somebody like Kyle Higgins.

You're being sarcastic right? Kyle Higgins is a good writer, but he is in no way a better writer than THE GRANT(!). Grant's run on Batman is waaa.....y better than Death of the Family, and Night of the Owls. I don't mean to be rude, just honest.

No Caption Provided
    BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BatWatch

1. Talia being Ra's is a really interesting idea. I had not considered that, but how would it work? When did we last see him? He possessed his son, didn't he? Also, Talia is still pretty flirty with Bruce which would be out of place, so, yeah, I don't think so, but I agree that something is up with Talia.

2. I'm thinking Joker might kill Damian since he is only ambiguously refered to in the solicits of DotF.

3. I wouldn't be surprised, but I hope it sticks around. I like the concept.

My big theory is that The Heretic is Damian from the future come back to the past.

@Ironhawk22:

I'm not a huge Higgins fan either, but he didn't write DotF or Night of the Owls. That was Snyder.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Um, how could Talia be Ra's if we saw her interacting with him in issue two of the New 52 series?

Anyway, I see Talia dying just like she did in DKR, you know, except, more epic. Most likely I see Damian killing her too and if not, it'll be Bruce that offs her. Oh, I also think we'll find out that The Heretic is Damian's brother.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batshrine

1. Done before in Batman Beyond, and wasn't a big fan of it then. Hope thats not the case, and doubt it.

2. Lot's of people are guessing that, question is if he does who gets the honors of killing him off?

3. I hope not! I really hope that when Morrison leaves other characters can be looked into. My theory is once Morrison leaves, Batwing would be canceled and be featured more in Batman Inc. It is selling to well just to cancel it, its not a mini series. Its like assuming that once Snyder leaves, Batman will get canceled. Or that when Bill Finger left Detective Comics, Batman as a character would die out.

And we'll see how he ends his run, Morrison has a great ability to keep you hyped up, but his endings always seem to be a tiny bit lack luster.

Ironhawk22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ironhawk22

@BatWatch: It's not that I've got anything against Kyle Higgins as a writer. From what little I've read of his work he seems like a solid writer, who understands Nightwing. Yet comparing him to Grant is well...I hope it's a joke. DOTF and NOTO and that Paragon story seems to be the only three stories Higgins has done. Two of which were crossovers. Saiko was just a prelude to NOTO.

I don't dislike Higgins writing at all, actually it might be cool if he wrote TT. Kyle Higgins seems like a good writer, but he's no Grant Morrison.

We saw Ra's in issue two of Batman Inc(vol.2) so that can't be what happens. Damian better survive. He's become one of my favorite characters.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jsphsmth said:

BWHAHAHAHA,classic jspsmth.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TDK_1997

Well,so far the story was good and I wouldn't like seeing Damian die.I like Damian.He became an interesting character for me.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Joelislegend

I always love how Grant Morrison's work is either loved or hated. I remember reading Batman and Son up to RIP a few years ago and finding it complete crap. I had to reread everything 3 times to fully understand everything that was happening. Morrison is much more complex than just having a huge fight between Batman and Talia. Here's hoping it ends with a bang.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis

I wonder if Deathstroke will appear.he did aid Talia in Batman and Robin.

I'm also curious to see the connection between Sivana's diamond and Netz's renewable energy device.

Oh and Kathy Kane.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#13  Edited By BatWatch

@Ironhawk22 said:

@BatWatch: It's not that I've got anything against Kyle Higgins as a writer. From what little I've read of his work he seems like a solid writer, who understands Nightwing. Yet comparing him to Grant is well...I hope it's a joke. DOTF and NOTO and that Paragon story seems to be the only three stories Higgins has done. Two of which were crossovers. Saiko was just a prelude to NOTO.

I don't dislike Higgins writing at all, actually it might be cool if he wrote TT. Kyle Higgins seems like a good writer, but he's no Grant Morrison.

We saw Ra's in issue two of Batman Inc(vol.2) so that can't be what happens. Damian better survive. He's become one of my favorite characters.

Hmm. I don't know. I think the Saiko story line is large enough to really stand as its own arch. It defintiely ties in, but I would say it is more than just a tie in.

I'm not crazy about Higgins. To me, he just seems average, but most people seem to love his work on Nightwing.

Interesting that Ra's is still alive. I hope Damian lives too, but I will not be surprised either way. He is a lovable little brat though.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jsphsmth

@Ironhawk22: Please. "every Batman Story counts" is Morrison's way of saying he is out of ideas, so he will rehash old ones. Batman of Zur-En-Arrh, Batmite, Kathy Kane, etc., these were ideas best left in the Silver Age. This is the modern age where hype or past achievements dont matter, good stories do.

If you want to see how a good writer handles the concept of Batman Inc, then read Higgins on Gates of Gotham or Hine on the Batman/Detective 2011 annuals.

I won't even mention Snyder's work because his so vastly superior to Moronison's that it doesn't seem fair to mention them in the same sentence.

Ironhawk22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ironhawk22

@jsphsmth: I hope you're trolling.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FatihBATMAN

If Damian dies some people are gonna get pissed :P

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joelislegend

@jsphsmth said:

Please. "every Batman Story counts" is Morrison's way of saying he is out of ideas, so he will rehash old ones. Batman of Zur-En-Arrh, Batmite, Kathy Kane, etc., these were ideas best left in the Silver Age. This is the modern age where hype or past achievements dont matter, good stories do.

Snyder brought back Bruce's long lost brother from Silver Age comics... Snyder has been reliving all of the Joker's past crimes.

If you want to see how a good writer handles the concept of Batman Inc, then read Higgins on Gates of Gotham or Hine on the Batman/Detective 2011 annuals.

Higgins wrote Gates of Gotham with Snyder. David Hine writes ONE good Batman annual and he's a good Batman writer?? Tony Daniels has written at least one good Batman story... but he is a horrible Batman writer.

I won't even mention Snyder's work because his so vastly superior to Moronison's that it doesn't seem fair to mention them in the same sentence.

Looks like you just did. I think you have a case of Snyder Fanboyism.

Ironhawk22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ironhawk22

@Joelislegend said:

@jsphsmth said:

Please. "every Batman Story counts" is Morrison's way of saying he is out of ideas, so he will rehash old ones. Batman of Zur-En-Arrh, Batmite, Kathy Kane, etc., these were ideas best left in the Silver Age. This is the modern age where hype or past achievements dont matter, good stories do.

Snyder brought back Bruce's long lost brother from Silver Age comics... Snyder has been reliving all of the Joker's past crimes.

Higgins wrote Gates of Gotham with Snyder. David Hine writes ONE good Batman annual and he's a good Batman writer?? Tony Daniels has written at least one good Batman story... but he is a horrible Batman writer.

This. You pretty much summed up everything I was thinking.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jsphsmth said:

@Ironhawk22: Please. "every Batman Story counts" is Morrison's way of saying he is out of ideas, so he will rehash old ones. Batman of Zur-En-Arrh, Batmite, Kathy Kane, etc., these were ideas best left in the Silver Age. This is the modern age where hype or past achievements dont matter, good stories do.

As mentioned Gates is Higgins only good story and that suddenly makes him great? his Nightwing is mediocre and does nothing other than act as a sidekick to Snyders Batman.The Nightwing ongoing deals with issues left by Snyder's Batman,the book has like no ambition of it's own.

You're right Snyders work is so superior that he needs half assed stunts like Batman's long lost brother just appearing out of thin air or Joker cutting off his face only to reattach it all over again,lame gimmicks define his run.

Your talk about originality is also crap,there is nothing original about Snyder's Batman run,okay his Tec was full of ideas(regardless of whether I liked them or not) but there is nothing new about the Court of Owls.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mines.

Deathstroke is the father of Jason Todd, the whole it used to have white hair, and things will get more weird, the Grant Morrison version, the read hair is an alternate dimension Jason Todd, not only that Batman is actually Ace the Bathound in a human body.

I mean is Grant Morrison.

Bruce is not the father of Damien Wayne, it will turn out to be either a clone or some type of experiment.

Jean Paul Valley is coming back.

Damien is actually Ras.

Grant Morrison is the Earth 2 Allan Moore and both of them will fight to the death, oh wait, not actually a theory.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Saren

@jsphsmth said:

lol ok

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jsphsmth

@Joelislegend said:

@jsphsmth said:

Yes because only Moronison Fanboyism is allowed on the Vine. lol

Hard to take your arguement seriously when you compare the creation of Owlman in the DCnU to Moronison using Batmite in RIP.

Tony Daniels wrote a good Batman story? Don't think so, but that helps explain why you think Moronison can write Batman.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jsphsmth said:

@Joelislegend said:

@jsphsmth said:

Yes because only Moronison Fanboyism is allowed on the Vine. lol

Hard to take your arguement seriously when you compare the creation of Owlman in the DCnU to Moronison using Batmite in RIP.

Tony Daniels wrote a good Batman story? Don't think so, but that helps explain why you think Moronison can write Batman.

First of all drop the petty name calling,none of us is calling Snyder sucker.Secondly even a joke character like Batmite had more personality than Hush meets lamer Dr Hurt meets Owlman=most blandest villain ever created.Lincoln was an absolutely worthless character with only a few panels worth of appearances and then he suddenly becomes Bruce's brother...no wait he's not Bruce's brother...wait he is,seriously why the f*ck should I care? when the writer himself never made him compelling enough.

I'm not at all opposed to the idea itself,Snyder wasted a golden opportunity to give Batman a proper evil twin character,now Lincoln is another half assed experiment like Hush,the other hordes of Owlmen,Wrath and Catman.

Mind you it was Morrison who introduced the concept of Owlman as Batman's evil brother,and his attempt too was lackluster.So no Morrison is not immune to criticism,but he's better than every single current Bat writer put together

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By havoc1201

I like morrison but a lot of his stories refering the silver age were horrible and a lot of his stories endings were not epic like the hype lead up to beleive but he still did some great things on Batman. Snyder also is doing great things he is not perfect but no writer is.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joelislegend

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Batman is actually Ace the Bathound in a human body.

This.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dondave

@havoc1201 said:

I like morrison but a lot of his stories refering the silver age were horrible and a lot of his stories endings were not epic like the hype lead up to beleive but he still did some great things on Batman. Snyder also is doing great things he is not perfect but no writer is.

QFT

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.