Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman, Inc... not in continuity?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Durakken

Is it just me or does Batman Inc seem not in the post-Flashpoint continuity?

Every time it flashes back to Damian's history it's not right chronologically.

Further in issue 3 all the images in the web of stuff are things that we know couldn't take place in post-flashpoint continuity.

The only thing that seems to be in continuity is the costumes... Likewise it does seem that some form of it is happening, but not as we are seeing in it in the comics

So..

both in DCnU continuity?

General events in DCnU continuity, but the comics aren't?

Or Neither in DCnU continuity?

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Eternal19

It's supposed to be in the DCnU continuity. But its failing at it, since it wants us to believe that batman did all of that in five years. I wouldn't worry to much about continuity otherwise it'll make it hard to enjoy the book

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JoeEddie

I just ignore everything Grant Morrison does.

YMCMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By YMCMB

It doesn't fit well with the rest of the New 52 continuity, but it is canon. In addition, it'll probably remain in canon for the long run, while the New 52 changes won't.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FatihBATMAN

ive never read any batman inc. is it worth it? ive only heard basically bad things about it?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Durakken

@FatihBATMAN said:

ive never read any batman inc. is it worth it? ive only heard basically bad things about it?

Vol 1 = Collecting characters we will never hear from again and bringing up old characters that no longer exist continuity...unfinished

Special issue = I dunno I haven't read it. I assume it reveals that Talia is behind Leviathon...finishes vol1

Vol 2 = Bad Batman & Robin book so far. Get's Talia all wrong. Damian takes on a new persona at the end of issue 3, Matches Malone returns in issue 3. Don't know what is really going on. Issue 0 just badly recaps things leading up to Vol 1 and some of vol 1

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FatihBATMAN

okay...thanks...look like im not missing anything out! hehe :>

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#8  Edited By BatWatch

I think you are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Morrison seems more concerned with his own personal vision than he is in maintaining any kind of continuity, and the Bat editor is apparently asleep at the wheel.

@FatihBATMAN:

I think Durakken is being a tad harsh on the series. It is a long ways from great, but its not bad either. Overall, I would say that it has been a good read. Maybe eight out of ten. If the concept intrigues you, then pick up an issue. If you don't like what you read, then do not follow it. However, I do think it is worth a try.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FatihBATMAN

okay great...8 out of 10 that is rather outstanding though :>?...cool!

I just wanna know one thing....is there like 100+ people like batman in batman inc.?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Durakken

@FatihBATMAN said:

okay great...8 out of 10 that is rather outstanding though :>?...cool!

I just wanna know one thing....is there like 100+ people like batman in batman inc.?

Considering that most people delusionally think that 7/10 is average 8 is "good"... I would score it as a 4/10 as it hasn't delivered a good or consistent story...thus below average, but not horrible.

They did quote a number somewhere... it was something like 15 or 20.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman
    @JoeEddie said:

I just ignore everything Grant Morrison does.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Durakken: Don't blame the continuity problems on Morrison. Blame it on the editors at DC for instating the stupid five year timeline and trying to squeeze Damian, Batman's 10 year old son, into it. It's not just Grant either who's ignoring the 5 year thing either. Batman and Robin #0 by Peter J. Tomasi clearly show's that Damian was conceived while Bruce is already Batman. I'd advise you just kinda play it loose with the timeline thing and just try to enjoy the stories.

@FatihBATMAN said:

Don't listen to the haters. Batman Inc is in fact a great book. Grant Morrison is an excellent writer. He pays alot of attention to whats come before him. Not just his own work but the 70+ years of Batman continuity. He personally has been writing Batman for 6 years now and building upon his own continuity, keep everything rather tight with it too. I think some people don't like his recent writing because they're new to Batman and can't be bothered to go back and read anything that's come before. If they actually have to think about something and everything is blatant obvious they boohoo a book.

But even beyond all that, if you ARE new to Batman or just new to Grant I'd recommend picking up Batman Inc and giving it a try. It's alot of fun. Just try not to squeeze it in with everything else going on in the DCnU at the moment.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ssejllenrad

Morrison = EVERYTHING IS CANON!

Johns = Nothing is canon anymore!

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FatihBATMAN

@Durakken said:

like a score u mean?

@Onemoreposter said:

But even beyond all that, if you ARE new to Batman or just new to Grant I'd recommend picking up Batman Inc and giving it a try. It's alot of fun. Just try not to squeeze it in with everything else going on in the DCnU at the moment.

why not? too much story or confusing storylines i guess?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Durakken

@FatihBATMAN said:

@Durakken said:

like a score u mean?

No as in there is a number stated somewhere that says there are something like 15 places Bruce plans to recruit a batman...if we assume that he only recruited in those places then it's whatever that number minus 1 because Nobody killed 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.