Batman Graphic Novels

#1 Posted by gats_botl (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been looking at buying Batman : Knightfall Volume 1 (New Edition) and Batman : Hush.

what do you guys think of these?

Has anyone got any recommendations?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

I've yet to read Knightfall, but Hush is pretty good.

I'd recommend Batman & Son, The Black Glove, and Batman RIP.

#3 Posted by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

Bought Hush a few months ago and just ordered some more graphic novels today. I love the artwork in Hush. Jim Lee did an amazing job.

#4 Posted by gats_botl (78 posts) - - Show Bio

anymore?

#5 Posted by SupBatz (1699 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought "Hush" was just ok but "Heart of Hush" (the follow up) is great.. If you enjoy "Hush" definitely check out "Heart of Hush".

#6 Posted by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

This may help http://comics.ign.com/articles/624/624619p1.html

#7 Edited by cjc1303 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on what you are looking for in a Batman Graphic Novel, if you dont care how old the story is or the style of art then it opens your options up greatly. My personal favorites outside of Hush are Year One, Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Killing Joke, Dark Knight Returns, Under The Red Hood, The Black Mirror, Birth of The Demon and War Games Vol. 1-3. All are great reads but some are older and have older styles of art. But that is up to you if age of art style is a big deal stick to Under The Red Hood, Black Mirror and War Games. Under the Red Hood is also a good tie in to Hush because it expands on part of the story in Hush.

#8 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjc1303 said:

Depends on what you are looking for in a Batman Graphic Novel, if you dont care how old the story is or the style of art then it opens your options up greatly. My personal favorites outside of Hush are Year One, Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Killing Joke, Dark Knight Returns, Under The Red Hood, The Black Mirror, Birth of The Demon and War Games Vol. 1-3. All are great reads but some are older and have older styles of art. But that is up to you if age of art style is a big deal stick to Under The Red Hood, Black Mirror and War Games. Under the Red Hood is also a good tie in to Hush because it expands on part of the story in Hush.

THIS! Definitely pick up R.I.P. and The Black Glove as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.