Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman First Encounters and Villain Backstory

tguk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tguk911

Hey just picked up comics again since I was a kid. I used to read a lot of Marvel but now I'm starting with the DC Universe. I need help finding out comics with Batman's first encounters with any villains or their backstorys. Any info will help. Ive already read year one, hush, long halloween, dark victory, haunted knight, the man who laughs, LOTDK(shaman, prey, gothic, venom, snow), a few of the early golden age batman comics. Also I really didn't like four of a kind so if there are any alternate backstorys to the riddler or scarecrow I would love to read those instead. thanks guys.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KenTheProfile

@tguk911:

Batman confidential: Lovers and Madman a very good Joker origin story different for any before.

Not out yet but Penguin: Pain and Prejudice is an origin for penguin.

Batman year 2

as a first encounter with the reaper.

Batman Monsters

has some good stories highlighted by a first encounter with Clayface 2

Not batman but Lex Luthor: Man of steel is a great villain study I loved it and really do not like superman

tguk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tguk911

thanks gonna check out lovers and madmen and monsters out

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By serpent222

Conspicuous by its absence is definitely Knightfall, the debut of Bane. I'm not sure of an actual origin story of Scarecrow, as it seems to be addressed repeatedly at different intervals. The only other suggestion I have off the top of my head is the graphic novel, Joker.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.