Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Fights for 28 HOURS STRAIGHT in Batman #23

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine008
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Hello my fellow Bat fans, today I wanted to talk about a new feat Batman got in Batman #23. In the back up for this issue, Bruce is shown training in Norway before he became Batman. His teacher is trying to teach him the art of war by trying to force him to kill men by throwing him in a deathmatch with hoards of men. Bruce manages to fight for 28 HOURS STRAIGHT, and defeat every man who challenged him while abiding by his no kill code. I like writers pushing Batman to the limit to show just how physically apt Batman is, but I really think Scott Snyder went into the deep end here. Bruce isn't Spider-Man, Captain America, or Wolverine. He doesn't have superhuman stamina, and I think this was a mind numbingly stupid feat.

What are you guys thoughts?

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alexander505

He did it, right? so he can do it. He's a real peak human, he is not that moron of Bat-Bale. End of story

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeahhh...there's no way that the human body can be pushed that far.

Just admit that Bruce Wayne is at least a little superhuman with some "mind over matter" explanation.

Abhi471990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea we need more feats like this so that he can give fight to superman with adamentium

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He did it, right? so he can do it. He's a real peak human, he is not that moron of Bat-Bale. End of story

Yeaaaaa, no. Most metahumans would have immense struggle to complete that feat, and for Batman, who is just a peak human to do this is a glaring paragon of PIS. I'm not saying make him weak like Nolan's Batman, but this type of stuff is pushing it to the extreme.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alexander505

Yup, Batman can do this thanks to the training in the yoga or something.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would still find that explanation ridiculous.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless stated otherwise, it's just peak human ability.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally believe that Bruce Wayne has accessed a sort of superpower, an innate human potential for mind over matter, something that guys like Dr.Doom, Steve Rogers, and Lex Luthor have also accessed.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I personally believe that Bruce Wayne has accessed a sort of superpower, an innate human potential for mind over matter, something that guys like Dr.Doom, Steve Rogers, and Lex Luthor have also accessed.

... Or it could just be bullsh*t.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By batmannflash

Hahah well...it's an awesome feat nonetheless. I do agree it's a little over the top. But whatever. It's peak human ability in the comic book world

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander505 said:

I would still find that explanation ridiculous.

indeed

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone in the real world achieved peak human status? Human has no limit,there are real people who can do far more durable staffs than this. And this is comic book, comic book human =/= real world people.

An interesting concept.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I called BS when I read that. Batgod is still alive and well. DC should just friggen create a new category of metahuman to descibe Batsy since he's amazing at everything.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolverine008

@rustyroy:

I know comic book humans are superior to real humans, but I'm sorry, even for a comic book human, I find this feat utterly asinine.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: The human body has very real limits. No matter how much you bulk up with muscle, a Grizzly bear will still be much stronger than you and you will still never do anything more than piss off an Elephant.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MasterDetective

you can"t prove it is impossible to do that

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.................................................. Are you serious?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: @guardian_of_gravity: Not talking about strength, talking about endurance. And if you had to put your life on the line you'd give more than 10x your capable of, Batman has been shown to stay awake for days without any fatigue, he's taken hit from far powerful people, even from meta humans, this isn't anything new, if you think it is then you need to admit that 90% of the Batman feats are PIS.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08: @guardian_of_gravity: Not talking about strength, talking about endurance. And if you had to put your life on the line you'd give more than 10x your capable of, Batman has been shown to stay awake for days without any fatigue, he's taken hit from far powerful people, even from meta humans, this isn't anything new, if you think it is then you need to admit that 90% of the Batman feats are PIS.

Most of what Batman does is superhuman in real life, but in the comic book world, fits into the peak human category. So I'm fine with it. This feat though is stupid, even for a comic book peak human. It is a glaring example of PIS in my opinion. If DC wants to make Batman a metahuman, fine, but don't have him do stuff like this, and still say he's just human.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually you can, even the most rough and tumble of ancient warriors only fought in melee for minutes at a time before breaking off, taking a breather, then pushing back in because of how *exhausting* it is once the adrenaline stops flowing.

The comic implies Batman was fighting for 28 hours without any pause or rest. And I'm sorry but that's just not doable.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RustyRoy

@wolverine08: Yeah but its nothing compared to his previous feats and considering this is taking place at time when he is younger, stronger, faster and not nearly as physically damaged as the present day Batman so I don't understand why this should bother you or anyone now.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08: Yeah but its nothing compared to his previous feats and considering this is taking place at time when he is younger, stronger, faster and not nearly as physically damaged as the present day Batman so I don't understand why this should bother you or anyone now.

The main problem is that generally the human body just can't engage in hard core non-stop melee combat for more than maybe fifteen minutes, meaning Batman can fight 112 times longer than a human, combine that with issues of hunger, accumulated injuries, sleep deprivation, and dehydration and the absurdity goes up.

This isn't remotely peak human, this is way the hell superpowered.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolverine008

@rustyroy said:

The main problem is that generally the human body just can't engage in hard core non-stop melee combat for more than maybe fifteen minutes, meaning Batman can fight 112 times longer than a human, combine that with issues of hunger, accumulated injuries, sleep deprivation, and dehydration and the absurdity goes up.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

The things people will find to QQ about.....this isn't even marginally the most ludicrous thing Batman has done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
    deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure that Cap has fought for three dans straight. People only care if Batman has superhuman feats. I read comics to see cool impossible feats.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure that Cap has fought for three dans straight.

When?

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, he's superpowered. So? You want write a letter to Snyder and say to him: you're silly, let me write something more realistic for Batman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

But this is nothing new, Batman has done far more unbelievable things than this, so if you didn't have a problem before why do you have now?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

So Batman has stopped being human.

Seriously, the human body, peak, trained or otherwise is not built to be able to handle that kind of activity for that amount of time, and it should have given out long before that.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, he's superpowered. So? You want write a letter to Snyder and say to him: you're silly, let me write something more realistic for Batman.

I'd rather DC just admit that he's superhuman and drop the peak human thing altogether. It'd be more faithful to his character and there are ways to give him superhuman powers without getting too "unbatmanish". The Mind over Matter theory I mentioned earlier. It's clear that in both Marvel and DC, Martial arts can grant some pretty biology twisting powers, so they could say that he learned techniques that let him bring his body beyond that of what his physiology by all means should allow.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Years ago, Batman was able almost to break a glass that could withstand a missile's hit, and he was injured and depowered by gas when did that. So? Nothing new...

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Alexander505

@guardian_of_gravity said:

@alexander505 said:

I'd rather DC just admit that he's superhuman and drop the peak human thing altogether. It'd be more faithful to his character and there are ways to give him superhuman powers without getting too "unbatmanish". The Mind over Matter theory I mentioned earlier. It's clear that in both Marvel and DC, Martial arts can grant some pretty biology twisting powers, so they could say that he learned techniques that let him bring his body beyond that of what his physiology by all means should allow.

Yes I agree with you. So, what is Batman? A vampire? He has now the same physical abilities of a vampire, maybe?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander505 said:

Your theory would still make it peak human cause it was achieved by means of training not a freak accident or anything else, so he won't still be superhuman.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By Chaos Burn

Champion boxers and UFC fighters are tired within minutes of intense fighting 1-1, i'm pretty sure we have nothing in our own universe that could possible explain a normal, albeit peak, human fighting successfully for 28hrs.

Basic biology would rule that he at least would de-hydrate in a few hours, depending on how much refreshment he got

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The power of the mind, could explain the Batman's feats, yes, and how he reached the physical and mental perfection.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sad part is that Batman fighting for 28 hours is the only thing people seem to take away from that story despite it actually being a little thought-provoking. The point of the story wasn't "Look at how much stamina Batman has, this should make some fanboys cry", it was intended to be a rebuttal to the idea that Batman killing his enemies is the only way to stop evil permanently. Snyder's take is that Bruce doesn't need to kill as long as he can frighten the cowardly superstitious lot into submission, but while that take might work on low-level criminals and rogues like Penguin or Riddler, it doesn't provide a satisfactory answer for the likes of Joker, Bane, Ra's et al; the villains who simply aren't scared of Batman. This is a point that's been raised in pre-FP Batman stories as well; Bruce relies on fear to keep Gotham standing, so what happens when someone who's just not afraid of him shows up?

But nooooo, let's all go crazy over an over-the-top Batman feat instead.......like those are rare or something.....

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is that "Age 24" referring to Bruce? And if so, does that make it easier to know how old he is for sure? Like is this part set 6 years ago like the rest of Zero Year apparently is?

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alexander505

So Bruce has 30 years old

Probably, now that he's Batman, has more stamina than before huahuahauha Maybe now can fight for three days....LOL

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

peak human is the greatest super power in comics, it's basically reality warping at this point

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@guardian_of_gravity said:

@alexander505 said:

Your theory would still make it peak human cause it was achieved by means of training not a freak accident or anything else, so he won't still be superhuman.

He'd be preforming beyond the context of his biology, so in a sense he would still be superhuman. As he is indeed doing better than the human body can allow. But right now we're delving into semantics.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Wolverine008
    w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf is he luthor strode now. Mind over matter turning him into a modern day hercules.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Alexander505

I'm really curious what think Snyder and Capullo about Bruce's strength...Maybe we'll find out...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander505: Bale batman did some ridiculous stuff too, but that might be off topic

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@alexander505: Bale batman did some ridiculous stuff too, but that might be off topic

For be in the realistic world, yes, probably.

Avatar image for relentlessabyss
    RelentlessAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: When did he fight for 3 days straight? And at what intensity?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's a comic book. Most of what Batman does probably isn't possible for a real life "peak human".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.