Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman (father)

xBIGjakeX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xBIGjakeX360

Do you think Batman would be a good father? And if he became a dad do you think he would turn over the role batman to one of the robins?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Daveyo520

Ummm, he is a dad... Also he is okay at it. A little cold and distant but he still loves his sons. Damian Wayne, he also adopted the other Robins. Also Dick Grayson was Batman for a while with Damian as his Robin (who is still Robin now).

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nightwing91

@xBIGjakeX360: He is a good father, he has 5 children although 4 are through adoption.

Tim Drake, Dick Grayson,Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain and Damian Wayne.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Daveyo520

@nightwing91: I actually did not know he adopted Cassandra too.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nightwing91

@Daveyo520: It was back during the Cassandra Cain Batgirl mini shortly before R.I.P.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Daveyo520

@nightwing91: Ah.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nightwing91

@Daveyo520: And just so you know and can see for yourself.

No Caption Provided

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Daveyo520

@nightwing91: lol, I believed you. I don't need to see it for myself. I guess Stephanie Brown is not good enough. Unless her mom is still alive, which I have no clue. >.>

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

He kinda sucks at it actually, I mean he barely ever "parented" his adopted kids except maybe Dick and Jason, and now that he actually has a kid it only took him 4 issues to make him run away and turn evil. Unlike most comic fans I don't really view Bruce's adopted kids as his kids in anything but a legal sense, Alfred took care of Dick more than Bruce and I view them more as brothers than father and son, Tim had his dad for most of his childhood so I see Bruce as more of his uncle or something, I'm assuming Alfred handled Jason more often than not but I'm not sure, Bruce didn't spend all that much time with Cass Cain he hardly ever acknowledges her as family and she was at least 17 when she was adopted she had her terrible father for a large part of her childhood to. Bats definitely has deep emotional ties to all his adopted kids but I don't think he's ever done anything that would count as parenting any of them and putting them in tights so people can shoot at them doesn't count. Damian's the only who's actually his kid and their relationship sucks

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Daveyo520

@BlackArmor: Damian's relationship with anyone sucks lol.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nightwing91

@Daveyo520: Crystal Brown is still alive, as is her father The Cluemaster.

@BlackArmor said:

He kinda sucks at it actually, I mean he barely ever "parented" his adopted kids except maybe Dick and Jason, and now that he actually has a kid it only took him 4 issues to make him run away and turn evil. Unlike most comic fans I don't really view Bruce's adopted kids as his kids in anything but a legal sense, Alfred took care of Dick more than Bruce and I view them more as brothers than father and son, Tim had his dad for most of his childhood so I see Bruce as more of his uncle or something, I'm assuming Alfred handled Jason more often than not but I'm not sure, Bruce didn't spend all that much time with Cass Cain he hardly ever acknowledges her as family and she was at least 17 when she was adopted she had her terrible father for a large part of her childhood to. Bats definitely has deep emotional ties to all his adopted kids but I don't think he's ever done anything that would count as parenting any of them and putting them in tights so people can shoot at them doesn't count. Damian's the only who's actually his kid and their relationship sucks

She didn't actually have her father for a large part of her childhood she ran away from him when she was 8. And actually they all consider Bruce their father, as they have said before even Tim who had his father until he was almost 18 accepted Bruce as a father figure, as shown in one issue when he struggled deeply to pick out a father's day present for Bruce. And Dick certainly views him as a father, he's made it apparent multiple times that Bruce is his father, and he loves him as much as any son can love a father.He's not the best, but for damaged kids he's certainly the best father they could ever hope for.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Daveyo520

@nightwing91: I thought he died. Never mind then!

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Daveyo520 said:

True enough lol

@nightwing91 said:

@Daveyo520: Crystal Brown is still alive, as is her father The Cluemaster.

@BlackArmor said:

She didn't actually have her father for a large part of her childhood she ran away from him when she was 8. And actually they all consider Bruce their father, as they have said before even Tim who had his father until he was almost 18 accepted Bruce as a father figure, as shown in one issue when he struggled deeply to pick out a father's day present for Bruce. And Dick certainly views him as a father, he's made it apparent multiple times that Bruce is his father, and he loves him as much as any son can love a father.He's not the best, but for damaged kids he's certainly the best father they could ever hope for.

No arguments, mostly because it's two in the morning and I can't quite seem to think straight right now but also because he was a father figure to all of them and I'm just getting caught up in technicalitys when I say he wasn't a father to any of them, I'm getting stuck somewhere between father and father figure but whatever the difference is its probably not big enough to disenfranchise Bruce

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis

Well compared to what Deathstroke,Vandal Savage and David Cain put their kids through he's a saint.Ofcourse Bane is the best father of them all lol,just ask Scandal.

battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By battyfan1

bruce can be a great dad....... i mean he has always taken care of his robins......including damian <3

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Superguy0009e

@BlackArmor: i dont think batman is much of a parent, but maybe more of a man that gives guidance.

He could be a parent, he just isnt that amazing at it

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Superguy0009e: My thoughts exactly on his role in his adopted kids lives, someone who give direction not really a parent. Its a shame he's striking out with Damian right now I'm sure he can and will do better after this arc

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nightwing91

@BlackArmor: On the contrary, I believe everyone of his kids see him as father instead of a father figure.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19  Edited By RedOwl_1

So far is a good father, not the dream one, but isn't a terrible father... Damian is other matter.

Bruce don't want thrust him, Damian don't want to obey his orders, a cycle without end

@Daveyo520 said:

That's something that really influences on their relationship

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Superguy0009e

@BlackArmor: i think it will get better, just imagine having a murderous 8 year old son.

@nightwing91: that's the point. In Blue Beetle, he talks how people arent suppose to like him, i think he just hates positive attention

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.