Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman fans are among the more intelligent fanbase

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@micah: dbz is one thing but comicvine has a serious obsession for batman. They are definitely not a minority on vine

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batgirlcc said:

@project_worm said:

Right, because saying "Batman wins because he's Batman" takes alot of intelligence.

Eh, like someone above said, nobody serious ever said that.

Not, but its the logic behind several comments.

About Batman.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: dbz is one thing but comicvine has a serious obsession for batman. They are definitely not a minority on vine

I agree.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#104 frozen  Moderator

@micah said:

@flashback0180 said:

I agree.

Do you know why? I'll let you in on a secret:

Batman is the most popular comic book character. Not only does he massively succeed in games, cartoons and films, but sells the most as a DC character. Therefore his popularity is justified.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@micah said:

@flashback0180 said:

I agree.

Do you know why? I'll let you in on a secret:

Batman is the most popular comic book character. Not only does he massively succeed in games, cartoons and films, but sells the most as a DC character. Therefore his popularity is justified.

Vince McMahon its this you?

The same flawed logic applied to John Cena.

No Caption Provided

If you dont push the others, you will never get other superstar, thats why Marvel its stomping DC in movies and why DC its winning on TV, by the fact Batman will never show his face on TV.

TV its NXT.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@knightsofdarkness2 said:

Therefore, yes I think Batman fans are far from stupid, in fact they are smart, open-minded people.

No Caption Provided

Oh? The notion that Batman fans are open-minded people is laughable? I don't see any other fanbase coming up with creative strategies to take down opponents in VS fights.

There are several other fan bases that do the same and thousands upon thousands of Bat-fans aren't exactly intelligent so we can't say all bat-fans are open minded and intelligent especially when half of the fan base are exactly the opposite of that. Heck, I'm a bat-fan and I've met many other bat-fans who high-ball the character or just post "Batman winz" and considering batman has an incredibly large fan base the chances are absolute zero for all bat-fans being intelligent.

Also, why are you posting on another account? What happened to your Batgirl_CC one?

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: As long as you close your eyes and pretend that Arrow is not a Batman clone with an Errol Flynn fixation...oh snap, that observation was said by Batman to Green Arrow in pre 52.

The first Huntress episode was the best in the season. And they ruined Huntress.

Deadshot...Batman villain

Deathstroke...Teen Titans/Robin villain.

Raa's al Ghul...Batman villain.

Nysa Ghul...Robin villain.

P.S. The last show that actually had Batman in it was animated and critically acclaimed.

The last time there was a live action Batman was in the 1960s with Adam West.

If GotHam did not use so much soap in their presentation, the show might have had a chance. Instead, they ruin Renee Montoya, Selina Kyle, Barbara Kean/Gordon, and every other non psychotic female or main character from the comics. So, no, DC is not beating Marvel in TV. Their track record has only one non miss IMHO. And their future does not look good.

Saying that the DC character that has the most critical awards for writing and story would be bad on the small screen is part of why so many people think that fan wankers are the only people that post on this site.

Intelligent and literate reasons for Batman in street level battles are ignored because haters like you cannot connect simple reasoning. You over react to fanboys that do not read comics because people that read Batman are beyond the understanding of haters.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batgirlcc said:

@knightsofdarkness2 said:

Therefore, yes I think Batman fans are far from stupid, in fact they are smart, open-minded people.

No Caption Provided

Oh? The notion that Batman fans are open-minded people is laughable? I don't see any other fanbase coming up with creative strategies to take down opponents in VS fights.

There are several other fan bases that do the same and thousands upon thousands of Bat-fans aren't exactly intelligent so we can't say all bat-fans are open minded and intelligent especially when half of the fan base are exactly the opposite of that. Heck, I'm a bat-fan and I've met many other bat-fans who high-ball the character or just post "Batman winz" and considering batman has an incredibly large fan base the chances are absolute zero for all bat-fans being intelligent.

Also, why are you posting on another account? What happened to your Batgirl_CC one?

Obviously I never meant all the bat-fans are open-minded. I'm just talking about them in general.

I know about the other account, he/she had explained it somewhere in another thread earlier. I'm a new user, the username with the other user was just a coincidence. I would want to change my username to avoid the confusion but well, its a free account and I can't be bothered to pay money just to do that.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord:I compare Batman with John Cena for one reason, i love both of them, but saddly the machine behind them and their fan base gets out of hand, isnt their fault.

Street Level?

I just say that John Constantine, Captain America and Deathstroke can beat Batman and that makes me a hater... that makes no sense, John Constantine has powers and uses magic, Captain America has powers and people saddly underrate his intelligence and Deathstroke not only is above Captain America, its smarter and has powers he doesnt, none of the people i had said could beat Batman are in street level.

Sorry but the fact i just simply dont believe Batman always wins or should always win, doesnt make me a hater.

Arrow is about Batman what a shock, i had said this millions of times.

Deadshot start as a Batman villain, but to be honest he is more of a Suicide Squad Member that a Batman villian at this point, besides he grew up out of this.

Deathstroke was never a Batman villain, he had something going with Batman, but that its because he is a mercenary, but he was mostly a Teen Titans Villain

None of them were ever a Green Arrow villains, but saying they are Batman villains its like saying DarkSeid its a Superman villain or Deadpool its a Wolverine villain.

I never said it wouldnt work, DC isnt going to let Batman be on TV because he is in their mind he is too big for TV, it make sense in their minds.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: The majority of my post was in regard to the absurd idea that a Batman show could not work on the small screen.

The fact that Batman can serve as a multibillion dollar tent pole franchise is the reason that he will not appear on a tv show.

Batman vs Deathstroke is mildly contested, but DS has a 6-7/10 win over Batman by arguments by viners. This is close to what he actually has in pre 52 Canon.

Batman vs Captain America is a really controversial fight because of Batman having a slim skill edge and a likely tech and gear edge. This is countered by slightly better than DS skills and stats across the board. Great arguments will and have been made for both.

And John Constantine is either a street leveled with a lot of knowledge or a straight powerhouse. Either one seems to win a dominant majority against Batman. He has knowledge and experience with the supernatural in Gotham City and beyond, contrary to most arguments. He is not as well trained or experienced as legit DC occult characters.

And if the best stories for a villain involve their principal or initial nemesis, then they should be associated with that nemesis.

I was wrong to be this hostile, but there is a lot of lowballing of Batman to go with the highballing of some.

Check out my Spider-Man Endgame gauntlet to see why I always felt that Batman with prep would overpower Spider-Man with tech and gear.

PS. I think the Joker Justice League is really just an amped Clayface with JL DNA. So Spider-Man fans can argue that. Of course I specify that Superman opens up with a wide beam heat blast like in endgame. From the air.

tbf, I gave Spider-Man kryptonite gum.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hard headed and stubborn yes, but not stupid DBZ fans like their maths

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. In fact, I think the most intelligent.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah no. This is a fanbase who thinks Batman can take down anyone with prep time.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only the ones that let the Chew get inside their hearts.

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you can't classify all bat-fans as one thing that is ludicrous. Batman is one of the largest fan bases so there will be plenty, maybe even a majority of well informed and non-fanatical fans. The problem is that the loudmouthed ill-informed idiots are generally the ones that troll most often on places like comicvine, so you only hear from them.

also, a warning to all those with histories of not watching seizure inducing animations. Do not copy the picture from @knightsofdarkness2, or better yet don't look at it all, that thing will spawn a weeping angel and a portal to hell in your mind

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@korbenheagerty: I didn't notice anything seizure inducing about my avatar I'll change it if anyone has a problem with it.

Edit: I don't recall posting any seizure inducing gif in any thread.

Also, that gif I posted is a popular laughing gif. I don't know where the heck you got that it's seizure inducing.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

Yeah no. This is a fanbase who thinks Batman can take down anyone with prep time.

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Korbenheagerty

@knightsofdarkness2: it's not your avatar, you posted a creepy gif in the thread with the laughing guy zooming in close up of the face, and zooming out, it keeps getting copied by others and I swear that thing is designed to induce madness, look at batgirlcc's last post, it's there

Edit: sorry, seizure inducing might be the wrong word, but in my opinion, that thing is creepy. My eyes have trouble processing it, combine that with the creepy expression on the doll's face make it impossible for me to look at for more than 2 seconds.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.