Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman: Earth One- Volume 2

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all! It seems there is not already a thread for discussion of this OGN.

I must say. Geoff Johns' second volume of Batman: Earth one once again is great. I had not enjoyed at all the first two Superman: Earth One volumes. I also was found greatly wanting after reading The Killing Joke, oddly enough. I had begun to think it was the OGN format I disliked as there was not enough room to fit in as much story as you'd fit into a six to twelve issue comic arc. But Johns' first Batman: Earth One proved that theory wrong, as I greatly enjoyed that. And he manages to do it again with Volume 2. Now let me also say, I did also enjoy Superman: Earth One- Volume 3, surprisingly.

First of all let me say, that it seems that the Earth One books seem to be getting a repetitive shtick. As in both Superman: Earth One- Volume 3 and Batman: Earth One- Volume 2 a character with the name of a big villain of each hero dies and a female relative of that character goes on to become that villain. It does seem concerning especially, in that they happened so close together in the same imprint, which only releases a few books a year. But if they leave it at that, it may be fine.

Now to the hype. Johns has introduced three key villains for future volumes. Two-Face, Killer Croc, and Catwoman, and two, and possibly all three of them, know his secret identity. I look forward to reading about these characters in future volumes. And I greatly enjoyed how Johns weaved the Riddler plot into the fallout from the first volume, and the creation of Two-Face.

And that is what I have to say. Everyone else, please post your thoughts below.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kilowog52: I found it to be very enjoyable as well and I cant Wait for the next volume.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Read it.
    Truly enjoyed it. I found it a bit anti-climactic but it was nice.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

I heard Geoff made Batman look like a chump once again. These books should be read like parodies like how most read ASBAR.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I loved it! Bit weird how Harvey's sister became Two-Face, I'm not sure how I feel on that after a similar thing happening in Superman: Earth One's lastest book too, but all in all I thought this was a great continuation from the first book.

Riddler was great, as was the new take on Killer Croc - I'm hoping we see a lot more of Croc soon, as he really stood out. I can't wait until Volume 3 hits shelves.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.