Batman Earth 1

#1 Edited by Fnz (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody know when DC want to release Batman: Earth One? They introduce that idea but it gets silenced.
I'm looking forward for this project although Superman Earth One was a little bit dissapointement for me...

#2 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite frankly man, they're playing dumb, and most likely they won't put the title out.

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully never, Geoff Johns on Batman is never a good move.

#4 Posted by Fnz (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Huh, and why's that? I'm not familliar with GJ work at Batman, only that issue with Brubaker so please throw me some info:)
#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fnz said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Huh, and why's that? I'm not familliar with GJ work at Batman, only that issue with Brubaker so please throw me some info:)
It's apparent that Geoff is not a fan of Bruce Wayne.
#6 Posted by spaceboy (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt 
You really don't like Johns, huh?

#7 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@spaceboy said:
@FadeToBlackBolt  You really don't like Johns, huh?
I can understand why FadeToBlackBlot doesn't like Johns.  Johns can write, but right now he is writing for himself and not whats best for the medium.  Moves like bringing back the silver age characters only increase my stance that comics are becoming more of a escapist medium where people read to get lost in superhero worlds, instead of enjoying the medium as the unique form of communication it is.  Someone like Geoff Johns can never reach the same level of an Alan Moore or Grant Morrison because Johns doesn't push himself to go past this strengths.  He is good at what he does and makes a boat load of money doing it.  His work is accessible because he cares to tell stories and not push the medium while telling the story.  Morrison for example has pushed the medium while writing the most elaborate Batman story ever told.

Johns has taken the Marvel formula of one "event" after another so his fiscal quarters look great. This is why blackest night had an anti-climatic ending, same with Brightest day and pretty sure flashpoint will as well.  The stories are now dragged on to make the most money, not to tell the best stories.  There are flashes (pardon the pun) of great moments, but overall the investment of time and money is not the same as if it was invested elsewhere.

Johns was a better writer when he wasn't "the man" running the universe.
#8 Posted by Jake Fury (18158 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite Johns story is still this: 

#9 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it was supposed to come out the last quarter of last year. And, it's been 6 months with no word of it. I think it might have been cancelled.

#10 Posted by spaceboy (201 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
@spaceboy said:
I can understand why FadeToBlackBlot doesn't like Johns.  Johns can write, but right now he is writing for himself and not whats best for the medium.  Moves like bringing back the silver age characters only increase my stance that comics are becoming more of a escapist medium where people read to get lost in superhero worlds, instead of enjoying the medium as the unique form of communication it is.  Someone like Geoff Johns can never reach the same level of an Alan Moore or Grant Morrison because Johns doesn't push himself to go past this strengths.  He is good at what he does and makes a boat load of money doing it.  His work is accessible because he cares to tell stories and not push the medium while telling the story.  Morrison for example has pushed the medium while writing the most elaborate Batman story ever told.  Johns has taken the Marvel formula of one "event" after another so his fiscal quarters look great. This is why blackest night had an anti-climatic ending, same with Brightest day and pretty sure flashpoint will as well.  The stories are now dragged on to make the most money, not to tell the best stories.  There are flashes (pardon the pun) of great moments, but overall the investment of time and money is not the same as if it was invested elsewhere.  Johns was a better writer when he wasn't "the man" running the universe.
I agree Johns seems to write for the nostalgic and his style is...not my cup of tea but out of the US-mainstream-capes-and-thights-bunch he is one of the better imho.
#11 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@spaceboy: Johns is good for those who look for escape.
But for the ability to really challenged the medium he has not impressed.
Top writers in working in capes to push the medium is
  • Grant Morrison
  • Peter Milligan
  • Jeff Lemire
#12 Posted by spaceboy (201 posts) - - Show Bio

But doesn't the majority of the people who read stuff like Justice League and Green Lantern want exactly that ?
A cool, disposable piece of entertainment that takes them away from the daily routine. I don't necessarly like that but comic books are a business and superheroes the equivalent of play-it-safe summer blockbuster so they will  always be more commercial in nature than innovative. What pisses me of are indie titles that are nothing more than a cheap imitation of the things we get every month from the big two. That and the random appearance of ninjas, vampires, robots etc. in every title that tries too hard to be cool.

#13 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
Morrison for example has pushed the medium while writing the most elaborate Batman story ever told.

His reward ?

Tons of elephant shit from the fans, his run had flaws, but it was still an amazing run that took Batman miles and miles away from other modern superheroes.
#14 Posted by danhimself (22295 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
@spaceboy said:
I can understand why FadeToBlackBlot doesn't like Johns.  Johns can write, but right now he is writing for himself and not whats best for the medium.  Moves like bringing back the silver age characters only increase my stance that comics are becoming more of a escapist medium where people read to get lost in superhero worlds, instead of enjoying the medium as the unique form of communication it is.  Someone like Geoff Johns can never reach the same level of an Alan Moore or Grant Morrison because Johns doesn't push himself to go past this strengths.  He is good at what he does and makes a boat load of money doing it.  His work is accessible because he cares to tell stories and not push the medium while telling the story.  Morrison for example has pushed the medium while writing the most elaborate Batman story ever told.  Johns has taken the Marvel formula of one "event" after another so his fiscal quarters look great. This is why blackest night had an anti-climatic ending, same with Brightest day and pretty sure flashpoint will as well.  The stories are now dragged on to make the most money, not to tell the best stories.  There are flashes (pardon the pun) of great moments, but overall the investment of time and money is not the same as if it was invested elsewhere.  Johns was a better writer when he wasn't "the man" running the universe.
wait are you saying that he shouldn't write the stories that he wants to write and should only cater to fans?  I'm sorry but that's kind of ridiculous...all writers write what they want to write...that's what writing is about...it's not a fan service
#15 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
@Silkcuts said:
@spaceboy said:
wait are you saying that he shouldn't write the stories that he wants to write and should only cater to fans?  I'm sorry but that's kind of ridiculous...all writers write what they want to write...that's what writing is about...it's not a fan service
I never said he shouldn't write stories he wants to write.  I never said he shouldn't cater to fans.  I praised his writing ability as an entertaining writer, but a master of the medium he is not.  The medium of graphic narration is more then just having a plot that readers like.  That is the difference of Morrison and Johns.  Johns makes money because the masses like his accessible stories, Morrison is a God because what he does with the medium only few CAN DO.  I wish I could structure a story half as good as Morrison can.  Johns is creative and tells great plots, but his stories lack the same Magick as guys like Moore and Morrison.  The medium is hurting because most comic readers read comics to "Escape".  The medium is a unique art form that not everyone can truly digest to its maximum potential, that is fact.  If everyone understood Morrison's batman, my reviews wouldn't be entertaining because everyone would point out what I have been doing with Morrison's work on Batman.  Johns is a hot writer, his Earth 1 would have a great plot I am sure, but it would be no where near the same sophistication as Morrison's Batman.  Its night and day.  Both are great writers, but have their own strengths, but it is a Fact Morrison is the Savant and Johns is not.  If Morrison had Johns power of control over the DCU, the level of writing would be where it should be for adults.  The comic industry last time I checked was driven by adults now, so the more the writing should evolve and be more experimental to what makes the medium special in the first place.
#16 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040 said:
@Silkcuts said:
Morrison for example has pushed the medium while writing the most elaborate Batman story ever told.
 His reward ?  Tons of elephant shit from the fans, his run had flaws, but it was still an amazing run that took Batman miles and miles away from other modern superheroes.
It looks like their are flaws but he is not done yet.
#17 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Damn strait he is not ! I can't wait for the Leviathan story to kick off, sad thing that probably we'll have to see it started in a year.
#18 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: Flashpoint is really screwing with the more sophisticated stories.  I hope to god Didiot is not trying to force John completely back to the DCU, the Vertigo version Milligan is writing contains a sub-plot that seems to suggest a tie to "Alternate universes".  Now Milligan is writing the Dark JLA or whatever it is called.... I worry the biggest John Constantine fan.
#19 Edited by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Damn Johns, you really give him too much credit by calling him an "entertaining writer" after he single-handedly  DESTROYED  the Green Lantern universe.

And didn't you hear ? Both Didiot and Milligan firmly established both versions of Constantine are separate versions, Didiot himself stated Hellblazer is not going anywhere.

And you really like that self-appointed title don't ya' ?
#20 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040 said:
@Silkcuts: Damn Johns, you really give him too much credit by calling him an "entertaining writer" after he single-handedly  DESTROYED  the Green Lantern universe.  And didn't you hear ? Both Didiot and Milligan firmly established both versions of Constantine are separate versions, Didiot himself stated Hellblazer is not going anywhere.  And you really like that self-appointed title don't ya' ?
I try not to read much what Didiot says, he hurts my head.

The title might be originally self-appointed, but no one argued it since its true.  Before flashpoint I was the only one pimping John Constantine and after my BD24 review, I proved no one loves him more then me.  Heck I think its humble saying "Comicvines" biggest fan.  I honestly don't believe their is any fan with a closer connection to John then I have.  I am glad more John fans are showing up on the vine, but I've solidified my position as his biggest fan on comicvine by all he work I did to promote him way before he was "Cool".
#21 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
@Feliciano2040 said:
@Silkcuts: Damn Johns, you really give him too much credit by calling him an "entertaining writer" after he single-handedly  DESTROYED  the Green Lantern universe.  And didn't you hear ? Both Didiot and Milligan firmly established both versions of Constantine are separate versions, Didiot himself stated Hellblazer is not going anywhere.  And you really like that self-appointed title don't ya' ?
I try not to read much what Didiot says, he hurts my head.  The title might be originally self-appointed, but no one argued it since its true.  Before flashpoint I was the only one pimping John Constantine and after my BD24 review, I proved no one loves him more then me.  Heck I think its humble saying "Comicvines" biggest fan.  I honestly don't believe their is any fan with a closer connection to John then I have.  I am glad more John fans are showing up on the vine, but I've solidified my position as his biggest fan on comicvine by all he work I did to promote him way before he was "Cool".
your so hip, lol jkjk
#22 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
I try not to read much what Didiot says, he hurts my head.  The title might be originally self-appointed, but no one argued it since its true.  Before flashpoint I was the only one pimping John Constantine and after my BD24 review, I proved no one loves him more then me.  Heck I think its humble saying "Comicvines" biggest fan.  I honestly don't believe their is any fan with a closer connection to John then I have.  I am glad more John fans are showing up on the vine, but I've solidified my position as his biggest fan on comicvine by all he work I did to promote him way before he was "Cool".

Hey, I didn't say you were undeserving of the title ! You've done a great job with John's page !

But when I die, hopefully sick in a bed, surrounded by family, I'll see that blonde bastard waving back at me and saying "You're welcome mate !".
#23 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2: its funny you commented.  Trends come and go and with DCU John looking like a failure right now I hope the trend fades fast.  I want more people to read John Constantine, yes, but I wanted them to find him like I did, with a moment of synchronicity.
#24 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: Like how he saluted Moore in a bar in London, I know John walks amongst the mortals.
I too, do hope one day that I meet the great Constant-One. 
Thank ya kindly on the comment, sad part is I am lazy to work on it more and then their are things I hope back on what to write, almost like "Exclusive" knowledge, for knowledge is power after all.
#25 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Na it's cool I just got a chuckle out of the hipster air from your comment. Here, I'll make myself look like a hipster too:
I only listen to bands that have members who are all deceased...that way they're really underground.
http://instantrimshot.com/
#26 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: I am always amazed at how serious Moore sounds when he says he's met Constantine, it's just out of this world !

And little by little man, there's no rush in finishing a page that's really great for people who need to know about the character.

And Batman Earth One ! Yeah...............sure...............batman.
#27 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2 said:
@Silkcuts: Na it's cool I just got a chuckle out of the hipster air from your comment. Here, I'll make myself look like a hipster too: I only listen to bands that have members who are all deceased...that way they're really underground. http://instantrimshot.com/
Dude, no worries, their is no "Bad blood" (yes pun intended).  Hipster was not what I was aiming for, but hey a laugh is the greatest gift a person can give another person, so I am glad you got a chuckle.  Speaking of deceased bands... because of a book I am writing, that is all I am listening to myself... and Kanye to balance that out.  So snaps.... I need to break this hipster $h!+.  Where is a Spider-Man comic when I need one?
#28 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040 said:
@Silkcuts: I am always amazed at how serious Moore sounds when he says he's met Constantine, it's just out of this world !  And little by little man, there's no rush in finishing a page that's really great for people who need to know about the character.  And Batman Earth One ! Yeah...............sure...............batman.
Have you read Snakes and Ladders?  Their is a great scene in which Moore mentions the great exchange of knowledge, with a few sentences. 

Yeah... I want the DCU version to settle in more before I find nice ways to say why it is horrible...lol

Superman Earth One was accessible and that is what Batman Earth One needs to be.  It is universes for people who have a juvenile understanding of the medium, note I use the word juvenile none derogatory, it is simple fact not everyone reads comics the same.  If there was a grading system I would say Juvenile is the standard, Tiny Titans is infant, works like Moore is a mastery of the medium if something like Promethea is clear to why is its the greatest structured series ever.  
#29 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
@Sydpart2 said:
@Silkcuts: Na it's cool I just got a chuckle out of the hipster air from your comment. Here, I'll make myself look like a hipster too: I only listen to bands that have members who are all deceased...that way they're really underground. http://instantrimshot.com/
Dude, no worries, their is no "Bad blood" (yes pun intended).  Hipster was not what I was aiming for, but hey a laugh is the greatest gift a person can give another person, so I am glad you got a chuckle.  Speaking of deceased bands... because of a book I am writing, that is all I am listening to myself... and Kanye to balance that out.  So snaps.... I need to break this hipster $h!+.  Where is a Spider-Man comic when I need one?
lol idk, just do what I do to fit in, pretend to like the new most played song on the radio...on second thought scratch that. 
But on the discussion about Johns (the writer lol) I disagree with the idea that he isn't doing anything to shake up the medium. I feel that bringing back a lot of the silver age characters (which Morrison is just as guilty of) has really brought new life to the old characters and made people realize why they fell in love with the genre in the first place. I particularly love what both Johns and Morrison have been doing with the books they've been on over the last few years, they've essentially made arcs for the loyal life long fans that address every version of the character and essentially reinvent them for a new generation in a way that doesn't aggravate the old fans. Morrison has certainly done a lot more in addressing the past character interpretations than has Johns, but certainly Morrison had a much richer and more loved character to draw upon.
#30 Edited by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:

Have you read Snakes and Ladders?  Their is a great scene in which Moore mentions the great exchange of knowledge, with a few sentences.   Yeah... I want the DCU version to settle in more before I find nice ways to say why it is horrible...lol  Superman Earth One was accessible and that is what Batman Earth One needs to be.  It is universes for people who have a juvenile understanding of the medium, note I use the word juvenile none derogatory, it is simple fact not everyone reads comics the same.  If there was a grading system I would say Juvenile is the standard, Tiny Titans is infant, works like Moore is a mastery of the medium if something like Promethea is clear to why is its the greatest structured series ever.  

I don't believe I have good sir ! Is that a biography on Moore or something ?

If Batman Earth One ever saw the light of day, I would prefer it to be more tightly linked to the original story, that change of origin in Superman Earth One wasn't exactly good, it served little purpose other than creating a flamboyant, and really strange villain for Superman. 

And please Didiot, keep Geoffcon away from Batman, it is clear beyond any shadow of doubt that the man hates Batman.

And what is Promethea ?
#31 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2 said:
@Silkcuts said:
@Sydpart2 said:
lol idk, just do what I do to fit in, pretend to like the new most played song on the radio...on second thought scratch that.  But on the discussion about Johns (the writer lol) I disagree with the idea that he isn't doing anything to shake up the medium. I feel that bringing back a lot of the silver age characters (which Morrison is just as guilty of) has really brought new life to the old characters and made people realize why they fell in love with the genre in the first place. I particularly love what both Johns and Morrison have been doing with the books they've been on over the last few years, they've essentially made arcs for the loyal life long fans that address every version of the character and essentially reinvent them for a new generation in a way that doesn't aggravate the old fans. Morrison has certainly done a lot more in addressing the past character interpretations than has Johns, but certainly Morrison had a much richer and more loved character to draw upon.
I guess you are not a Kyle Ranyer fan?  Johns has not handled that character well.  Hal was a murderer because his titles didn't sell.  Hal had little fan support, Alan Scott is the classic GL for Silver age fans, yet where is his love in Johns' mythos?  Barry Allan was great sure, but his death in Crisis was history that made the torch passing to wally so special.  Now Wally fans, readers of the last 25 years are shafted.  Johns is alienating a lot of fans, I got into comics in the 90s and the landscape is not the same, I feel like DC is pissing on their history, not making it richer.  The only thing richer they are trying is filling their pockets with anti-climatic events.  Blackest Night and Brightest Days were anti-climatic because quarterly budgets need to hit quotas. 

Metaphysically Morrison is on another level and that is why his Batman is good.  Not about the rich history.  The GL has a rich history as well same with all of the flashes.  Johns is an entertaining writer when it comes to making pretty storyboards, but when it comes to pushing the medium, in ways Morrison, Alan Moore, Peter Milligan, Kyle Baker and Chris Ware.  "Comics" have returned to their original stage as "funny books" and are loosing the sophistication they once had.
#32 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: Snakes and Ladders was play, which was adapted into comic form.
Promethea was a series Moore wrote for his ABC imprint and I would argue it is the greatest series of all time.

agreed with all comments on Johns and Batman
#33 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
@Sydpart2 said:
@Silkcuts said:
@Sydpart2 said:
lol idk, just do what I do to fit in, pretend to like the new most played song on the radio...on second thought scratch that.  But on the discussion about Johns (the writer lol) I disagree with the idea that he isn't doing anything to shake up the medium. I feel that bringing back a lot of the silver age characters (which Morrison is just as guilty of) has really brought new life to the old characters and made people realize why they fell in love with the genre in the first place. I particularly love what both Johns and Morrison have been doing with the books they've been on over the last few years, they've essentially made arcs for the loyal life long fans that address every version of the character and essentially reinvent them for a new generation in a way that doesn't aggravate the old fans. Morrison has certainly done a lot more in addressing the past character interpretations than has Johns, but certainly Morrison had a much richer and more loved character to draw upon.
I guess you are not a Kyle Ranyer fan?  Johns has not handled that character well.  Hal was a murderer because his titles didn't sell.  Hal had little fan support, Alan Scott is the classic GL for Silver age fans, yet where is his love in Johns' mythos?  Barry Allan was great sure, but his death in Crisis was history that made the torch passing to wally so special.  Now Wally fans, readers of the last 25 years are shafted.  Johns is alienating a lot of fans, I got into comics in the 90s and the landscape is not the same, I feel like DC is pissing on their history, not making it richer.  The only thing richer they are trying is filling their pockets with anti-climatic events.  Blackest Night and Brightest Days were anti-climatic because quarterly budgets need to hit quotas.   Metaphysically Morrison is on another level and that is why his Batman is good.  Not about the rich history.  The GL has a rich history as well same with all of the flashes.  Johns is an entertaining writer when it comes to making pretty storyboards, but when it comes to pushing the medium, in ways Morrison, Alan Moore, Peter Milligan, Kyle Baker and Chris Ware.  "Comics" have returned to their original stage as "funny books" and are loosing the sophistication they once had.
Johns has used Scott, more so at the beginning of his run than now, but he came up in rebirth, and wanted: hal jordan (I think that's the one), popped up in final crisis, blackest knight, and brightest day. Kyle is getting a lot of attention in the GLC book, but not the main one which is fine with me, though that's not Johns, but he has given the character a lot of respect to be fair. And I think that is shown by Johns not making Kyle into a murderer just because his books stopped selling. Same with Wally. Wally was flash for years but his sales went down so they brought Barry back in an interesting way (IMO) . From what I've observed late 80's and 90's writers tried to completely forget about the characters pasts and did their own thing with them (generalization admittedly) where as Johns, Morrison, and many others have been embracing the long past and still giving love to the 90's stories. Admittedly I didn't read GL until recently but I've caught up on all of Johns stuff and loved it (same with Morrison and Batman) but I still find what those two are doing really impressive and quite complex. I like Morrison more but I like Batman more is the thing lol...though I doubt Johns could pull me onto a superman book like Morrison is with action. I'll certainly agree that Morrison is the better writer but I disagree with the idea that Johns is just pop corn. The guy can do really really really good character work he just happens to lean toward vast stories more often than character stories. That's more of a taste thing though.
Proof that he can do character work: http://www.vimeo.com/25539233
#34 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@spaceboy said:

Not a matter of whether I like him or not, he doesn't like Batman.  I don't much like him anymore, ever since GL: Rebirth he's been on a downward spiral of mediocrity. He was, at one point, one of my favourite writers.
#35 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@spaceboy said:

Not a matter of whether I like him or not, he doesn't like Batman.  I don't much like him anymore, ever since GL: Rebirth he's been on a downward spiral of mediocrity. He was, at one point, one of my favourite writers.
really? I think he does great work with Batman's style of humor, which is really difficult from bats himself imo
#36 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
Metaphysically Morrison is on another level and that is why his Batman is good.  Not about the rich history.  The GL has a rich history as well same with all of the flashes.  Johns is an entertaining writer when it comes to making pretty storyboards, but when it comes to pushing the medium, in ways Morrison, Alan Moore, Peter Milligan, Kyle Baker and Chris Ware.  "Comics" have returned to their original stage as "funny books" and are loosing the sophistication they once had.

Man, I feel at home in this goddamn forum, never did I hear so many times in my life just how wrong are the things that Didiot and Geoffcon are doing, HAIL COMIC VINE !!!

Or is it Comicvine ? ComicVine perhaps ?
#37 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: I personally spell it with a small v
#38 Posted by Icarusflies (12467 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, I forgot about Batman:Earth 1…it probably was cancelled. Too bad, it looked good.

#39 Posted by HoneyKr (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I see there's an article on Batman's Earth One in wikipedia . It says it is set to release on 2012

#40 Posted by entropy_aegis (14458 posts) - - Show Bio

May 2012

#41 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's not canceled. I really liked Superman's Earth One story and I'd like this universe to stay. 

#42 Posted by The_Tree (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the cover to it that's found on Amazon. It says May 8, 2012.

#43 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Hooray :) 

But I didn't know Johns was writing it :(

#44 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:
This is the cover to it that's found on Amazon. It says May 8, 2012.
May 8 huh ?

Had to come at some point !
#45 Posted by truedccfan24 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

It is set to become published July 2012. You can preview it on Amazon. I think you can also pre-order it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.