Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23637 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Comic-Burton-verse

William15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By William15
    No Caption Provided

Would it not be a great idea, to have a Batman (Comic) Universe based on the First 2 Burton Batman Movies?

I know Joker died in Batman ’89, but this could be used to an advantage. Ra’s Al Ghul intercepts the body of the Joker after the events of the first movie and puts it into a Lazerus Pit. Joker gets revived even crazier then before. So now only the Penguin is dead in this comic-verse, but even he could be revived at one point. Maybe some of his goons put him in ice, so he too, could be resurrected by a pit.

This should be co-created with Tim Burton. It should be drawn beautifully and be set apart from other graphic novels. Like an event or something. ‘Batman Forever’ and ‘Batman & Robin’ should be discarded. If Two-Face is eventually going to show up, it should be based on the Billy Dee Williams. So we are getting the Black Two-Face people were always wondering about.

People love the Burton Movies and expanding on them would be great. I would personally love seeing the Catwoman from Batman Returns again. She was purr-fect. I love the recent Catwoman in the current comics, but Michelle Pfeiffer was GREAT!

I mean getting to see the Riddler the way Burton thought of him (With the look of Robin Williams), I think we could be in for a treat. And seeing Gotham and the vehicles in the same vein as the Burton Movie-verse would be fantastic.

This would be an interesting new spin on Batman and could be greatly expanded on.

Prepare yourself for the Burton Batman – Comic Verse!

____

This is an idea I thought of around 2010, but with the recent release of the '66 comics universe, I think this could be eventually done.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

That would be sick!

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

This would be amazing and is still alot you can do with the Burton-verse like the Riddler. Oh and you could bring in Superman and he looks like Nicolas Cage.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Would it not be a great idea, to have a Batman (Comic) Universe based on the First 2 Burton Batman Movies?

I know Joker died in Batman ’89, but this could be used to an advantage. Ra’s Al Ghul intercepts the body of the Joker after the events of the first movie and puts it into a Lazerus Pit. Joker gets revived even crazier then before. So now only the Penguin is dead in this comic-verse, but even he could be revived at one point.

If you're going to make a verse you should stick with the major differences to set it apart. Not only should the Villains remain dead, but Batman villains should often die at the end of their arcs (some could survive for an arc or two, or be permanently rehabilitated).

Or I guess you could have Batman looking back at those movie deaths and regretting his past decisions (he seemed like he was already starting to think about this at the end of Returns anyway), you could use that to move him slightly more in-line with the comic.

Obviously, crazy Pfiefer-Catwoman would return, Batman would be trying to support her and get her psychiatric help lol

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see this. The visuals are the best part of those 2 movies and I'd love to see them make a comeback in comic form.

And to see Keaton-Batman vs Burtonized Batman villains would be awesome.

William15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

William15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I own this comic. I just love flipping through it every once and a while :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.