Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

batman catwoman vs batman talia.

• 62 results
    RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@dctv3363 said:

@rustyroy: His parents died, Robin died, his son died. If they just kill off Alfred his misery will be complete.

Dude don't give DC any ideas, they're everywhere.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@rustyroy said:

@nathaniel_christopher said:

After Batman Inc, Catwoman.

I love Morrison, but I didn't like what he did to Talia and also the fact that he killed off Damian.

On one hand I respect the fact that he went forward with the story he wanted to tell, on the other hand why can't Batman just have a living son, and be at least a little happy?

As Damian's creator I think he has more right than anyone else to kill him off, but I still have to agree. It's similar to the trend of Bruce not being able to have a girlfriend without something terrible happening to her to ruin his life once again. What exactly was the issue with Damian being allowed to live? In terms of Talia...SMH i'll never be able to like the character again after this. I respect Morrison for doing things the way he wanted, but I just didn't like it. Terrible.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: Yeah I hate Talia now.

@rustyroy said:

@dctv3363 said:

@rustyroy: His parents died, Robin died, his son died. If they just kill off Alfred his misery will be complete.

Dude don't give DC any ideas, they're everywhere.

Oh god, I'm sorry. Didio no swiping, Didio no swiping, Didio no swiping! OK, I think we're good.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

They killed Alfred but his love for Dick and Bruce bring him back from the grave.

Alfred kicked death ass!!!

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

They killed Alfred but his love for Dick and Bruce bring him back from the grave.

Nah. Alfred made tea for Death. Tea that was so good, it made Death bow at his feet. Long-live Alfred Pennyworth!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rogueshadow  Moderator

The Bat and the Cat.

Talia has proven time and time again where her loyalties really lie ... with her power-mad genocidal father. Besides, I just don't like the character of Talia. She's always seemed .. subservient to me. I mean, she's fine bossing around goons, but when good ol' Ra's or even Batman enter into the picture, she fades into the background. She's completely overshadowed by her father and by her ex-lover. Her character doesn't seem to matter on its own ... it's never "Talia al Ghul" but "Ra's daughter" or "Batman's lover". She's completely defined by her relationship to other characters. Plus, I just can't stand the way she always calls Batman "Beloved". And she just says it so much, like the end of every sentence has to be, "... beloved". Now I know Talia has probably had her share of good stories, and I'm sure she could be a strong, interesting character. But personally? I don't like her. I even tend to avoid any storyline that features her as an important character. I still can't decide which is worse ... Talia or that little monster Damian?

Now, Catwoman on the other hand ... there's no denying she's a criminal, but somehow that doesn't seem to matter. She's fiercely independent and she has style that Talia just doesn't have. She's sarcastic (which I always love). Heck, she's even has her own independent series (multiple, in fact). Can you really imagine an ongoing title featuring Talia? Not really. Catwoman goes beyond her relationship to Batman. She works as a character on her own, which is great. She's not defined by others.

So, yeah. Go Catwoman!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Catwoman all the way.

There's a reason Bruce willingly sexs her up while Talia has to drug Brucey to get banged.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Damian's creator I think he has more right than anyone else to kill him off, but I still have to agree. It's similar to the trend of Bruce not being able to have a girlfriend without something terrible happening to her to ruin his life once again. What exactly was the issue with Damian being allowed to live? In terms of Talia...SMH i'll never be able to like the character again after this. I respect Morrison for doing things the way he wanted, but I just didn't like it. Terrible.

I hope they the retcon the psycho Talia, worse things have been retconned before.

@dctv3363 said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@dctv3363 said:

Nah. Alfred made tea for Death. Tea that was so good, it made Death bow at his feet. Long-live Alfred Pennyworth!

Badass

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Personally I prefer catwoman/batman mainly because they've been on & off for roughly 70 years

Agreed, unless batman did an injustice gods among us on every one, he is not meant to be with talia, or unless she switched sides.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By LyraFay

Batman and Catwoman, I never liked Bruce and Talia, it always seems like Talia was using Bruce and Damien in her own power struggle with her father. Bruce and Selina on the other hand are equals but different, they are both using their alter egos as a way to escape from their everyday life but they are doing on different sides, he is the crime-fighter and she's the criminal. But they both see hope in each other, which is always common in their relationship in the comics, animation and even in movies such as in The Dark Knight Rises, he constantly didn't see her just as a criminal thief, there was hope there.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: the only part i disagree with you is that Bruce dosnt use his alter ego to escape form his everyday life.

Firstly becuase iam firmly in the camp that batman is the true identity (some could make the same agrument for selina) so his everyday life is just thier to support his real life as batman

Secondly becuase saying he does it to escape his everyday life kind of implies that Bruce fights crime becuase hes bored or something instead of fighting crime so no one has to go thought what he did

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Bruce and Selina,not Batman and Catwoman.......

I'd love to see their relationship off costume....(heh!)

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat and Cat, Bruce and Selina. It's technically already happened a million times in an assortment of Earths, it would be nice if they could stop dilly dallying in the regular timestream, it's not as if they last anyway given DC love their reboots, they ought to have given pre-52 Bruce his happy ending before "restructuring" everything

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.