Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Can't Handle Marvel Characters...

• 97 results
    EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EmperorJosh

I would like to think that Batman is virtually unstoppable, but when I think of the heros and villains that Marvel has, I have a hard time finding some of the heavy hitters that he can defeat. I don't think that he could defeat the all powerful sorcerers Dr. Strange or Doctor Doom. Could he even Catch Spider- Man? How would he handle the Omniscience Tony Stark? And in NO WAY could he handle a villain like Galactus. Main Point: In DC, I think that the criminals(while many of them Supernatural) are not as Big and Bad as Marvel villains or the heros who fight them. The baddies that Batman fights are mentally unstable for the most part. I agree that Batman can handle nearly anyone in the DCU, but he cannot match up to the Marvel Heros and Villains. What do you think?

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By batshrine

@EmperorJosh: This is odd not because I disagree with you (which I do) but it seems that you are putting Marvel on a pedestal What Makes Dr. Strange better than Dr. Fate or the Spectre? How bout Doctor Doom and Lex Luthor? And why worry about catching Spider-Man when the Flash is faster, I think? And don't even insult Batman or any DC character by calling Tony Stark omniscient. I mean DC has plenty of its geniuses, and out of all the characters you mentioned Tony Stark is the one that Batman could most definitely beat, prep or no prep.

And lets look at some rogues and see who is bigger or badder, ya?

Darkseid vs Thanos (who is a copy of Darkseid)

The Man-Bat vs The Lizard

Clayface vs Sandman

Ares vs Loki

And I can keep going, but I am getting bored lol. My point being DC characters are just as inspired as Marvel characters, and in fact DC is notorious for actually having overpowered supers compared to Marvel...so why do you think that Batman can beat DC characters but not Marvel ones...

Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mediumguy

@batshrine said:

@EmperorJosh: This is odd not because I disagree with you (which I do) but it seems that you are putting Marvel on a pedestal What Makes Dr. Strange better than Dr. Fate or the Spectre? How bout Doctor Doom and Lex Luthor? And why worry about catching Spider-Man when the Flash is faster, I think? And don't even insult Batman or any DC character by calling Tony Stark omniscient. I mean DC has plenty of its geniuses, and out of all the characters you mentioned Tony Stark is the one that Batman could most definitely beat, prep or no prep.

Clayface vs Sandman

Ares vs Loki

And I can keep going, but I am getting bored lol. My point being DC characters are just as inspired as Marvel characters, and in fact DC is notorious for actually having overpowered supers compared to Marvel...so why do you think that Batman can beat DC characters but not Marvel ones...

Hey! Stop using logic!

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TimeLordScience

@batshrine said:

Clayface vs Sandman

Ares vs Loki

this

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By havoc1201

@TimeLordScience said:

@batshrine said:

Clayface vs Sandman

Ares vs Loki

this

This and also if tower of Babel thought us anything is batman has plans and back up plans for anyone he comes in contact with, and there are Marvel characters that I love but Batman could Take damn near all of them especally Tony Stark.

EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EmperorJosh

@batshrine:

first off, i'd like to say that I agree with you on some points but not all of them. I feel like Dr. Strange is better than Dr. Fate, or if he isn't they are on the same level. But Batman while much quicker and stronger than Fate, would not even defeat him. All of the Sorcerers mentioned, that being Fate, Strange, and the Spectre, are crazily powerful to the point where the men or beings can walk through dimensions at will, create portals, time travel, create objects out of thin air and hurl them at you. I doubt that Batman can handle that. Doom can do all that and more. And while i know that Luthor is indeed a Genius, he is not too much smarter than Doom if he is at all and on top of that Doom has powers. I mean the Man found out how to time travel! Went back in time and conquered Latveria. Now thats power. Next, Im not worried about the Flash. I know that he can catch spider- man. I'm concerned about Batman. Batman peaks olympic level physique, but will fail to catch spider- man. He's just too quick. Straight up Tony Stark is Smarter, thats that. Batman cant handle Darkseid alone and he can't handle Thanos alone neither. Same goes for both Ares and Loki. And what happens when he has to fight against someone like Colossus? Or Even Thor? What now? I love DC but I just think that Marvel's characters are a slight bite better than the DCU's thats all....

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jack Donaghy

And the point of this thread is...?

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batshrine

@EmperorJosh: But what you are saying is that you think Batman could beat DC characters more, and I am saying the odds are still the same doesn't matter if they are DC or Marvel. Sure you might like Marvel characters more and I will argue with you on how well Batman does against characters, but I am not going to say Batman can beat Fate and not Strange or that Batman can beat Luthor and not Doom cause comparatively they are the same.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Stormbox

So batman cant beat this

But apparently he can beat this

EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EmperorJosh

@batshrine: I agree with you for the most part. :)

adamrolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By adamrolls

First Batman  can everybody with prep....By everybody I mean everybody!!! he has beaten :

• Darkseid (albeit cost him being sent back in time)
    • He has beaten Superman
    • He beat the hulk ( I call bulls***t on this...but it happened)

Like I've said before when it comes to master planning only DOOM matches  batman from Marvel

Doom (a mortal man) actually went up against Marvel's god....and WON!!!!!

Now that being said batman is very beatable..he is a man.. of course he would be hamburger meat if went up against heavy hitters like Thor, Superman, and  the Thing he would be hamburger meat.
    Hell I could see him losing to street level marvel characters like daredevil and punisher if he is having a bad day..
    But If Batman has planned for the fight...ooooh boy just like Dr. Doom things could get cosmic!!!
    EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EmperorJosh

@adamrolls: as you've stated before though, Batman has beaten Superman before. Twice on two different occasions by my count. No doubt, Batman could defeat anyone if given enough time and preparation. What I am saying is that I doubt that if out of nowhere someone like Iron Man sprung on Batman that he could handle it. And I refuse to acknowledge that Hulk page that you have. There is no way thats true...

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batshrine

@EmperorJosh: Dude there are some canon images of Batman kicking Darkseid...And I know that totally overpowers Batman but I think its hilarious how you think Iron Man out of all the characters is the one Batman can't beat without prep when imo he is the only one of those characters that Batman could easily beat without prep. There isn't a single thing Iron Man can do that Batman can't in a fight. And Batman is a trained fighter, Iron Man is a spoiled brat who made himself a fancy toy, one that Batman could undo. I mean to be honest I think Spiderman is a MUCH tougher fight for Batman.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By mk111

Batman beating Darkseid was the biggest pile of so-and-so that I ever read.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By Pokeysteve

Lol Batman has never beaten Superman hahahahaha

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By mk111

@Pokeysteve: But he tries, and its the thought that counts.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pokeysteve

@mk111: Lol that's true

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By SUNMAN
    Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jorgevy

Batman needs prep. that's all

cosmicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By cosmicx

I think Batman can hold his own against any one

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batshrine

@SUNMAN: Dude I love how they gave you the option on who wins!

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deaditegonzo

@Pokeysteve said:

I know right?! And when has he single-handedly beat Darkseid?

Gosh, people overestimate Batman worse than ANY other character. In either universe, he should be incapable of beating anybody above the Meta-Level. Its one of the things I like about the New52 JLA, Batman is frequently in the background, being tactical rather than contributing to the battle.

Batman's greatest ability is PIS, and if that ability is fully turned on, then nobody from any universe can beat him, because the writers basically make him win.

Anyway, like I said, he's never beaten Superman, ever.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By SUNMAN

@batshrine: yeah I thought it was a really awesome fan production, and it was great how they did both possibilities

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pokeysteve

@deaditegonzo: Totally agree!! I can get on board if there is a legit weakness or something to be exploited. Kryptonite isn't enough for Superman as we've all seen. Comicvine should add PIS to it's power list hahahaha

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CalebHara

@deaditegonzo said:

@Pokeysteve said:

I know right?! And when has he single-handedly beat Darkseid?

Gosh, people overestimate Batman worse than ANY other character. In either universe, he should be incapable of beating anybody above the Meta-Level. Its one of the things I like about the New52 JLA, Batman is frequently in the background, being tactical rather than contributing to the battle.

Batman's greatest ability is PIS, and if that ability is fully turned on, then nobody from any universe can beat him, because the writers basically make him win.

Anyway, like I said, he's never beaten Superman, ever.

Im going to try not to sound like a fanboy as i retaliate this. I see what you're saying, but from what you said, and how you said it, you are going to sound like a Batman hater and not someone trying to make an actual argument.

Batman has held his own against Superman several times, which is an amazing feat in itself, as he is one of the most powerful Kryptonians, and perhaps the most powerful earth bound hero in DC. He has beaten him once, i am certain of this, and i can show you the scans if you wish to see them.

Your'e right, Batman never single-handledly beat Darkseid, he delivered the killing blow, so yeah, people who say that are normally fanboys of the Dark Knight.

Batman is a member of the justice league and he deals with several meta-level opponents, actually defeats most of them. He does this because of how smart he is, combined with peak-human stats, martial ability and insane technology. He is a high end street level character that knows, and figures out how to deal with opponents that are more powerful than he is. I can give you a ton of scans showing him beating these meta's and holding his own against some insanely powerful enemies.

Batman is not a PIS character. There are actually a very small amount of his feats that are PIS. And these are stupid ones like, being able to kick the Spectre, and making Superman bleed using physical force, and no Kryptonite. The fact is, most writers don't hype up Batman to the point that he is a PIS machine, in fact most of them keep him at a realistic level, and he can most definitely be beaten. The problem is the people that see him doing things like taking on meta's or superhumans and looking at that with the mindset where they believe that "he is unbeatable and no one can beat him." And thats where you get his fanboy's. People that beleive that Batman is just an unstoppable power house instead of looking at him as being very smart, and an extremely talented, well oiled machine that is able to do the things he does using his talents, intellect and training.

I think i see where your coming from, and i agree i hate it when people say that Batman can beats characters like Silver Surfer or Juggernaut with one days prep, but its not actually the people who write him, its the fanboys and the people that over hype him.

Thanks for listening, Caleb

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pokeysteve

@CalebHara: I don't need scans just yet but what instance are you talking about where Batman beat Superman? Odds are there is an argument against it. And I don't know about deadit but to be fair, yes, I do actually hate Batman. I give him credit where it's due. He's probably one of THE best tacticians in comics and his deduction abilities are only rivaled by Holmes. I don't care for his character though.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deaditegonzo

@CalebHara: Id go through the Battles between Supes and Batman myself, but somebody already did it for me. Batman has never beaten Supes in canon or out of it http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/citizenbane/superman-vs-batman/87-79268/

I appreciate where you are coming from, but there is no reason Batman should be able to hang with a lot of the Villains the JLA deals with. If you think he should be able to, thats fine, thats all opinion, but imo, if theyre going to be having Batman doing the kind of things he does, then he should at least have a "Super Soldier Serum" like Cap. Otherwise, it just diminishes the threat of the villains, because pretty much any sufficiently strong and fast villain should be an instant death for him. Like I said, i like how the JLA has been treating him so far, having him stay back, having Green Lantern give him a hard time for just being a dude, not showing him KOing any of the more powerful threats theyve faced.

And when did he get the killing blow on Darkseid? Are you referring to Final Crisis? Because that took: Death (The Black Racer) + the Radeon Gun + Superman's Cosmic Song.

Once again, it is cool if you like a certain portrayal of Batman, but I hate to see him put on par with Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Green Lantern, Flash, Martian Manhunter, ETC, to me, it undermine's all the characters involved, including Batman himself who is supposed to be an amazing human, not a super human.

@Pokeysteve said:

@CalebHara: I don't need scans just yet but what instance are you talking about where Batman beat Superman? Odds are there is an argument against it. And I don't know about deadit but to be fair, yes, I do actually hate Batman. I give him credit where it's due. He's probably one of THE best tacticians in comics and his deduction abilities are only rivaled by Holmes. I don't care for his character though.

I absolutely hate "Batgod", but I like Batman in his own stories, where he doesnt need to be scaled to keep up with anyone else. This can even be a problem when he is around Nightwing and the Robins, so imo the best stories are the Batman on his own Nolan-esque ones. Im really liking Death of the Family, although everytime the family cameos in the Batman title, I cringe a bit because they over hype him so much. And, since the Batfans arent complaining, and I myself am happy, I think Geoff Johns has it down so far as writing Batman in a team setting. My two cents.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CalebHara

@Pokeysteve: They fight when Superman gets transported to the nanoverse and is overloaded with energy. He beats him using raw tactics, and no hep from the inhabitants of the nano verse (they were too scared to try to confront Superman). Batman beats him, and then the people of the nanoverse cleanse his mind and return him to sanity.

and thanks for giving him credit where credit is due, i can see why Batman is hateable, he does have alot of fanboys that over hype him.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokeysteve

@CalebHara: Ooo that's a new one. I haven't read that. NOW we can do the scans whenever you get a chance please.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CalebHara

@Pokeysteve: lmfao, thought you might need them. Keep in mind that through out the fight, the people inhabiting that dimension cant actually hurt Superman, and the only way that they "help" Batman, is by guiding him through the jungle of their land. I guess you could argue that this Superman is a brute, and while alot more powerful than normal, is also stupid, and fell right into the trap that Bruce set. but he beat Superman using a tactical plan that he devised in his short time in the nanoverse, as he uses nanobots the eat away the power that was driving Superman insane.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pokeysteve

@CalebHara said:

@Pokeysteve: lmfao, thought you might need them. Keep in mind that through out the fight, the people inhabiting that dimension cant actually hurt Superman, and the only way that they "help" Batman, is by guiding him through the jungle of their land. I guess you could argue that this Superman is a brute, and while alot more powerful than normal, is also stupid, and fell right into the trap that Bruce set. but he beat Superman using a tactical plan that he devised in his short time in the nanoverse, as he uses nanobots the eat away the power that was driving Superman insane.

Thank you hahaha that looks like a newer story too. Superman/Batman probably? I'm not up to date with that. Reading the scans though, it was Batman's plan sure but he didn't really do anything. And why can't Superman even fly? They talk about his excess power and yet Batman was still able to escape him? It seems a little fishy. I'm not calling it a win.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CalebHara

@Pokeysteve: fair enough, it was something about, Superman's mind being corrupt so he resorted to using brute strength, and not his speed. His mind really wasn't functioning properly, lol. The inability to fly was something about the nature of gravity in the nanoverse, you can see batman has a flying suit on and he can't fly either. ill try to dig it up later but im tired as hell right now.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deaditegonzo

@CalebHara said:

What issue is this? I see it is back in the red briefs days.

But anyway, thats not really a good example at all, as the Superman monster there has nothing in common with Superman. For one thing, Supes can fly, so normally, "drop him off a cliff" isnt even an option. This Supes also seems to be human speed, but if they were to fight, its unlikely Supes would use his speed advantage much anyway.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pokeysteve

@CalebHara said:

@Pokeysteve: fair enough, it was something about, Superman's mind being corrupt so he resorted to using brute strength, and not his speed. His mind really wasn't functioning properly, lol. The inability to fly was something about the nature of gravity in the nanoverse, you can see batman has a flying suit on and he can't fly either. ill try to dig it up later but im tired as hell right now.

Batman has gotten the better of him a few times but there are always circumstances like that. Go to bed =D

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlackWind

Yet another Batgod thread.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Onemoreposter

@EmperorJosh said:

@batshrine:

first off, i'd like to say that I agree with you on some points but not all of them. I feel like Dr. Strange is better than Dr. Fate, or if he isn't they are on the same level. But Batman while much quicker and stronger than Fate, would not even defeat him. All of the Sorcerers mentioned, that being Fate, Strange, and the Spectre, are crazily powerful to the point where the men or beings can walk through dimensions at will, create portals, time travel, create objects out of thin air and hurl them at you. I doubt that Batman can handle that. Doom can do all that and more. And while i know that Luthor is indeed a Genius, he is not too much smarter than Doom if he is at all and on top of that Doom has powers. I mean the Man found out how to time travel! Went back in time and conquered Latveria. Now thats power. Next, Im not worried about the Flash. I know that he can catch spider- man. I'm concerned about Batman. Batman peaks olympic level physique, but will fail to catch spider- man. He's just too quick. Straight up Tony Stark is Smarter, thats that. Batman cant handle Darkseid alone and he can't handle Thanos alone neither. Same goes for both Ares and Loki. And what happens when he has to fight against someone like Colossus? Or Even Thor? What now? I love DC but I just think that Marvel's characters are a slight bite better than the DCU's thats all....

Actually (and this is sort of a weird thing to nit pick at in this thread) Doc Fate traditionally and especially in his early days has been shown to have strength and speed on par with Superman.

Classic Strange vs Classic Fate? Fate could probably stand toe to toe with him in a mystic battle, but he could also speed blitz his fist through Strange's face. Fate outclasses Strange IMO.

@batshrine said:

Clayface vs Sandman

Ares vs Loki

While I agree with your sentiment I don't agree with your pair ups. Thanos (who's really more of a copy of Metron beefed up than of Thanos) would most likely take DS. The Lizard would DEFINITELY take Man-Bat. For Clayface vs Sandman it depends on which of the Clayface's you use but generally Flint seems to be able to generate more overall power than the Clayfaces. Preston or Cassius might be able to burn Sandman into glass, but I doubt it. Nine times out of ten, Sandman is going to beat Clayface. As for Ares and Loki, Loki has higher and better feats. Maybe in straight combat Ares would win but with any sort of prep, Loki will be the victor.

Good sentiment, bad examples.

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By telepathic666

that's like saying storm can beat anyone by using star power. plz batman is not all powerful calm that mess down

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Onemoreposter

@batshrine: For aesthetic reference.

Look at those eyebrows. They HAVE to be related.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By batshrine

@Onemoreposter: Yeah but power set, and motivation, not to mention looks is totally like Darkseid isn't it?!?! One wants the infinity gauntlet while the other wants the anti life equation. But to be honest I havent read any Thanos stories so you'd know better. I just know that the person who created Thanos said he based it off Darkseid.

sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sammystorm75

Batman has done many things people don't think a normal human can do but it took him days weeks or months of prep so he can beat any one in marvel if he had enough prep if he fights some one like spider man randomly he has a chance of lossing to heros and villans that he never met or heard of them so he needs prep to win.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CalebHara

@deaditegonzo: The gravitational fields in the nanoverse disabled the flight abilities of Superman. Im not sure as to why the people inhabiting the nanoverse can fly, but i figure it would have something to do with the fact that they have lived their long enough to adapt and evolve themselves/ their technologies to grant themselves flight. If you notice the suit Batman is wearing, and if you have read episodes featuring that suit, you know that the suit can sustain flight in the real world. In the nanoverse, he can't fly either. Like i said, gravitational field.

I know its not really straight up fight, that wed all like to see, where they would duke it out toe to toe, but like you said, Batman cant do that, he will never be able to. This is the way that he bets meta's, and this is the way he is able to beat Superman. Using strategics and tactical planning. You of all people should know Batman cant beat Superman in a straight up fight, you said it yourself, they arent on the same level.

That's also why Lex Luthor always loses to supes, hell try to combat his force straight up, using some sort of battle suit, and he gets his ass kicked. Same thing would happen to bruce if he tried something like that.

EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By EmperorJosh

@batshrine: Addressing something you stated earlier: Honestly Both Batman and Iron Man are extremely smart. Thats why I keep comparing them. Truthfully, if Batman wanted to, I think he could create his own Iron Man- Bat-suit and then destroy Stark. But the fact that iron man can fly at super sonic speeds and is virtually indestructible makes me side with him. And adventures are made believable by their writers. If a writer makes a lame story than that discredits him. Point is Batman could not defeat Darkseid alone...

@Onemoreposter: My point in comparing both Strange and Fate was that I consider Doom to be a Mage on at least an equal level, if not higher. Dooms intelligence is amazingly high, and so is his ambition, much like Batmans is. The difference between the two is that Doom has super powers. Bruce cannot match his sorcery at least at a first, or even a second encounter.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Onemoreposter

@batshrine said:

@Onemoreposter: Yeah but power set, and motivation, not to mention looks is totally like Darkseid isn't it?!?! One wants the infinity gauntlet while the other wants the anti life equation. But to be honest I havent read any Thanos stories so you'd know better. I just know that the person who created Thanos said he based it off Darkseid.

Actually their powersets are fairly different, as different as anybody who has energy manip as their main power can be.

As for the which New God influence Thanos more, here's a quote from Starlin:

"Kirby had done the New Godswhich I thought was terrific. He was over at DC at the time. I came up with some things that were inspired by that. You'd think that Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, but that was not the case when I showed up. In my first Thanos drawings, if he looked like anybody, it was Metron. I had all these different gods and things I wanted to do, which became Thanos and the Titans. Roy took one look at the guy in the Metron-like chair and said : "Beef him up! If you're going to steal one of the New Gods, at least rip off Darkseid, the really good one!"

Now I won't argue he doesn't look anything like Darkseid, because that's not true, especially as time has gone on, but I think there is definitely a stylistic similarity between him and Metron. Here's Thanos in his first appearance

He much thinner and he has the hood which comes down to his ridiculously big eyebrows like Metron (that is still part of the character). Also, Thanos is a scientist and technological genius (much like Metron) and he rides the cosmic currents on his super tech throne, also like Metron.

All in all, I see him more as an evil Metron than as Darkseid.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deaditegonzo

@CalebHara said:

@deaditegonzo: The gravitational fields in the nanoverse disabled the flight abilities of Superman. Im not sure as to why the people inhabiting the nanoverse can fly, but i figure it would have something to do with the fact that they have lived their long enough to adapt and evolve themselves/ their technologies to grant themselves flight. If you notice the suit Batman is wearing, and if you have read episodes featuring that suit, you know that the suit can sustain flight in the real world. In the nanoverse, he can't fly either. Like i said, gravitational field.

I know its not really straight up fight, that wed all like to see, where they would duke it out toe to toe, but like you said, Batman cant do that, he will never be able to. This is the way that he bets meta's, and this is the way he is able to beat Superman. Using strategics and tactical planning. You of all people should know Batman cant beat Superman in a straight up fight, you said it yourself, they arent on the same level.

That's also why Lex Luthor always loses to supes, hell try to combat his force straight up, using some sort of battle suit, and he gets his ass kicked. Same thing would happen to bruce if he tried something like that.

No, I think any rational person knows Bruce isnt even close to straight up, thats not my point. My point is, that that example isnt even Batman beating Superman with prep or tactics, as that character is nothing like Supes in general, like I said, throw him off a cliff wouldnt work anywhere else, since its one of Superman's abilities to fly.

If I said, Superman without: Flight, Super strength, Super speed, heat vision, ice breath, or durability, sure Batman could win, but it doesnt prove anything against a full powered Supes vs Batman. Thats what im getting at. Normally Superman can fly, and he definitely wouldnt be the brainless tank he was here.

"Kirby had done the New Godswhich I thought was terrific. He was over at DC at the time. I came up with some things that were inspired by that. You'd think that Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, but that was not the case when I showed up. In my first Thanos drawings, if he looked like anybody, it was Metron. I had all these different gods and things I wanted to do, which became Thanos and the Titans. Roy took one look at the guy in the Metron-like chair and said : "Beef him up! If you're going to steal one of the New Gods, at least rip off Darkseid, the really good one!"

This is the quote I was thinking of on the Thanos debate, I think it is pretty obvious who Thanos is ripping off based on this quote.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By batshrine

@deaditegonzo: You know the first issue of the Batman/Superman: Sorcerer Kings is a great issue. Its a really funny and well done fan fight of Batman and Superman. Check it out, I think the author did an EXCELLENT job resolving the conflict on who would win.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deaditegonzo

@batshrine said:

@deaditegonzo: You know the first issue of the Batman/Superman: Sorcerer Kings is a great issue. Its a really funny and well done fan fight of Batman and Superman. Check it out, I think the author did an EXCELLENT job resolving the conflict on who would win.

Magic Batman, who even one shot the Phantom Stranger? This http://seekersofthebat.com/wp-content/uploads/1210990-biggrecheese_batman_vs_superman_super.gif is the best example of what would happen if they were to fight,

Even Magic Batman was PIS, however, as magic is almost never shown to completely overwhelm Superman like that.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By batshrine

@deaditegonzo: No no! Its issue #78 of Superman/Batman. Its two kids arguing on who would win Batman or Superman, and it was really entertaining!

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deaditegonzo

@batshrine said:

@deaditegonzo: No no! Its issue #78 of Superman/Batman. Its two kids arguing on who would win Batman or Superman, and it was really entertaining!

Oh haha I thought you meant Superman Batman 81, part 1 of Sorcerer Kings, where Magic Batman one shots Phantom Stranger, takes out Blue Devil, and tags Supes with a magic mummy wrapping thing.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By batshrine

@deaditegonzo: Yeah I wasn't talking about that. Still a win for Batman is a win! hahahaha but yea check out issue 78. It was cute and should make you smile at least. ITs really similar to forum arguments (minus all the trolling and anger)

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By reignmaker

OP just troll'n the Batman forum with the same tired arguments. The funny thing is though, the very first response by batshrine was so good and so on-point that the rest of this thread has been rendered moot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.