Batman Beyond>>>Batman TAS

#1 Posted by nickzambuto (12889 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by FearTheLiving (2500 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree.

#3 Posted by Wolfrazer (6031 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I like em both really. Though Beyond I wanna say takes a slight lead, if only because its a different Batman who is new and has different issues and everything and its not the same old same old Bruce that everyone has seen for like 60+ years. Terry does get the short end of the stick though, which is kinda a shame cause he could make a great future Batman seeing as he was molded in from the start to become Batman, so it fits nicely.

#4 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by MasterDetective (799 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't agree at all.

#6 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

get out!

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

They're the same show with different time periods. Hard to say one's better than the other.

#8 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League was the best until it turned JLU.

#9 Posted by sohanlon07 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I have recently just started watching the animated series and have bought Beyond as well so look forward to it. TAS is fantastic though. I was thinking of getting The Batman as well, the one from the "noughties" but I have heard that it isn't great.

#10 Posted by SupBatz (1690 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like both. But I very much prefer Batman:TAS. It may start out a bit lacking but as it goes on it just keeps getting better and better.

TAS has a bit of an unfair advantage over Beyond being that so many iconic characters are readily available for use whereas Beyond ends up making up a lot of their characters and stories.

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17261 posts) - - Show Bio

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#12 Edited by xxYoungFatexx (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Beyond too. Terry Mcginnis stole the show, in my opinion. I loved his interaction with Bruce, the suit, and his struggle with everyday life. The one thing I think TAS lacked was showing Bruce's human side and struggle. If I remember correctly, we only saw Bruce at his parents' grave, on dates, etc. I disliked the ending of Beyond, though. Having Terry's dad's DNA be rewritten was completely bizarre. In addition, I liked Terry before he became so buff. The agile, fast look of the bat-suit is awesome. However, when Bruce or Terry look like beefcakes inside, the traditional comic book figure silliness is evident. I loved it in JL, but I did not like it much in any of the Batman series.

#13 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Twentyfive (2836 posts) - - Show Bio

You are just like my little bro. I prefer the older one, he prefers Beyond.

Different strokes...

#15 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

It was lighter and less heavy, but i have to be honest, TAS has to be the best animated Superheroe cartoon ever, i mean it was dark and deep.

But both show are better that the Justice Legue ones, those ones are bastly overrated.

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh...

#17 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by sinestro_GL (3050 posts) - - Show Bio

You be trolling

#19 Posted by War Killer (19962 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

They're the same show with different time periods. Hard to say one's better than the other.

Exactly, you really can't have Batman Beyond without Batman: TAS. They're both in the same universe and follow the same continuity, so really Batman Beyond could easily be seen as another season of Batman: TAS with just a huge time jump.

#20 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyond was the darkest. The way they ended the episodes, they finished on a depressing note. Unlike JL and sometimes TAD.

#21 Posted by nickzambuto (12889 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID!

#22 Posted by MasterDetective (799 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.