Batman Beyond New 52 Reboot Discuss

#1 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think Batman Beyond should be rebooted in the new 52?

If they do reboot him,I hope he looks like this!

#2 Posted by thejman250 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

- No, Batman Beyond was never Canon.

#3 Posted by consolemaster001 (5124 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

That is Batman Beyond...there is already a beyond series

#4 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond was never canon to the current universe, it always took place in the future. There's no need for a reboot, he is and should continue to be, entirely removed from DCnU.

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (14648 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not cannon,why should it be rebooted?

#7 Posted by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard Kyle Higgins will start writing for Batman beyond, also the picture you posted isn't cool imo. I has to many lines, also I think DC is trying to make Batman Beyond canon, especial with the news that Batwing is being replaced with Luke Fox, and his suit looks similar to Terry's future costume.

#8 Edited by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a Batman Beyond book that is set-up like the Smallville: Season 11 book. Not in the main continuity, but has a print version every month. I know Kyle Higgins is going to be doing the digital comic, but I like my print copies.

#9 Edited by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a Batman Beyond book that is set-up like the Smallville: Season 11 book. Not in the main continuity, but has a print version every month. I know Kyle Higgins is going to be doing the digital comic, but I like my print copies.

Well, I feel dumb. Apparently they publish the Batman Beyond, Justice League Beyond, and Superman Beyond digitals into one big print issue every month. Pull-list'd.

#10 Edited by GustavoBurciaga1 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Well seeing how they mentioned Bruce Wayne wanting to create larger building for Gotham so it may prosper and a hologram of how the city will look like afterwards and not to mention the new bat suit Lucius Fox threw away in Batman issue #20 which strikes quite the resemblance to the Beyond suit I will have to say that it's a great possibility that a Beyond series will be incorporated into the New 52 comics perhaps falling under Justice League or Batman story lines.

#11 Posted by AdmiralPetty (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman250:

Technically Batman Beyond was part of the Pre New 52 continuity. In Batman 700 Damian Wayne rescues a child Terry McGinnis and eventually trains him as Batman in the Beyond suit. This is a possible future, but it would indicate that Terry McGinnis does indeed exist in Batman's future, regardless of whether or not Damian is still alive at that point in the future. As for the New 52, nothing concrete, other than a great nod in Snyder's Batman #20.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.