Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Battle of the Month: Deadshot vs. Gambit

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Batman's gone through some pretty brutal and relentless fights in this segment. So, this month, we're giving the dude a well-deserved break. Don't worry, though, because while Batman is enjoying some R&R, one of his allies or enemies will step up to the plate and endure the same kind of challenge we put him through. This month, we're testing one of Batman's most accurate villains: Flowyd Lawton aka Deadshot.

The marksman is going up against an incredibly agile and explosive X-Man: Remy LeBeau aka Gambit. Will Floyd's barrage of bullets and deadly aim lead him to victory? Or will Gambit's swift reflexes and explosive cards allow him to defeat the gunman? Well, the winner is going to be determined by you. Yes, you. After you've read all of the rules, click the following link to choose a winner!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

No Caption Provided

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character (aka morals apply for both).
    • This is a random encounter (aka no prep/prior knowledge for either).
    • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 60 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
    • Both characters have their standard gear. For Deadshot, he has his New 52 gear, but pre-52 feats are applicable for him as well. For Gambit, this means he has his bo staff and and two decks of cards.
    • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
    • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
    • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
    • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
    • A Viner Argument for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
    • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
    "Just kidding. This month, I'm taking a nap."

Feel free to make future "Batman: Battle of the Month" suggestions in the comments below or via Twitter!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Gotta go with Deadshot on this one. Bullets placed on target are just as deadly as explosions. I know Remy can dodge/deflect them, but I don't think he's dodging everything Deadshot fires.

KingSolomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would agree if deadshot knew who Remy was, but i mean random encounter I dont see deadshot taking him seriously or even understanding his power until its too late.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wait? No scans?

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Krypton-115

Huh, I was kinda hoping on a extra special Batman battle because of Batmans 75th anniversary this week.

Still, I'm going with Gambit, since it's a random encounter, there's no way Deadshot would anticipate who Gambit is and what he can do.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By owie  Moderator

Yay! A return to variety! I have to say that while I'm familiar with both I am going to have to wait for the debate to fill me in on their details before I vote.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@jwalser3 said:

Wait? No scans?

You're allowed to use scans all you want. But a post with scans cannot earn the highlight spot because it would look like a mess in the article.

I would agree if deadshot knew who Remy was, but i mean random encounter I dont see deadshot taking him seriously or even understanding his power until its too late.

Floy'd not really known for screwing around ;)

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Huh...didn't know that deadshot was originally a part of batmans universe. Always thought he either came from a team book like deathstroke did, or that he was a part of green arrows universe.

Chronicjihad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna have to go with Deadshot on this one, even though Gambit is a bonafied badass and one of my favorite X-Men. Deadshot's skill with a sniper rifle would essentially make the fight last only as long as Gambit stays invisible. But once Deadshot has a shot, it's over. Remy's armor doesn't block bullets here, guys.

jaybake724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got to go with Deadshot here. He could disable Gambit before he could get into card range.

Avatar image for superboyprimema
    SuperBoyPrimeMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadshot for sure, Gambit will never see him coming

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Huh...didn't know that deadshot was originally a part of batmans universe. Always thought he either came from a team book like deathstroke did, or that he was a part of green arrows universe.

Yup, he made his debut in Batman's book (with a very silly costume, too). He's not a "regular" like Joker/Bane/etc, but if he had to be classified, I think his history with Batman makes it fair to use him in the segment.

Avatar image for generalpatton93
    GeneralPatton93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Deadshot. Maybe Gambit if they started closer together. Even with the cover Deadshot would take Gambit out before he got close enough.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is a good fight, I;m leaning towards the X-man though

Commando44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote Gambit. Deadshot is like Bullseye. I heard that Deadshot missed when attempting to snipe Batman. Gambit has two decks of cards, and can turn his environment into explosives. If fully powered, he can charge objects in his line of sight and does not need to touch them. People forget that Gambit is sorta a marksman in his own right. He also is agile and has stealth as he is a master thief. He is also gifted hand to hand combatant. He has hypnotic charm and superhuman agility and dexterity. Deadshot is a marine who is a sniper.... he is street. Gambit takes this one.

specialmonkey7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To paraphrase the great Frank Miller; Remy Lebeau, at his core, is a good man and Floyd Lawton, at his core, is not. This is a pretty simple match-up in my eyes because, honestly, Deadshot is an assassin. He has little to no limits morally and if someone's number is up and the money is right, he can will eliminate them. Gambit, on the other hand, though an outlaw at his core, is still merely a thief. When push comes to shove, Gambit isn't going to use everything he's got against Deadshot; he's going to hold back, making sure not to kill his opponent whereas Deadshot is not only going to throw everything he's got at him, his intention is to permanently drop the ragin' cajun.

As for skill and feats, we can see that both are fairly matched. Though Deadshot is no slouch in the athleticism, Gambit does have him beat in sheer finesse and acrobatic skill. However, it feels like Floyd Lawton has had more experience in the art of war than Gambit and has learned how to take a punch, a bullet or even a grenade. Now, the argument could be made that Gambit has his mutant power on his side. However, I tend to view it as almost a disadvantage in most battles against someone without powers. Bottom line, if you have a special ability such as kinetic charging in Gambit's case, you tend to rely on it too much when raw skill and physical prowess will edge out any special power in the long run. Lawton knows this and will work around this ability.

Bottom line, Remy better hope that one of his X-comrades come running once the bullets start flying, otherwise, Deadshot is going to be calling in to Amanda Waller confirming another kill to his list of hundreds...

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

deadshot.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Up close: Gambit, From a distance: Deadshot

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadshot, but was really hoping for a batman battle this month after the squirrel girl battle. Deadshot isn't even important to batman.

Cypher4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wish I knew more about Deadshot. Never read enough with him in it to make a call.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Deadshot was always a Batman villain. The suicide squad gave him a bigger role though.

Restitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're fighting long distance, Deadshot can avoid most of Gambit's projectiles. His reaction is practically superhuman, Gambit's projectiles are easier to dodge since their more visible, slower than bullets, and Gambit isn't capable of performing trick shots like Deadshot can.

Gambit has shown bullet timing reaction speed but he's going to have a much harder time avoiding Deadshot's projectiles than vice verse

I give it to Deadshot 7/10. Gambit can possible close the distance and charge up Deadshot's equipment. Deadshot's armor will probably protect him but his weaponry might be too damaged to continue the fight.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadshot vs Gambit? Obviously Batman.

Serious answer is Gambit. I think Gambit's powers could allow him to cause enough of a distraction to keep Deadshot from getting a good shot. Gambit doesn't have to be accurate to hit someone with an explosion of energy.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lurkero said:

Deadshot vs Gambit? Obviously Batman.

Serious answer is Gambit. I think Gambit's powers could allow him to cause enough of a distraction to keep Deadshot from getting a good shot. Gambit doesn't have to be accurate to hit someone with an explosion of energy.

It's always tempting to make that an option on the poll, but... it would win.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gambit for the win

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Deadshot would kill Gambit pretty much right away. And even if not, he has gear, he can fight and he's a perfect shot. He'd take out Gambit with a well paled shot.

Sir_Redhood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first instinct was originally to go with Gambit, but then I changed my mind. If given a ranged start, then Gambit would be dead before he even knew that Deadshot was anywhere near him. If they started off head to head, then it would be a tough fight, but Deadshot would still come out winner. The only other marksman who has ever been able to match Deadshot, is Green Arrow, as shown in the show, Arrow. In Arkham City, you learn that Deadshot has the ability to ricochet bullets off of walls. Also, the only time he has ever missed a target, is when Batman tackled his target to the floor. Also, take a look at this trailer and see that Deadshot is more than capable of dealing with several men at close range:

If you want to go straight to the Deadshot part, skip to, 1:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV3ZTa0OmB0

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bigsoto74

I have an idea for a battle... Dr. Strange vs Spawn.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I have an idea for a battle... Dr. Strange vs Spawn.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I'll be honest: a mystical fight isn't happening any time soon. That said, it looks like that fight does exist in the forums: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/dr-strange-vs-spawn-32320/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.