Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman: Assault on Arkham trailer

• 101 results
    Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@imagine_man15

Hmm, alright, maybe I'll give it a shot eventually.

Crisis was good in its first viewing, but rewatching it just reveals how dry the whole thing was. Apocalypse was decent, and probably my favorite after UTRH and Wonder Woman. Flashpoint had an entertaining story, but it's not anything worthy of a revisit, in my opinion. The art style was also atrocious. The worst offender is probably JL War. Continuous mind-numbing action and bad character work - it was a chore to finish that one.

JL Doom was....functional. It wasn't terrible, but nothing to write home about either.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Hope it's not another Son Of Batman.......

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Marionettegeist

Lets just try to forget that SoB.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Well, this trailer doesn't look terrible… Not the best, but not the worst. Wished they did the CGI instead of the animation, that would have been really cool. But oh well, the art reminds me of Carlos D'Anda's art from the Batman: Arkham City comic.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this trailer doesn't look terrible… Not the best, but not the worst. Wished they did the CGI instead of the animation, that would have been really cool. But oh well, the art reminds me of Carlos D'Anda's art from the Batman: Arkham City comic.

That would've been cool, but it would cost far too much to be profitable.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@veshark said:

@lvenger said:

@veshark said:

I remain skeptical. The only good films in the Animated Original Movies line are Wonder Woman & Under the Red Hood. Everything else ranges from decent (Apocalypse), to mediocre (Crisis), to downright terrible (JL War).

Superman vs The Elite opts to disagree with your analysis my friend :P That comes under the good films category in my books. A damn great adaptation of my second favourite Superman story. Not the best animation I concede but the story and action made up for it.

As for this trailer, it looks alright. A decent voice cast, a serviceable plot and good visuals should make for an interesting viewing when we see more of this film.

I haven't actually seen that one; it's one of the only two Animated Originals I haven't caught yet (The other being Unbound because I have yet to read the Brainiac story arc and I don't want spoilers). I just couldn't get over the movie's art style. Supes looked really funny there. Maybe I'll give it a shot one of these days.

I admit, the art style is its biggest weakness. But I'm guessing you haven't read Action Comics 775 on which this film is based on? If so, I have to say it does a brilliant job adapting the story and adding material for an hour+ animated film. I think they even got the original writer, Joe Kelly, to work on the screenplay so that's why it's so good IMO. The story and action were enough to get me invested above all else. Unbound is OK but nowhere near as good as the original Brainiac story.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jphu8414 said:
    No Caption Provided

What can I say? This looks awesome

What? Kevin Conroy as Batman? Troy Baker as Joker? Tara Strong as Harley Quinn? Yeah count me in

@supbatz said:

Looking good so far. I'm actually liking Harley's design here. It's attractive and a callback to her original costume, without being distasteful. Tara Strong's voice really varies when it comes to Harley, so I'm hoping that she'll do an overall good job (though her acting in the scenes shown in the trailer sounded off).

Still think that the animation is bad. Character designs for the Joker and Batman leave something to be desired. And there's an too much of an anime feel for my tastes. But as long as the animation isn't as disgustingly bloody as Son of Batman, I will be fine.

Looks like a fun film. Hoping to get a release date soon.

@saren said:

But hey, Kevin Conroy is back! And Troy Baker is basically a facsimile of Mark Hamill. And Grey DeLisle is voicing Catwoman! And Tara Strong is also there, I guess. So everyone's there.

Apparently, Harley is being voiced by this lady:

Hynden Walch

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

I watch it just like the other DCU animation film before it. At at it'll focus mainly on the villains for a change.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By PapiNacho

Sounds good.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they announced Assault on Arkham. I really hoped that it was a movie in between Arkham City and Arkham Knight.. So this trailer and what it says to me are kind of disappointing..

I've read all of your favorites.. Under the Red Hood being the most popular.. But please don't forget Mask of the Phantasm.. Man, If they wanna make a new live action movie starring Ben Affleck, please base it of that flick.. So much emotion.. Just have Batfleck stand in front of his parents' grave and let him say "i didn't count on being happy"

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TehStranger

I do like seeing that Amanda Waller is "big" again, Deadshot has his mustache back, and Harley isn't an albino female joker without the smile. As a matter of fact, I think everything looks good for this movie. Please don't disappoint me like you did with Son of Batman DC.

Edit: Wasn't Amanda the skinny New 52 version in Arkham: Origins? I guess she got a really bad case of the munchies in between that game and this movie.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wish now that Deathstroke hadn't been put in Son of Batman, and had been put in this instead (For those who haven't played Arkham: Origins Amanda goes to see Slade in prison and recruits him to be in the Suicide Squad). Still, its nice seeing DC push some of its less know characters like Black Spider.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@jaken7: Yep, I'm pretty sure Hynden Walch was confirmed as Harley's voice for the film. It's not her first time at the role though. For anyone who's interested:

Loading Video...

She provided Harley's voice in her two speaking appearances in The Batman.

Loading Video...

She also provided the voice of Yo-Yo in Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, the alternate universe's version of Harley. She was one of the only things I liked about Flashpoint, for her limited appearance.

So far, Walch has never really played a "serious" Harley, per se, and has mostly dealt with comedic takes on the character. I'm interested to see how she'll do as Harley in a film that features her heavily and will likely involve her having a wider range of emotions to pull off.

Interestingly enough, she's also the voice of Starfire in the Teen Titans animated series.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@supbatz: Oh yeah, that IS Starfire! Interesting. I've heard her voice plenty of other places as well.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

I can't, it's awful.
    I really can't forgive badly written stuff........

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Marionettegeist

@punyparker said:

@marionettegeist said:

@punyparker said:

I can't, it's awful.

I really can't forgive badly written stuff........

Sorry, I didn't respond earlier... I had the munchies!

Jesus, from skilled criminal to mindless beast to small time junkie. What did they do to you Croc?

Edit: This movie almost works as a comedy, come to think of it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edit: This movie almost works as a comedy, come to think of it.

Sadly,it does......

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they announced Assault on Arkham. I really hoped that it was a movie in between Arkham City and Arkham Knight.. So this trailer and what it says to me are kind of disappointing..

I've read all of your favorites.. Under the Red Hood being the most popular.. But please don't forget Mask of the Phantasm.. Man, If they wanna make a new live action movie starring Ben Affleck, please base it of that flick.. So much emotion.. Just have Batfleck stand in front of his parents' grave and let him say "i didn't count on being happy"

MotP is the best Batman animated movie but its not a part of DCUAO.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

@manneffest said:

That would've been cool, but it would cost far too much to be profitable.

Sadly, your right. I might have bought two though just because it would look so darn cool!

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Please let it not be.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

MotP is the best Batman animated movie

It's the best Batman movie in general.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

MotP is the best Batman animated movie

It's the best Batman movie in general.

Completely agree.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By entropy_aegis

MOTP in a different beast altogether,it's hands down the best Batman story ever IMO.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

O that's supposed to be King Shark I'd thought he was Killer Croc because of the Arkham setting

Could be interesting as a way to do like a B-Action movie or it could turn out to eb something like Justice League War or Iron Man Rise of Technovore

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@veshark said:

@lvenger said:

@veshark said:

I remain skeptical. The only good films in the Animated Original Movies line are Wonder Woman & Under the Red Hood. Everything else ranges from decent (Apocalypse), to mediocre (Crisis), to downright terrible (JL War).

Superman vs The Elite opts to disagree with your analysis my friend :P That comes under the good films category in my books. A damn great adaptation of my second favourite Superman story. Not the best animation I concede but the story and action made up for it.

As for this trailer, it looks alright. A decent voice cast, a serviceable plot and good visuals should make for an interesting viewing when we see more of this film.

I haven't actually seen that one; it's one of the only two Animated Originals I haven't caught yet (The other being Unbound because I have yet to read the Brainiac story arc and I don't want spoilers). I just couldn't get over the movie's art style. Supes looked really funny there. Maybe I'll give it a shot one of these days.

I admit, the art style is its biggest weakness. But I'm guessing you haven't read Action Comics 775 on which this film is based on? If so, I have to say it does a brilliant job adapting the story and adding material for an hour+ animated film. I think they even got the original writer, Joe Kelly, to work on the screenplay so that's why it's so good IMO. The story and action were enough to get me invested above all else. Unbound is OK but nowhere near as good as the original Brainiac story.

I haven't read the entire issue yet, but of course, the famous speech by Superman is definitely an iconic moment for most in comicdom. If memory serves, I think you mentioned it being one of your favorite issues as well? I might check it out on your recommendation then. They got Judd Winick to rewrite Under the Red Hood for the movie, and that turned out pretty good.

PopRock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks decent enough I hope its good but my expectation will be low encase it disappoints. The only DC animated film I really liked were Batman MotP, under the red hood and wonder woman(dark knight returns was pretty good too).

Avatar image for howard_the-duck
    Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmazz: I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be Great White Shark, not King Shark

http://www.comicvine.com/great-white-shark/4005-9063/

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@howard_the-duck: No, it's King Shark. He's the one in the Suicide Squad. Great White Shark is a really minor Batman villain who's never been a physical threat. He's basically just a deformed guy.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@howard_the-duck: No, it's King Shark. He's the one in the Suicide Squad. Great White Shark is a really minor Batman villain who's never been a physical threat. He's basically just a deformed guy.

Who made a pack with a demon if I'm remembering correctly.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
    thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

Looks forgettable

Nice choice of villains though. I what have preferred a plot without Joker but whatever.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

How come CV didn't make this into an Article?

Anyway, I really like Son of Batman and this looks really promising.

Avatar image for howard_the-duck
    Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Howard_The-Duck

@saren: So it is. Still you have to admit this

No Caption Provided

looks more like this

No Caption Provided

than this

No Caption Provided

So I think you can understand me confusing the two.

With all this talk of sharks I wonder if the movie will make a reference to

No Caption Provided

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cool.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

I agree but Flashpoint Paradox was stellar, imo. It was by far, my favorite DC Animated Original Movie.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

MOTP in a different beast altogether,it's hands down the best Batman story ever IMO.

Full name PLZ. :P

Mask of The Phantasm. :)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

I agree but Flashpoint Paradox was stellar, imo. It was by far, my favorite DC Animated Original Movie.

I found the story entertaining because it was so different from the mainstream DCU, but it's not so great that a second rewatch is called for. The other major problem I had was the art style and the character designs.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@veshark said:

I found the story entertaining because it was so different from the mainstream DCU, but it's not so great that a second rewatch is called for. The other major problem I had was the art style and the character designs.

Fair enough. I for one kinda liked the art-style but I guess, that's a matter of perspective. It's always fun to show that movie to people who are unfamiliar with comic books cause it tends to blow away their minds. Would you believe just by doing that I saw that movie around 15 times already? :D
    I thought the music was stellar too especially during the Amazon sequences.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Veshark

@veshark said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@veshark said:

Fair enough. I for one kinda liked the art-style but I guess, that's a matter of perspective. It's always fun to show that movie to people who are unfamiliar with comic books cause it tends to blow away their minds. Would you believe just by doing that I saw that movie around 15 times already? :D

Hey I'm all for anything that makes non-readers enjoy superheroes ;)

I will say that animated movies occasionally give the opportunity to improve on the original story. Joe Kelly's original Elite tale was an issue long, but he was able to masterfully extend it to an hour-long film. Judd Winick was the opposite, and instead he streamlined the Under the Hood story into a fantastic film as well.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@veshark said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@veshark said:

Hey I'm all for anything that makes non-readers enjoy superheroes ;)

I will say that animated movies occasionally give the opportunity to improve on the original story. Joe Kelly's original Elite tale was an issue long, but he was able to masterfully extend it to an hour-long film. Judd Winick was the opposite, and instead he streamlined the Under the Hood story into a fantastic film as well.

Agree. I found it kinda hilarious that they took away the chatty Amazo from the comic book and incorporated a few of it's lines as Nightwing's in the movie. But I loved how the fight ended in the comic though...Batmobile missile to the face. (Bat-Logic: Guns are bad but missiles are cool)
    I agree that it was smart of them to take away a few elements from the book and like you said, streamline it. I for one liked the 'techno-ninjas' more than Captain Nazi and his Hyena, lol. Oh, like everyone else, I preferred his resurrection in the movie more than Emoboy-Prime 'punching' reality.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Veshark
    WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By WarBlade539
    Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Son of Batman was pretty solid. It had no OMG moments, but it was good.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intriguing

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Can't wait for this!

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Loading Video...

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

From CBR written by the CBR News Team

Warner Bros. Brings "Batman: Assault on Arkham" to DVD/Blu-ray August 14

Batman, one of the world’s most valiant super heroes, faces a villainous squad of criminals in an epic battle of good vs. evil in the DC Universe Original Movie, Batman: Assault on Arkham. Set in the world of the best-selling Batman: Arkham video game series, this action-packed film takes place between the Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Asylum video games. Available on August 12, 2014 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, on Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD, this hit is one DC Comics fans won’t want to miss.

Gotham is in great danger when the government assembles a group of villains — code named the Suicide Squad — and forces them to break into Arkham Asylum to retrieve top secret information stolen by the Riddler. Things take a turn for the worse when one of the Squad members (Harley Quinn) frees the Joker, who is intent on blowing up Arkham Asylum and Gotham City. Batman must use his super hero wits and strength to thwart the wicked plans of the Joker and the Suicide Squad.

"Batman: Assault on Arkham is a thrill-ride with everything a fan would want — a courageous super hero, depraved villains, and suspenseful plot twists," said Mary Ellen Thomas, WBHE Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing. "Featuring voice talent from some of today’s hottest television actors, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is proud to release this as the next DC Universe Original Movie."

"Working on a new Batman story is always exciting," said Sam Register, President, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series. "As a fan of the Arkham video games, I know this movie is going to entertain all Batman groups, from comic book and super hero fans to the most dedicated gamer."

Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) voices Batman, and joins forces with several Hollywood greats to bring the legendary characters to life. Adding to the celebrity-laden cast is Neal McDonough (Justified, Desperate Housewives) as Deadshot, Troy Baker (The Last of Us) as Joker, Matthew Gray Gubler (Criminal Minds) as Riddler, CCH Pounder (The Shield, Warehouse 13) as Amanda Waller, Greg Ellis (24) as Captain Boomerang, and Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad, Revolution) as Black Spider.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Batman: Assault on Arkham is directed by Jay Oliva (Man of Steel, Justice League: War) and Ethan Spaulding (Son of Batman) from a script written by Heath Corson (Justice League: War). Sam Register (Beware the Batman, Teen Titans Go!), Benjamin Melniker (The Dark Knight Rises) and Michael Uslan (The Dark Knight Rises) serve as executive producers. James Tucker (Son of Batman) is Supervising Producer.

Batman: Assault on Arkham has tons of exciting enhanced content. The Blu-ray Combo Pack will include:

• Arkham Analyzed: The Secrets Behind the Asylum – This is the documentary that traces the strange, demonic history of the location where horror is mixed with the extremities of the criminally insane. A place where Batman must keep his watchful gaze, to insure that what goes in does not come out .... ever.
    • The Joker's Queen: Harley Quinn - If The Joker were to have a girlfriend, what would she be like? This featurette covers the story of the deviancy and often provocative side to The Joker’s greatest ally, Harley Quinn.
    • An advance look into the next DC animated feature film with the creators and cast.
    • Four episodes from the DC Comics Vault.

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution, interactive entertainment, technical operations and anti-piracy businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees, as well as directly to consumers through WBShop.com.

About DC Entertainment:

DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.

Batman and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and ©DCComics. (s14)

About Warner Bros. Animation

Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, producing and developing both CG and traditionally animated projects for multiple platforms, both domestically and internationally. For TV, WBA produces series such as Beware the Batman, Teen Titans Go!, The Tom and Jerry Show and the upcoming Be Cool Scooby-Doo! and Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production for Cartoon Network; original animated DC Nation shorts for Cartoon Network; and the forthcoming Mike Tyson Mysteries series for Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim. As the home of the iconic animated characters from the DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Looney Tunes libraries, WBA also produces highly successful animated films — including the DC Universe Animated Original Movies — for DVD. One of the most-honored animation studios in history, WBA has won six Academy Awards®, 35 Emmy® Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents’ Choice Award, the HUMANITAS Prize, two Prism Awards and 20 Annie Awards (honoring excellence in animation).

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: PleaseDontBeSonOfBatman PleaseDontBeSonOfBatman PleaseDontBeSonOfBatman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.