'Batman: Arkham Origins' Teaser Trailer

• 93 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

The concern over Batman: Arkham Origins is totally understandable. Rocksteady did a brilliant job with Asylum and City, but now a new studio is taking over the franchise (WB Games Montreal). The screenshots have looked good and the premise certainly rocks, but there's a lot of weight on their shoulders. Will the gameplay be as exciting? Only time will tell. But for now they've released a teaser trailer and while it is quite awesome, it's unfortunately only CG and reveals no gameplay. But hey, that's why it's called a "teaser," right? Watch Batman and Slade Wilson go at it below in a short but sweet fight.

In case you haven't heard by now, Origins takes place years before the previous games and it's all about a group of villains and assassins attempting to kill Batman. Deathstroke is clearly confirmed and based on what I've seen it definitely looks like Black Mask is the one who put the hit on the Dark Knight. Who do you think the other adversaries will be, Viners? Speak your mind below. Also, it looks like a full trailer will hit the game's Facebook page on the 20th. We'll obviously be sure to post is ASAP.

Batman: Arkham Origins comes out 10/25.

Staff
#1 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

At least we know the game's cinematics will be gorgeous.

#2 Posted by Mizu_pl (60 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter how I don't like the idea of this game being a prequel, no matter how much I am pissed off and disappointed by this fact and no matter how much I feel cheated for every detail and hint from Arkham City that was indicating upcoming sequel I would still buy this game. Damn you DC and Warner Bros.!

#3 Posted by Mucklefluga (2503 posts) - - Show Bio

No gameplay. eh. It's like that totally awesome video they showed for Arkham City. It's superb, but nothing similar to the gameplay.

#4 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

First Day Buy. Period.

#5 Edited by Scarlet_Spider_Forever (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Man oh man oh man. I have one request for the game! Just one. PLEASE, put a playable deathstroke skin in? It would be my lifes dream to play as Slade!

#6 Posted by iaconpoint (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

We want more! We want more! It's like, you really like it and want more!

#7 Edited by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds me of when Arkham City did the same thing. This game is already on the right path.

#8 Edited by saoakden (1011 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweeet.

#9 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Animation.

Can't movies look this good? Honestly, it seems like live actors are going to lose jobs. Just like how silent film actors lost their jobs when they didn't have the voice for sound.

Man, gameplay or not, that was some awesome footage.

#10 Edited by Shajita (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm honestly a little sad that they get the director of Prototype and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, two games about being an all-powerful being that destroys buildings, and they set him on a Batman game instead of setting him on a Superman or Green Lantern project.

Aside from another wasted potential to market DC characters other than Batman, I'm excited.

#11 Posted by PunyParker (8836 posts) - - Show Bio

I like what i see....And i see what i like!!

#12 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

...aaand sold.

#13 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3455 posts) - - Show Bio

Suhweet

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32129 posts) - - Show Bio

meh cut scenes mean nothing

#15 Posted by Z3RO180 (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm gonna pre order

#16 Edited by StMichalofWilson (3617 posts) - - Show Bio

Fascinating...

#17 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

So the quality of the CGI traliers hasn't gone down, hopefully the Quality of Storyline and Gameplay don't go down as well.

#18 Posted by TommytheHitman (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot will probably be one of the other assassin's

#19 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5750 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME.

#20 Posted by Med (291 posts) - - Show Bio

I would not be surprised or disappointed if Katana or Lady Shiva were in this.

#21 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!

#22 Posted by ComradeCold (20 posts) - - Show Bio

so if there is supposed to be 8 assassins who do we think?

1. Deathstroke

2. Deadshot

3.Lady Shiva

4. Talia (possibly but maybe not becuase of shiva)

5. Merlyn (not sure if arrow is a factor for or against him)

6.KGbeast (ok that one is a little out there)

7. Red Hood (this is just me being hopeful)

8. Chesire (to appease the young justice rabble)

#23 Posted by Big_Nasty (342 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is once again taking my money .

#24 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is not supposed to be manhandled like that. Pretty good trailer though.

#25 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

well nice CGI but too little slade beating the crap out of batman. you know like how it's supposed to be.

#26 Posted by SlickyMike88 (207 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to be skeptical until I see actual gameplay.

#27 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5750 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is not supposed to be manhandled like that. Pretty good trailer though.

Agreed.

#28 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Animation.

Can't movies look this good? Honestly, it seems like live actors are going to lose jobs. Just like how silent film actors lost their jobs when they didn't have the voice for sound.

Man, gameplay or not, that was some awesome footage.

@blkson said:

At least we know the game's cinematics will be gorgeous.

@krypton_ said:

Reminds me of when Arkham City did the same thing. This game is already on the right path.

I like what i see....And i see what i like!!

@or35ti said:

...aaand sold.

All of these describe my position.

#29 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go wipe drool from my face.

#30 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

yes yes yes

#31 Edited by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

well nice CGI but too little slade beating the crap out of batman. you know like how it's supposed to be.

When we're dealing with a game about 8 assassins trying to kill Batman in one night, I think it's safe to say they won't be as effective as their comic book counter-parts. As long as they don't make Slade a total chump, I'm cool with it.

Staff
#32 Edited by RavenVice01 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@comradecold: I think u are on to something with a few exceptions. The designers mentioned in the side missions that u can play as villains. The villains mentioned were Firefly and Electrocutioner. I think the game designers will lean away from other assassins and stick to the primary ones. Deathstroke is probably the only exception because he is primarily a Nigthwing rogue as well as the Teen Titans arch nemesis. People just really want to see Deathstroke and Batman cut loose.

The crime lords like Penguin, Black Mask, Carmine Falcone and Sal Maroni must be working together to hire these assassins. Hopefully, they will bring in the Ventriloquist, Great White Shark and Maxie Zeus into the mix of mob bosses. With the Falcones bringing brought into this game, I would be willing to bet that Calendar Man, Harvey Dent (before becoming Two-Face) and Catwoman will return for this game.

Ra's al Ghul will probably appear as the facilitator of the League of Assassins along with the Sensei, Nyssa Raatko, Talia al Ghul, White Ghost and Ubu. I bring up Ra's al Ghul because for one thing it makes sense to introduce him in this particular story plus his corpse was seen at Arkham Asylum before it vanished. Its possible that Nyssa Raatko kills Ra's at the end of this Origins game.

Five out of the 8 assassins/ hitmen have been confirmed for the game: Deathstroke, Deadshot, Firefly, Electrocutioner & Alberto Falcone. The remaining three may be filled by the following: Lady Shiva, David Cain, Sofia Falcone-Gigante, KGBeast, NVKDemon, or the Silver Monkey. There is the possibility that Bane maybe one of the eight assassins but I understand that would throw off the chronological order of things. Then again video games are never really that good at following a timeline. If Bane does come back, I hope they will give him a more conservative look.

If this is Batman's younger years, Henri Ducard might also make an appearance. I'm really looking forward to this game. I don't think it will disappoint at all. The only thing I wish they would change is the setting. I mean X-Mas with assassins? The snowy atmosphere was already done with Arkham City.

#33 Posted by The Average Bear (2059 posts) - - Show Bio

Viners in Texas or any surrounding states, the high-pitched squeal you just hear was me. Don't be alarmed

#34 Edited by csantilli27 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

That was pretty cool. Can't wait for this

#35 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!!!

#36 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

- I'm not buying this trash regardless as Richard will not be in it.

#37 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome. It'd be cool if they included one of my favorite DC villains (Prometheus). They probably won't but I'll hold out hope. Deathstroke is another one of my favorites so at least he's in it along with Black Mask.

#38 Posted by SmashBrawler (5419 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3079 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-ordered! That was awesome!

#40 Posted by knightofthechronicle (638 posts) - - Show Bio

0.0 ...I no longer have any doubts

#41 Edited by Pokeysteve (7907 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely feel teased.

#42 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (14586 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#43 Edited by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

We want more! We want more! It's like, you really like it and want more!

Hahahha I love that commercial

#44 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@novi_homines said:

@thetimestreamer said:

When we're dealing with a game about 8 assassins trying to kill Batman in one night, I think it's safe to say they won't be as effective as their comic book counter-parts. As long as they don't make Slade a total chump, I'm cool with it.

Yeah... you're hoping for too much. Look at what happened in Injustice >.>

I'm quite honestly fed up with Deathstroke being jobbed out to lesser foes.

#45 Posted by johnny_blaze (361 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, DC fanboys will eat this up of course smh.

#46 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade gets in but Dick doesn't? What gives! He's not even a legit rogue of Batman's. Will not be picking this up unfortunately... I have a feeling the lack of Nightwing and mishandling of Deathstroke will ruin it for me.

#47 Posted by DrellAssassin (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson: They won't include these in game, except for maybe before the start screen.

#48 Posted by DrellAssassin (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnny_blaze: And why not, when previous games in the series have been of great quality?

#49 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravager4: Injustice? You mean the same game when Deathstroke beat WW, and Captain Marvel.

#50 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Yeah, that's saying a lot, considering Green Arrow beat WW and Black Adam... but even before that, in the regular universe, he set a trap for Batman, had the jump on him, and still lost. Then he lost to the regular universe Cyborg, who had taken no super pill, and he lost to someone else he shouldn't have either, I can't remember... but regardless, that entire story made no sense to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.