Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman: Arkham Origins - "Cold, Cold Heart" Now Available

• 70 results
    KnightMare75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do I have to go to talk to Alfred or got to a specific spot in the game?

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnightMare75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do i have to star a new game or something?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was alright. Main story's pretty short but I wasn't expecting that much to be honest. Kinda sucks that all of the "frozen victims" are cops though, I mean really? You have all those other generic models of the ceremony attendees and security guards and you just use cops? Even when it doesn't make sense for them to be there?

The thugs with freeze guns are a pain in the ass at first but they're pretty easy to take down from then on. The boss fight against Mr. Freeze is a bit tricky at first but it gets much easier once you figure out what to do, so it's not on the same level as the Arkham City boss fight at all.

I really liked the final sequence where Boyle freezes you and starts to beat Freeze so you have to break free before he kills him, that was cool. The ending was kind of abrupt though.

One thing I'm hoping they do in Arkham Knight is insert this story DLC into the main campaign, it's much easier to access it that way instead of having to start a new different campaign from the main menu, since it worked the same way with Harley Quinn's Revenge and I didn't like it then either.

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler: How did you start the DLC? Did it appear on your menu or something? Or did it pop up in game?

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
    ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This DLC was utter garbage, especially considering it took 4-5 months to develop.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler: How did you start the DLC? Did it appear on your menu or something? Or did it pop up in game?

It's in the main menu, right under "Story".

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those having trouble, I re downloaded and restarted my console, that fixed it. Hell of a first impression Montreal.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

did they get btas freeze actor to do the vo before his death it sounds like him.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Beat the main story for this DLC within two hours and while it wasn't horrible, it wasn't anything amazing either. If you know the classic Mister Freeze story then this won't be really that surprising. When you find out that Mister Freeze is just a man who's trying to save his wife, it feels like the writers wanting you to feel bad for him...and while I do feel bad for Freeze, because I know his story and origins and have seen it told is so many forms, the story didn't really hit me as emotionally as it should.

Gameplay-wise it basically just the Batman from Arkham Origins. He has all of his gadgets from the end of Origins, except for the Glue Grenade which for some reason they left out. The EX Suit that you get really doesn't do much and felt more like a buffed-up version of your regular Bat-Suit. The only time the suit was useful for was against thugs with freeze guns and the suit grants you fired-up versions of normal gadgets like your Batarangs, but they still function basically the same.

One thing I did have issues with was that a few times the game doesn't give you any hint at to what you're suppose to do or where you need to go. Most of the time it gives you a little marker on the map or even has Bruce or Alfred tell you, but a few times I was wondering around trying to figure out what I'm suppose to do next. Also some of the graphics looked a bit rough, causing the characters to not look as polished.

Overall, for a DLC it was just okay. Like I said, I finished the main story in about two hours and really rushed through the thing with no challenge. I found the Anarky side-missions to be a bit random, coming off more as something to make the thing feel longer but ultimately feeling pretty pointless and boring. This DLC was nothing amazing and if you choose to skip it you won't be missing out.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

How's the Freeze boss fight in comparison to the one city?

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BuNKiTZ

I'm very happy that my favorite Batman series is getting a Mister Freeze story DLC, but I'm also disappointed since WBGM is the one who worked on it... :|

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

How's the Freeze boss fight in comparison to the one city?

The one in City is much better. The fight with Freeze in the DLC feels more like how you fight Deadshot in Origins or Two-Face during the Catwoman episodes in City. Freeze basically just walks around the room, and if he sees you will try to shoot you with his freeze gun. If he catches you grappling up to a vantage point he tends to freeze them as well (though you're able to unfreeze them). Along with that, as his health gets lower he'll call in random thugs for support.

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant wait to download this when I get home. I really liked the game and even happier I bought the season pass

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: In case you didn't see my post, I reloaded it and restarted the Xbox, then it showed up in the menu.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

can we now have a better Batman Mr. freexe movie DC

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fat Batman! I know it's probably just going to be a minor side-story DLC, but hey, I'm not picky when it comes to Arkham. At least it won't be as bad as Initiation.

Regarding bugs: I've been fairly safe from them in the PC version, at least nothing that's game-breaking. Multiplayer with the servers is really troublesome though.

Avatar image for darkseid_beyond
    Darkseid_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Darkseid_Beyond

It's a shame so many people are turned off by "bugs". I have the game on the Xbox 360 and I haven't seen any of these game breaking bugs myself. Personally I thought the game was pretty sweet and I hope Warner Bros. makes another one, since Rocksteady is done after Arkham Knight.

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only real complaint is that the new suit is useless. It basically lets you break ice. Whoopie. I was hoping for tougher, slower, massively more powerful Batman, a Batman that's a tank. Think Night of Owls suit. The design looks so heavy and armored, it should slow him down but beef him up.
    At first I was thinking that the devs didn't have time to do a whole new set of animations and moves, but then I remembered what Rocksteady did with HQR, whole new character and animation set.
    This is such a missed opportunity. The suit is power armor, there's no reason they couldn't have ended the boss fight with a ground and pound fist fight between him and freeze, armored suit fist fight. Instead, he did everything he could have done with his old suit.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
    NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I wish you guys wouldn't continue complaining about the game instead of talking about the downloadable content. A Mr. Freeze boss fight without thugs is just easier not better. The XE suit is easily my favorite Bat suit. The bulk of the costume reminds me of the Dark Knight Returns Batman. I hope DC makes it into a toy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.