Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate

Vikings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thoughts on the PSVita and 3DS version of Origins? What do you think of the "2.5D"?

I personally am really excited for it. It looks pretty solid, and I'm glad I'll be able to play Origins without being at home. The 2.5D ordeal is kind of eh, but I think they did pretty well with it to make it look rich and not feel like something major is missing. From what I have seen at least. Can't wait to get my hands on it, and I'm almost more excited about Blackgate than the actual Origins since less has been said about it.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

It looks Quite Decent

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 2.5 thing doesn't look too bad, and it looks like gameplay will be similar to the gameplay in origins. Plus, catwoman is in it and I doubt she will be in origins.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The combat free flow looks weird but I probably just have to get my hands on it.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Breadspread

oh crap... guess I'll have to buy a new hand-held.

Vikings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vikings

oh crap... guess I'll have to buy a new hand-held.

I got a 3DS XL a few days before I heard about this. I'm not sure how the game play will compare on the PSVita vs the 3DS, but I expect both to be done pretty well.

The gliding and grappling actually looks pretty solid, which for me was something I didn't think would flow well with the 2.5D.

Video of game play:

Loading Video...

Quote from Wikipedia:

The story, which takes place after the events of Arkham Origins,[2] follows a prison uprising at Blackgate, which Batman goes to investigate. He quickly learns that there is more to this than your average uprising.[3] Batman will also meet Catwoman for the first time, and begin to forge a relationship with a young Captain Gordon.[4]

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard the 3D effect on the 3DS version is pretty good, and it doesn't really seem like there's a crushing difference between the Vita and the 3DS version graphically, so I'm also gonna get in on the 3DS when I can.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vikings: I know the vita is a decent machine, but I'd rather get a 3DS. Either way it's going to have to wait until after I buy one of the new consoles in November, I have to save my money until then.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.