Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman: Arkham Origins...anyone kinda unsatisfied?

SupermanNoble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SupermanNoble

This could be a very contreversial topic and contains spoilers from Arkham City.

The game hasnt even came out yet so I will not bash it and doubt I ever will. I love these games, but doesn't it feel like they could've held off on a prequel due to all the storyline's and easter eggs they could have gone off of?

KillerCroc confronts you in the subway for mere seconds

The boat with Dr. Crane's (Scarecrow) cockroach deliveries.

Ras Al Ghul not being in the same spot after you come back to where he died.

Joker calling you on the phone after?

Hush side mission.

There are plenty more off what they could have gone off of and i'm sure I will enjoy Origins. I just am questioning why not hold off on it?

What do you think?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Who says that all of that isn't in the making by Rocksteady right now? :)

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because WB wanted to introduce other characters while Rocksteady didn't so.... WB made their own title.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Rocksteady developing the sequel to Arkham city? The sequel probably feature more playable characters like Nightwing, Robin and others, so I think its a good to get a game with less characters and more Batman.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

To early to comment really, I feel like they have done so much with every character by now a prequal might be intresting as a change of pace.. Less action more story and detective stuff maybe. (Still some action ofcourse just not as much)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RustyRoy

@bruxae: I actually feel that the first two games relied more on story. The Boss fights were good but not great, but with 8 best assassins in DCU I expect them to be nothing less than great.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Breadspread

The sequel will be next gen. The prequel is just one last hooray on current gen consols. The prequel also opens up the possibility of many different Batman games and spin offs that don't have to follow the story arc set up by the previous games. Bat fans should love that they are expanding the arkhamverse. Be patient, the sequel is coming!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A sequel is most likely being made by rocksteady, just not yet. People were complaining about not hearing about another arkham game after arkham city for too long, so origins is kind of just a way to keep us satisfied while rocksteady perfects and makes a sequel

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sequel will be next gen. The prequel is just one last hooray on current gen consols. The prequel also opens up the possibility of many different Batman games and spin offs that don't have to follow the story arc set up by the previous games. Bat fans should love that they are expanding the arkhamverse. Be patient, the sequel is coming!

Agreed.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermannoble: Oh hell no. Im psyched. Im certain they drop even more subtle hints that match up with AC to enhance the future sequel. It will be awesome.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocksteady are making the sequel of Arkham City, while WB are releasing Origins.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Ninjablade09

I am extremely exited for this game but there are a few things that irritate me. I'm not a fan of it taking place on Christmas Eve, as cool as the set designs could be, I wouldn't mind the game taking place over a longer period of time. You have a great opportunity to make this game take place over a week because you're not hindered with being in a prison. As much sense as it made with Arkham Asylum, with you getting time updates in Arkham City it made it seem like the night was never going to end. I am also happy Conroy isn't returning because I replayed Arkham City, and it seemed like he didn't even want to be there every time he was having a conversation, and it sounded awful.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupermanNoble marked this as the best answer

Good answer

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

I'm not miffed just want a sequel more than a prequel

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By FlashKnight

@jayc1324 said:

A sequel is most likely being made by rocksteady, just not yet. People were complaining about not hearing about another arkham game after arkham city for too long, so origins is kind of just a way to keep us satisfied while rocksteady perfects and makes a sequel

This! Kevin Conroy even accidentally confirmed that Arkham 4 is coming from Rocksteady!

SupermanNoble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the replies and comments everyone. Looking forward to it!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.