Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman: Arkham Knight theory.

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Geoff johns is apparently working with the rocksteady team to create a "Brand new villain" for the new game Batman Arkham Knight. I have a theory of who this "Arkham Knight" character is. As you can see on the left, Arkham Knight bares a striking resemblance to The Dark Knight himself Batman. In Arkham city, Batman runs into A mysterious figure named Azrael. Azrael says something along the lines of "you're going to close the gates of hell, and Gotham will burn".
    This is of course referring to the events in Batman Arkham Knight. Later in the game you can find a man named Thomas Elliot. Also known as the masked villain Hush. Hush takes off his bandages to reveal he has surgically modified his face, to look like bruce wayne's. Hush says he's going to ruin Bruce Wayne's life. Batman retorts saying "He'll go after him tomorrow". Well what if Arkham Knight is Thomas Elliot. What if Hush is not only impersonating Bruce Wayne, but also Batman. This might just be the Next and maybe final step, in Thomas Elliot's grand scheme to destroy Bruce Waynes life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well they said its a new villian so using Thomas Elliot wouldn't really be a new villian

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I mean technically it is a new villain. Its just an older character

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chrisj_1

I dunno man think it really cheapens Hush if you make him this new character tbh I hope they don't do that but it is a good theory.

"You are the warrior that will close the Gates of Hell. You are the one that will save this day and in doing so events will occur that you cannot stop. From the ashes of Arkham fires will rage and Gotham will burn. And you, you will burn too." - That's the full quote just felt like putting that out there.

Azrael seems to be speaking of something a bit bigger than a single man's vendetta in my opinion. Possibly something cataclysmic and because of that I've been assuming it's related to Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins.

Also, "closing the Gates of Hell" is referring to Batman defeating Scarecrow's united gang which is named "Hell's Gates" (you can see this on the logos on the back of the members' vests in the trailer)

Now I have no set theories on who Arkham Knight might end up being but I'm willing to bet his plot involves manipulating Scarecrow into uniting the city's gangs into this Hell's Gates and using him as a patsy much like Ra's with Hugo Strange in City and Joker with Black Mask with Origins (man this series does that a lot).

He's going to take over the gang and unravel a plot that just has to be way bigger than simply destroying Bruce Wayne's life. Mind you this has to coincide with some prophecy thought up by the Order of St. Dumas. If it's just about Bruce then why the hell would they care?

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrisj_1: Wow thank you for that information! Thats really cool about scarecrows gang. It does look like something a little bit more, but I just think it might be Hush. Maybe there's more too it or something.

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dylanofearth2: I definitely do want Hush in the game don't get me wrong. I mean it seems to me that they're following up on all the Easter Eggs they set up in AC. Scarecrow's back, Azrael's prophecy is coming together, so Hush's definitely going to be in the game.

Who knows maybe you're right Arkham Knight's Hush and he plays the role as more of a catalyst for the events that will unfold instead of the actual mastermind of it all (not to downplay Hush's character I say this simply because like I said his problems are more about personal vendettas than outright wanting to cause destruction).

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrisj_1: I like hush as a mastermind but hey, all I know is that Im STOKED for this game.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Harley Quinn to play a major role. :D

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Everyone know's Arkham Knight is the name a villain dude. His theory is that Arkham Knight's going to be revealed to be Hush.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrisj_1 said:

@jaken7: Everyone know's Arkham Knight is the name a villain dude. His theory is that Arkham Knight's going to be revealed to be Hush.

Which is what that thread is a discussion of. We didn't need a new separate thread for his opinion, he could've just posted it in the original thread. Also, no, when I made that thread very few people even understood what I was talking about. It wasn't common knowledge.

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Oh haha, I just thought Id share my theory.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dylanofearth2: No problem man, I jut really liked the discussion that was going on in that thread, and your theory actually mirrors a majority of user's (including mine) guesses.

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chrisj_1

@jaken7 said:

@chrisj_1 said:

Which is what that thread is a discussion of. We didn't need a new separate thread for his opinion, he could've just posted it in the original thread. Also, no, when I made that thread very few people even understood what I was talking about. It wasn't common knowledge.

To be fair bro I actually made a thread about this before both of you guys:

Think I just figured out Arkham Knight's Plot

Got no replies though sadly. Tough luck though man hey I don't care what thread the discussion about this character happens on as long as it does in fact happen. You shouldn't care either.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its Johns, so Arkham Knight can be anyone. Even Joker.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrisj_1: Both of our threads say they were created 1 day and 2 hours ago. Besides, mine was specifically about the villain, yours was presented as a general theory.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Maybe its a warped version of Thomas Wayne Jr hmm...

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@chrisj_1: Both of our threads say they were created 1 day and 2 hours ago. Besides, mine was specifically about the villain, yours was presented as a general theory.

Which is odd cos I made mine at about 4:30 in the afternoon but that's besides the point. But that's pretty much what this is thread is dude. A general theory citing literally the exact same material I did in my thread all I'm saying is if anyone here has a reason to have hard feelings about all this it's me and yet I don't. "I don't care what thread the discussion about this character happens on as long as it does in fact happen. You shouldn't care either"

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrisj_1 said:

@jaken7 said:

Which is odd cos I made mine at about 4:30 in the afternoon but that's besides the point. But that's pretty much what this is thread is dude. A general theory citing literally the exact same material I did in my thread all I'm saying is if anyone here has a reason to have hard feelings about all this it's me and yet I don't. "I don't care what thread the discussion about this character happens on as long as it does in fact happen. You shouldn't care either"

How do you know mine wasn't earlier? It doesn't matter.

But which thread it's in does matter, because there was a lot of branching dialogue involving many people that all helped to form different conclusions. Secluding one theory to a different thread hurts the discussion.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Glove anyone?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By entropy_aegis

Meh,if you wanna make a brand new villain atleast make him original,I see no reason why this Arkham Knight guy had to be created when we already had Prometheus,Owlman and Wrath. I'm still holding out hope that it's one of these 3 guys.

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I said why go through the work of making an Anti-Batman, when there is so much already.

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DylanOfEarth2

@takeluutzen: I doubt they'd do that, I do love grant morrison though!

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My theories:

1. its going to be joker. if batman is closing the gates of hell why not have joker be the one who opened them? plus he's been the main villain of the last 3 why not the finale?

2. Thomas wayne? you know just because arkham knight is a new character doesnt mean he cant be an old character. plus thomas has been around batman a lot recently and hes even in the trailer.

3. lmao alfred. after years of watching bruce slowly kill himself as batman he realizes the only way to get him to stop is to give him an enemy he cant defeat.

4. completely new character

5. since his name is arkham maybe hes related to the arkham ghost from asylum?

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By VanderSEXXX

I could also suspect that this maybe Jean Paul Valley or Azrael's rehash from his Knightquest design or (wishful thinking) Talon. But then again this is just a wild guess as it can also be an entirely new villain not seen in the current Bat lore we know of.

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: I dont think it'll be a talon, but I do hope that the court makes an appearance in this game.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrisj_1: It's a tie-in to the (better be) upcoming Superman game :D

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@chrisj_1 said:

Azrael seems to be speaking of something a bit bigger than a single man's vendetta in my opinion. Possibly something cataclysmic and because of that I've been assuming it's related to Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins.

He's going to take over the gang and unravel a plot that just has to be way bigger than simply destroying Bruce Wayne's life. Mind you this has to coincide with some prophecy thought up by the Order of St. Dumas. If it's just about Bruce then why the hell would they care?

The Azrael in the Arkham game is Michael Lane of the Order of Purity, not Jean Paul Valley of the order of St. Dumas. Huge difference between the two. One's a computer geek, one's a former cop. One was Batman and defeated Bane (numerous times) one did not.

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chrisj_1

@azrael_online said:

@chrisj_1 said:

The Azrael in the Arkham game is Michael Lane of the Order of Purity, not Jean Paul Valley of the order of St. Dumas. Huge difference between the two. One's a computer geek, one's a former cop. One was Batman and defeated Bane (numerous times) one did not.

I'm aware but have you ever watched the scene? "You will come to know me as Azrael, loyal servant of the Order of Saint Dumas."

Michael Lane in the Arkhamverse works for the Order of St. Dumas. Essentially Rocksteady made him a mix of both versions like they did with Clayface and a few other characters in the games.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@jayc1324 said:

Well they said its a new villian so using Thomas Elliot wouldn't really be a new villian

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@chrisj_1:

wow...that really sucks. That's why you have so many people who are getting into Batman through the games but realize that there's a difference between the characters. That's like not knowing there have been a few Robin's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
    deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Todd? Could he be a spin on Red Hood?

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My theories (not that they're all good ideas, just stuff I see happening."

It's Jason Todd (Lame I know)

It's Thomas Elliot (Kind of obvious, but still ok)

It's Michael Lane or Jean Paul Valley (doubtful but possible.)

It's Lincoln March (far fetched but maybe.)

MY FAVORITE: It's a result of Scarecrow's fear gas.

Hear me out: If the Knight is not the main villan, but a more supporting villan, this makes the most sense and could actually be genius. In the wake of almost letting himself kill Joker at the end of city, Batman might be having some serious doubt about his own goodness (also remember Strange trying to get in his head and convince him he was responsible for all the villains existing. He could be reaching a point where his worst fear is a "militarized" version of himself. He could associate this with Arkham Asylum (hence the "Arkham" Knight") because he fears he might truly belong in the asylum with the rest of them. I think it would be cool if you had multiple gas sequences like "Asylum," and each one was a increasingly difficult boss battle with the Knight, who has all the abilities and strength of Batman.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hear me out: If the Knight is not the main villan, but a more supporting villan, this makes the most sense and could actually be genius. In the wake of almost letting himself kill Joker at the end of city, Batman might be having some serious doubt about his own goodness (also remember Strange trying to get in his head and convince him he was responsible for all the villains existing. He could be reaching a point where his worst fear is a "militarized" version of himself. He could associate this with Arkham Asylum (hence the "Arkham" Knight") because he fears he might truly belong in the asylum with the rest of them. I think it would be cool if you had multiple gas sequences like "Asylum," and each one was a increasingly difficult boss battle with the Knight, who has all the abilities and strength of Batman.

That actually makes sense.

Countbaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Countbaron

Did Arkham Knight can be some character from previous three games ? Maybe some henchman, thug, guard, police officer... doctor... Nonexistent character of DC universe... just character made for game...

Or.... Arkham Knight - Arkham Amadeus... his... grandson ?

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Aren't the Gates Of Gotham The Giant Bridges?

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DylanOfEarth2

but how would it work in the comics?

GothamBane42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be the last Arkham game, they don't really follow the Comics besides for some villains also they said they will release alot of DLC's for it.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DarthAznable

Has to be Jason Todd. Just look at him. Or watch it be...ready for the superdupermega plot twist? DICK GRAYSON!!! xD

Klad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Jason Todd. Too many similarities to not be Jason.

I doubt it's Azrael; he came off more as a 'deliverer of a message' rather than a villain.

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By chrisj_1

@klad said:

I'm going with Jason Todd. Too many similarities to not be Jason.

I doubt it's Azrael; he came off more as a 'deliverer of a message' rather than a villain.

The Arkham Knight has his own army with remote controlled tanks I don't think Jason Todd's rich enough for that. We don't know enough about the Arkham Knight to know if there are any similarities besides the fact that he uses guns and mocks Batman bro we haven't even heard him talk.

So far what we actually know about the Arkham Knight is that he's some kind of mercenary he's supposedly been hired by Scarecrow as an armorer and enforcer he's got money seeing as how he's got an army of drone tanks at his disposal and he's got some connection to Arkham and to Batman. He's got to have some more significance to the plot than being Scarecrow's henchman and I'm almost positive he's going to have some connection to Azrael's prophecy (but that much is just me speculating)

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if it's a robot being controlled by Damian Wayne

MyScreen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

its jason todd!

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its Red Riding Hood !!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.