Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman: Arkham Knight, Joker returns?

DJPrince831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By DJPrince831

Poll Batman: Arkham Knight, Joker returns? (45 votes)

Yes he will, and he should. 7%
    No he will not, but he should. 7%
    Yes he will, but he shouldn't. 22%
    No he not, and he shouldn't. 64%

Now I know there is already a topic dedicated to the discussion of the game. But I thought the discussion of a possible Joker return deserves it's own topic. I think there are more reasons for them to bring the Joker back then not.

I'll start off by saying, I think it was a mistake using the Joker as the main antagonist (or at least co-antagonist) in every game. I understand using him for Asylum, I can't think of a great superhero video game, other than the Arkham games, and if you're gonna aim for great, then you might as well use your big guns. Now this is where it gets a little questionable, even though City was a great game, I think they could have left Joker out, maybe use him as a teaser at the end, or a "find an easter egg" like they did with scarecrow. Then they went to Origins, and by now I was sick of Joker as the main antagonist, even though I love him, it got a bit old. But it was Origins, and Joker has been the first supervillain to Batman, so they had to do it. Now we come to Arkham Knight...

What do they do? Yes Joker is dead as far as we know. Do they keep him dead, plenty of reason to as I just explained. Do they bring him back in the way I think they should have in City, as an easter egg? Maybe they bring him back as a kind of cloak and dagger, he's been there pulling the strings, and you don't find out till the last chapter of the game. Or do they just release a trailer and near the end they show us something we know to be Joker's M.O, like a dead citizen with a giant smile, and it fades to black with Jokers sadistic laugh.

Maybe they just keep him dead as I stated, I mean he did seem pretty dead to me in City. But I don't think so, remember this is rocksteady's last game with Batman, I bet they are going to bring out all the stops they can think of, playing ability, gadgets, story, etc. and just how they started with the strongest villain, I think they will feel compelled to end with him. The only problem I can think of with that theory is how do they end it then, do they bring Joker back only to kill him again, that would seem weird, do they bring him back, then we just lock him, that seems slightly anticlimactic compared to City. But maybe Batman and Joker will die together.

But what do you think? Do they bring him back? Or do they let him R.I.P? Why? or Why not?

• 
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I don't think he'll actually be there, and he shouldn't be.

I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up shortly in a dream/hallucinatory sequence though.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope he's not in AK.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At one way... look this ! This is trilogy... every trilogy have one main boss of that trilogy, if is main boss in last two games Joker -as main boss of trilogy - he will back - he have to back !!! If he is not that main boss of trilogy, then he will not back :D

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No clue if he is going to be there but I hope not, so sick of Joker.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God I hope not.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind if he had a small role, or a cameo appearance, which was voiced by Mark Hamill. Only because Mark Hamill's Joker is awesome.

I would be very annoyed if he has a starring role though. Origins could have actually been great if they had stuck to what they had advertised, Black Mask being the main villain sending assassins after the Bat. But no, they had to turn it into a Joker story.

DJPrince831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At one way... look this ! This is trilogy... every trilogy have one main boss of that trilogy, if is main boss in last two games Joker -as main boss of trilogy - he will back - he have to back !!! If he is not that main boss of trilogy, then he will not back :D

That's a decent point, but it would only be a trilogy for Rocksteady, not for the Arkham games, this is the fourth installment. But the fact that this is the last Arkham game, and Joker has been the main antagonist for the first three, like you pointed out, he's the main boss, so more reason why he would be back as the main antagonist for Arkham Knight.

Theory, the new villain Arkham Knight, he is supposed to have an A on his chest, same A as the one from Arkham Asylum. Joker usually leaves hints and clues to the Dark Knight that it's him. Chronologically it may not be the Dark Knight's first encounter with the Joker, but it was our first encounter with the Joker, so I could see that as a bit of a call back. The villain Arkham Knight is either the Joker or working for the Joker. But it's just a theory.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No and he shouldn't. He's already been the main villain for the past 3 games, put him to rest already!

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Really depends how they bring him back.

I can't think of any GOOD way to bring him back, so unless they've got some neat tricks up their sleeves, I would say nah.

Jmarshmallow

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By PunyParker
    Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Anjales_II

They already confirmed that Joker's dead. That's it. Now while I don't think that he'll somehow return, I do believe that he will have a presence in this game. The Joker had laid out some plans before he died, and those plans are going to be executed by Harley or some of his henchmen. I'd figure it;ll be one of the side quests in this game where Joker left Batman with some messages and recordings. I just have a hard time seeing a huge Batman Game like Arkham Knight not involving Joker in any way. He's dead and he should stay that way, but depite this he managed to still make things hard for Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already said he is dead dead. He's not coming back and he shouldn't. He's dead guys. They said it themselves.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
    redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was fine as the villain for the first two if the trilogy but I want him to be dead. Also someone needs to get Rocksteady working on a Superman or Aqua man game

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
    deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he appears in Arkham Knight, it'll be within some sort of hallucination.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Yes he will, but he shouldn't. (Your vote) 17%"

This ^

I really don't want him to return. Hamill was freaking brilliant all the way through City, and I don't want them messing with that beautiful plot.

Hear that Rocksteady? You mess with City's continuity and you'll find your mom's tongue in a box at your doorstep.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Idk but I chose choice one cause I wouldn't mind it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hamill also said he's done and I don't think rocksteady would do it without him.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

God no

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please no.

Wouldn't it be wack if the Arkham Knight was someone lame, like Calendar Man?

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Valdemocnij

@djprince831:

I don't going to say that i'm smart and that i KNOW, but let think about this...

The end of Arkham city was... almost nonsensical !!! Almost nonsensical !!!

First: Joker have Thalia, and he is crazy if he don't go to disarm her... with that, he will find that she had a cure !!! So... ? Why he don't disarm her ? Where is Harley to say the Joker, ''some crazy chick stole a cure from me'' ! Joker will search did Thalia have a cure !!!

Second: Joker at the end going to be immortal, well... there is no more point about cure !!! Only... if he don't wanna to be cured ? What mean that he is already cured or healthy !!! Because that - what ? He going to make everybody to think that he die !!! Why will Joker first mess with the Bat, and then gonna to be immortal, i guess that is smarter and clever first begun immortal(cured), and then call the Bat !? What the hell ?

Third and finally - This is true - Joker call Batman to rescue Thalia, and... to kill him !? How the hell Joker can kill the Bat, when he cant do that in the titan form !? Only if he wanna that Batman kill him !?

The true is that we miss something in Arkham City... so lets go back to the game, and find clues that joker survive !!! I found something but i am not so sure, until i find more things !!!

About Arkham Knight !!! For sure is not the Joker.... Look a little at Knight helm... i don't know what u will see, but i see that normal human head, can stay in that helm !!!

And yea, sorry about my english :)

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

As much as I love the Joker, he's had his time in the spotlight and it's time for someone else to take up the role of "big bad"

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't get all the Joker fatigue so many people are apparently experiencing. As much as we love the rest of Batman's rogues gallery, the fact of the matter is, Arkham Asylum, City, nor Origins would be anywhere near as good as they are if they starred the freakin' Penguin or Two Face. Joker is the one who gives us the good stories, I personally doubt he'll return in Knight, but if Rocksteady decides that's the way to go to give us the best game possible, then more power to them.

Seriously, would you rather have a near-perfect game like Arkham City with Joker, or a sub-par story in comparison, but hey, at least we can say Joker wasn't in it!

No, obviously the former is the better option.

Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
    RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was literally burnt into ashes.

He's not coming back.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one completely exhausted by Joker in any form of media?

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: How could you be so sure that another member of his rogues gallery wouldn't be as impactful if they weren't given a comparable amount of spotlight. It's also fair to mention that a lot of the characters were poorly represented or just briefly touched upon.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I want Joker back. He was like the best character in the Arkham series

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@nox_arc: No you're not. The Joker is a great villain, but Batman has so many other good and interesting rogues that it becomes kinda annoying that they use him all the time. I really hope he stays dead in Arkham Knight.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage: Considering that the Arkham series had a lot of homages and/or was continually represented from the Animated series, I think Freeze would've made an incredible antagonist.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nox_arc said:

@nickzambuto: How could you be so sure that another member of his rogues gallery wouldn't be as impactful if they weren't given a comparable amount of spotlight. It's also fair to mention that a lot of the characters were poorly represented or just briefly touched upon.

The proof is in the pudding. Just look at the movies, the games, the shows, and the comics themselves -- the best Batman stories always have the Joker as the main antagonist.

DJPrince831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I've read that Rocksteady has declared Joker is dead, but it was only one or two articles from random websites, so I took with a grain of salt, but did some research and found the video on this web page!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/03/05/revealing-the-story-of-batman-arkham-knight.aspx

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nox_arc said:

The proof is in the pudding. Just look at the movies, the games, the shows, and the comics themselves -- the best Batman stories always have the Joker as the main antagonist.

I respect that opinion but I don't think it's entirely universal. I'm not saying that Joker isn't a great villain, I just believe if a member of his rogues gallery was given an equal opportunity to sit in the spotlight, it'd be a different story.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good God I hope he's not in it, but i'm sure he will be. The Arkham series seems to love pimping out the Joker like no other.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want joker to be the main villain. Nor do I want him to be a part of the campaign. I have a feeling that he will be the main villain in the nightmare missions.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.