Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman: Arkham Knight Discussion

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

@ultrastarkiller said:

That may be true. Idk why Dini left in the first place. Any clue?

He got upset that they didnt ask him to write the DLC ,with Harley...........which is plausible.

That sucks. But hey if they were willing to answer the Harley question without his help, then maybe they'll answer all of the other questions. ;)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

That may be true. Idk why Dini left in the first place. Any clue?

He got upset that they didnt ask him to write the DLC ,with Harley...........which is plausible.

That sucks. But hey if they were willing to answer the Harley question without his help, then maybe they'll answer all of the other questions. ;)

I really hope so,cuz there's a lot of questions.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#553  Edited By Valdemocnij

Warning... spoilers...

No Caption Provided

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#554  Edited By entropy_aegis

@punyparker: So basically he is an unnatural Damian (like the Heretic) because he is the clone of Batman and Talia? Seriously he is extremely similar to Damian and the Heretic. At the begining Damian was jelous of the relationship between Bruce and Tim because Tim was Robin (and his adoptive son). Also the Heretic believes himself to be a repleacement of the original Batman (a better one). So he is identically to those two characters. I don´t buy it, I think that those spoilers are lies. Even Geoff Jonhs can be that uncreative (I know he hates Batman but the guy has good ideas when he writes other characters).

The Arkham Knight is an incredibly unoriginal character based on design and purpose alone, he becomes even more unoriginal regardless of whatever theory you hear.

I have a feeling this theory is correct,for starters that A on his chest could also refer to A.R.G.U.S, secondly the voice speaking to AK on the helicopter radio seemed as if it belonged to Bane,if either he or Deathstroke especially are confirmed then the rest of the spoilers will fall in place automatically. Just hope Rocksteady does Bane justice this time. The plot is good but AK is an incredibly derivative character.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555  Edited By Black_Arrow

@black_arrow said:

@punyparker: So basically he is an unnatural Damian (like the Heretic) because he is the clone of Batman and Talia? Seriously he is extremely similar to Damian and the Heretic. At the begining Damian was jelous of the relationship between Bruce and Tim because Tim was Robin (and his adoptive son). Also the Heretic believes himself to be a repleacement of the original Batman (a better one). So he is identically to those two characters. I don´t buy it, I think that those spoilers are lies. Even Geoff Jonhs can be that uncreative (I know he hates Batman but the guy has good ideas when he writes other characters).

The Arkham Knight is an incredibly unoriginal character based on design and purpose alone, he becomes even more unoriginal regardless of whatever theory you hear.

I have a feeling this theory is correct,for starters that A on his chest could also refer to A.R.G.U.S, secondly the voice speaking to AK on the helicopter radio seemed as if it belonged to Bane,if either he or Deathstroke especially are confirmed then the rest of the spoilers will fall in place automatically. Just hope Rocksteady does Bane justice this time. The plot is good but AK is an incredibly derivative character.

The voice that spoke to the Arkham Knight to me it seemed like Scarecrow, but I couldn´t hear it too well (I hope that the true Bane makes an appearance). Yeah I think that The AK will be unoriginal character, I mean you can´t come up with too many new things if the purpose of the character is to be a Batman clone (not literally speaking).

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still I don´t know where Hush and Azrael will fit in all this.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#557  Edited By Valdemocnij

@black_arrow:

Side quest :P

And about that clon... how many clones we already know from Batman universe... is Heretic - Damian clone, is Terry - Batman son-clone, did Joker had clon ? Batzaro isn't he some version of clone? I think that and Dick had a clone ! Isn't that enough... of clones... why, why, why one more ? WHY ?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#558  Edited By entropy_aegis

@black_arrow said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@black_arrow said:

The voice that spoke to the Arkham Knight to me it seemed like Scarecrow, but I couldn´t hear it too well (I hope that the true Bane makes an appearance). Yeah I think that The AK will be unoriginal character, I mean you can´t come up with too many new things if the purpose of the character is to be a Batman clone (not literally speaking).

Possible and Dini's gone,so forget Hush.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot about Hush, he needs to be in this game too

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really hope that Hush is more of a side mission in this game. He sucks way too much for me to accept him cluttering up the main narrative. There are so many more better characters they could use for that.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I really hope that Hush is more of a side mission in this game. He sucks way too much for me to accept him cluttering up the main narrative. There are so many more better characters they could use for that.

@jayc1324 said:

I forgot about Hush, he needs to be in this game too

They said a while back hush is gonna be in the game

amoretpax199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to drive the Batmobile.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565  Edited By batzilla

+1

Anzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566  Edited By Anzid

I am truly excited for this game but pretty pissed of that the amazon.com exclusive limited edition is only available for PS4 and Xbox One. At first I was annoyed that they were creating the Arkham Knight, but it is being created by Geoff freaking Johns, this guy wrote Blackest Night!!

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for harlequinofhearts
    HarlequinOfHearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anzid said:

I am truly excited for this game but pretty pissed of that the amazon.com exclusive limited edition is only available for PS4 and Xbox One. At first I was annoyed that they were creating the Arkham Knight, but it is being created by Geoff freaking Johns, this guy wrote Blackest Night!!

Dude, you're not the only one who is scared because Geoff Johns co-created the Arkham Knight.

Anzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anzid said:

Dude, you're not the only one who is scared because Geoff Johns co-created the Arkham Knight.

Not scared... Excited, he is a great writer. He wrote Blackest Night, Flashpoint, Batman: Earth One, Infinite Crisis and the list goes on

Avatar image for harlequinofhearts
    HarlequinOfHearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anzid said:

@harlequinofhearts said:

@anzid said:

Not scared... Excited, he is a great writer. He wrote Blackest Night, Flashpoint, Batman: Earth One, Infinite Crisis and the list goes on

I personally don't find him to be a great writer when it comes to Batman, but I did enjoy his run on Aquaman and Flashpoint. So to me, Arkham Knight (As a Character) is going to be hit or miss. So thats why I'm scared ;)

Anzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571  Edited By Anzid

@anzid said:

@harlequinofhearts said:

@anzid said:

I personally don't find him to be a great writer when it comes to Batman, but I did enjoy his run on Aquaman and Flashpoint. So to me, Arkham Knight (As a Character) is going to be hit or miss. So thats why I'm scared ;)

Fair enough, and it is true he has never made a DC character...

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I really hope that Jason will have some alternate costumes like his New 52 suit.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573  Edited By PunyParker
    Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to get this game.

Nightwing_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope we can do a whole "Strike fear in the hearts of criminals" thingy. Your actions and how you deal with criminals (abusive or compassionate; frightening or inspiring) affect how you are seen to Gotham's criminals and people! Probably not happening in this game though. ONE DAY! ONE DAY!!!!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if Azrael will be returning?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that he will appear because of Scarecrow Ilusions. Batman might feel guilty of the death of the Joker.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that he will appear because of Scarecrow Ilusions. Batman might feel guilty of the death of the Joker.

My thoughts exactly.
    And we will know he lives or something,but then it will all be Crane.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Naw I truly believe in the very end joker will return

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly still think the Arkham Knight is Jason Todd even though the devs say he isn't and there is DLC for him.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is DLC for him.

That's why he isn't.......In City Dick had a DLC,and he didnt even talk.....

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#583  Edited By OrangeBat

@punyparker said:

@darthaznable said:

there is DLC for him.

Which I always found odd, since he had an ACTUAL VOICE ACTOR listed for him.

Like, what's the point if he's not gonna speak?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@darthaznable said:

there is DLC for him.

Which I always found odd, since he had an ACTUAL VOICE ACTOR listed for him.

Like, what's the point if he's not gonna speak?

Dunno

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I like Arkham City and Arkham Asylum but I like Arkham Origins more because of the story. I hope they write Arkham Knight like WB Montreal did with Origins because more stuff happened, nothing happened in Arkham city except getting poisoned and the end with Joker and Hugo Strange, and they didn't over sexualize there characters. Origins villains were also better written and weren't just cameos, Two face was barley in it and the Bane characterization was a lot better in Origins.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Arkham City and Arkham Asylum but I like Arkham Origins more because of the story. I hope they write Arkham Knight like WB Montreal did with Origins because more stuff happened, nothing happened in Arkham city except getting poisoned and the end with Joker and Hugo Strange, and they didn't over sexualize there characters. Origins villains were also better written and weren't just cameos, Two face was barley in it and the Bane characterization was a lot better in Origins.

I'm curious; what did you like about the story?

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587  Edited By username12345

@takeluutzen: I appreciate you asking instead of just saying something like "WB sucks and City is better" I think Origins was more mature (less swears and female objectification) and I prefer the bane with smarts, skills and honor better then thug bane. I also think there is a lot of plot holes over looked like; why is bane and the other goons not infected by the titan 2.0 formula the way Batman and Joker are? I also think every bad guy and boss served a purpose in Origins but in City more often then not I think most of the bad guys were just cameos. I also think Arkham origins soundtrack is better, if you listen carefully to Arkham City's music it's the same notes only with different intensities. I also feel like rocksteadys boss battle motto was just make every thing big, even the Ras boss battle which is supposed to be a battle of martial arts suffered from this occasionally. I prefer Origins battles especially Bane, Deathstrokes, and Deadshots. In City Jokers plans don't make much sense. I also liked Origins characterization better and how it used my top 4 favorite comic characters Batman, Bane, Joker, and Deathstroke.

I LOVE City and Asylum and MH and KC but Rocksteadys game felt more like the series finale of BTAS while Origins felt like a new Dark Knight Chris Nolan movie.

I am really excited for Arkham Knight and must tip my hats to Rocksteady for starting the series and making the engine but WB Montreal just added on to a great formula with out destroying the foundations.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: You almost convinced me! You have some very good arguments. However, for me, Origins didn't bring anything new to the table after City, when we're talking about the game itself. Going from Asylum to City, the scale, scope and landscape of the game changed. There were some new game-elements being introduced. Arkham Knight is doing this as well with the introduction of the Batmobile. Origins felt, to me, like a expansion of City. Which is fine, but after that short campaign, i was kinda let down by WB Montreal. And Rocksteady gave me two massive games, storytelling-wise, with Asylum and City. Hey, i'm all for superhero-games. But just like the comics i pick up every week, the story has to keep my excited. Origins failed to do that to me. I didn't even like like the way they wrote the Joker, he talked way to poetic. I did like that Killing Joke level, but in the end, it was just walking with a red hooded Joker..

I think we can agree that we're both excited for the Arkham Knight. I personally hope that, since it being the last game from Rocksteady, they go out with a massive bang!!

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589  Edited By username12345

@takeluutzen: I like the respect, a lot of people like to start flame wars on the forum, but every one forgets at the end of the day we're all comic fans.

I think you do have a point except 1) Origins main campaign is 12 City's is only 6 but if you do EVERYTHING they are about even hours 2) Origins map is about + 3x as much as City's. Other then that you do have a point, the leap from City to Asylum is huge but the leap from Origins to City was just a hop. With that being said a lot of fans over look a lot of purely gameplay elements to Origins that make the great 9/10 Arkham game a 10/10.

1) There seemed to be a lot more "mosh pit" battles (fighting 20+ goons) in Origins then in the other one

2) City reused the Joker mill 3 times Origins never reused locations

3) Origins added a lot more gadgets (double claw, shock gloves, ect.)

4) Origins set pieces are a lot more memorable. Replaying the Royal Hotel, final ofer, and GCPD never gets old for me

5) Origins had random encounters and longer side missions

6) Origins leveling system was improved

7) Origins added a lot of enemies for example martial arts goons, new and improved bosses, and enforcers.

8) the boss battles in Origins are tied with Azuras Wrath for bestest boss battles ever. I was giddy as a child after playing the Deatshtroke and bane battles

9) the stealth felt a lot better because the annoying buzzer didn't go off all the time

10) the mad hatter level

Need I continue

For the purpose of discussion what did you not like about Origins?

Interesting that you think Joker talked more poetically, IMO he was in between Hamils dark humor prankster joker and Heath Ledgers slice and dice pure evil joker in terms of writing. I also like the batman vs joker fight more in origins then I did with the other games. I also didn't like how they set up a B rate Batman villain, Hugo Strange, as an awesome secondary antagonist and potential replacement bane in terms of brain power and then did not good stuff to him for making room for the Joker boss battle.

You can bet your bottom I'm excited for Knight. I really hope they give Bane the cure for the titan formula, I would assume that because titan kills bane takes it then works with scarecrow because he wants to get rid of titan. I would guess my theory is correct because in the Arkham Knight Ace chemicals game play a man with a South American accent talked about vengeance and it can't be scarecrow because he isn't South American and it can't be the Arkham Knight because he is played by robo Troy baker. I also think bane is a partner in crime with AK and Scarecrow because they have a South American mercenary army according to Barbra and Bane is the only one who owns one.

I hope Rocksteady passes along the franchise to WB because they left a few questions open like the possibility of a new task force x led by Slade and Bronze tiger and they didn't answer why copper head is a woman.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: Finally, someone i can have a normal discussion with ;) I notice that a lot of your points on Origins is about the game itself, locations, boss battles etc.
    My main concern with Origins was that everything felt more of the same, know what i mean? Correct me if i'm wrong, but in my perception Origins came out relatively short after City, at least it felt like that after played City for so long, with the Revenge of Harley Quinn being released. It felt like i was playing the same game over and over again with Origins. There were a lot of the same battles with goons not so much with actual villains. Most of the villains that were teased as assassins in the trailer, were side quests that were more of the same.
    You said that there was a huge leap between Asylum and City, i agree with that, but that it was made it so much fun! Those were two completely different games in scope and environment, but in the same universe, if you catch my drift..
    Before Origins came out, i was really pumped! They promised me eight assassins, and they kinda let me down, even thought they gave me eight assassins.. After Arkham Knight, i don't really care if Warner Bros shifts the right to WB Montreal. If they continue with the same engine en game-elements, i probably buy the game regardless, but if they do something completely new, that's fine by me as well. But maybe, with the coming of the DC Cinematic Universe, they should focus on a game for a entirely different character.. It's hard to choose which one, for me personally.. Superman would be awesome, but very difficult.. How do you make a game where you are playing God?

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeluutzen:

I will agree with you... At last... Origin look like a some bad dlc of City :)

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeluutzen: I understand and I'm not trying to be a communist I just want people to look at one of my favorite games differently. Origins came out 2 years after City City came out 2-3 years after Asylum. Movie/TV tie ins never end well they will probably start a fresh Batman game, do prequel batman games or do a JLA game with similar multiplayer to Saints Row. Superman games never sold well and almost all batman games are critically acclaimed the lowest scores have been 8-7/10

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#593  Edited By PunyParker
    RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Awesome

Tag people to know you answered.
    YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn that image looks cool.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345 said:

Eh? Hello, Copperhead?

Even Lady Shiva had a backside camera-shot. Don't know what the heck you're talking about.

Besides, what's wrong with it?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker lol

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Hey, can you tag me to stuff Arkham related?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.