Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Arkham Knight Costume Predictions

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Edited By shroudofsorrow

So, with Batman Arkham Knight a little over a month away, I figured now was a good time to start making predictions. More specifically, what alternate costumes will we be getting?

Considering Arkham City and Arkham Origins both had their share of alternate costumes, it's safe to assume we'll be getting quite a few in the final chapter, and even better, we'll be able to wear them right away according to Rocksteady:

So, with that in mind, what costumes will be most likely to appear? Which of the many, many alternate outfits Batman has gotten over the years show up in the game, and for that matter, alternate outfits for Robin, Catwoman, and Nightwing? (Which have also been confirmed). This is me trying to answer that question.

Personally, the costumes I think are mostly likely to appear are:

Batman:

No Caption Provided

Classic/Silver Age: This one's really just a no-brainer. Batman's been wearing the classic gray with blue boots, gloves, mask, cape, and tights since the Silver Age, and it's carried over well into the character's New Earth history. For many, this is the iconic Batman look. Not to mention it's appeared as an alternate costume in other Batman games before, so really, I think this one's a pretty safe bet. Even if the Adam West Batman costume that's already been confirmed does look like it.

No Caption Provided

Arkham Asylum/Arkham City: Another guarantee as far as I'm concerned. This was Batman's outfit in the two previous installments in the trilogy, so it's coming back for Part III as an alternate costume seems like a no-brainer. I'm fully expecting this one to show up again, and if it doesn't, I will be legitimately surprised.

No Caption Provided

Injustice Gods Among Us: The Arkham Asylum/City costume was available in Injustice Gods Among Us as an alternate look, so why not go in the opposite direction? Batman's Injustice costume is pretty awesome, and again, the fact that this was done in the reverse means seeing this costume in Arkham Knight would not be totally implausible.

No Caption Provided

Red Son: It's one of the more well-known Elseworlds stories featuring Batman, and in fairness, it's a pretty dang cool outfit. While the Gotham City in Arkham Knight is not quite as "cold" as it was in Arkham Origins and Arkham City, it would still be a cool costume to wear, and I don't see it's appearing in previous Arkham games as hurting it's changes too badly.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern Batman: Cool, different, and visually stunning (especially if they decide to have a glowing green energy field around him), this is a natural choice for an alternate costume. Especially since we've already gotten a Sinestro Corps costume in previous Arkham games. And it's not like this costume was around for any shorter a period of time. Really, I just think this is a good costume choice. It's being too minor is also not an issue either, since minor costumes have shown up in the Arkham games before. I don't see why this one couldn't happen.

No Caption Provided

Black Lantern Batman: Another Lantern costume, and one that has already appeared in Injustice Gods Among Us. Not seeing why it can't show up in Arkham Knight. It's simple to do, looks cool, and it's something different. Seems like a logical inclusion to me.

No Caption Provided

Sinestro Corps Batman: This one's shown up before, but that doesn't mean it can't show up again. While three different Lantern costumes all in one game may be unlikely, I still wouldn't be averse to all of them showing up. The black and gold looks cool, and fear is of course Batman's weapon of choice. It's also the main villain of the game's MO, so between those two things this is an appropriate costume for the game.

No Caption Provided

Vampire Batman: Considering how well-known an Elseworlds story this one is, I'm kind of surprised the Arkham games haven't used this one before. But hey, first time for everything, right? Really, Batman as a vampire is a concept that's always made a certain kind of sense, and getting to play as him in a video game would be pretty awesome. Those glowing red eyes and extra long bat ears would be sufficiently creepy.

No Caption Provided

Dark Knight Returns Anti-Superman Armor: As the above picture clearly shows, Batman's going to be wearing this armor in the upcoming Batman v. Superman movie, so why not let him wear it in Arkham Knight as well? While fighting Superman in the game's probably not going to happen, that doesn't mean Batman can't still get the opportunity to take this armor for a spin. It's a cool look, and it's also one of the more well-known Elseworlds versions of Batman. We've already seen his TDKR costume, but this is one we still haven't seen in the games yet. Arkham Knight has a perfect opportunity to rectify that.

No Caption Provided

Batman Beyond: Obviously, it would be Bruce and not Terry wearing the suit, but it's just such an awesome Batman costume that it warrants appearing. Sure, it's already appeared in both Arkham City and Arkham Origins, but if anything, it's clear and enduring popularity just justifies including it one last time. It's a fan-favorite, and it should get to be in Part III of the Arkham trilogy.

No Caption Provided

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh: This is just one of those crazy, weird, and "out-there" alternate costumes, but also one that is still known among most Batman fanatics and I think it's inclusion would be appreciated. This costume has already appeared in Lego Batman 3, so why can't it get a chance to appear in Arkham Knight? Sure, a lot of people would say it's a kooky look, but I actually think the purple/red color scheme is pretty awesome. A more colorful Batman to beat up criminals as. And you can't say it's too "out there" either, since again, the Arkham games have included obscure Batman costumes before. And is it really any less goofy than the Adam West Batman outfit that's already been confirmed?

No Caption Provided

Thomas Wayne Batman: Another simple, but effective alternate look for Batman that's fairly well-known at this point. It already featured in Arkham Origins, and with good reason: It's awesome. If not the look pictured above, Thomas Wayne's other Batman costume from Flashpoint will likely be showing up instead. Personally, I'd prefer this one, but either way, I think it's a safe bet that one of Thomas Wayne Batman's costumes will be showing up, especially when one remembers the "Father to Son" trailer that suggests that Batman may be thinking more about his father in this entry.

No Caption Provided

Owlman: Okay, so this one's maybe more wishful thinking, but you can't say it's got no shot of appearing. It's something different to be sure, and it would be fun to wreck criminals as Owlman. Not to mention pit one Anti-Batman against another in the form of an Owlman Vs. Arkham Knight throwdown. Maybe not as likely to appear as some of the others here, but you never know for sure.

No Caption Provided

Gaslight Batman: Another more well-known Elseworlds story with Batman in it, especially thanks to Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse. This costume has shown up once before, but only in Arkham Origins, and only in it's multiplayer mode I believe. Getting to see it in the final installment of the Arkham trilogy would be a nice treat, and one that could well happen. Again, it's one of the more well-known alternate looks for Batman now, and video game players in particular will be more likely to be familiar with it thanks to Infinite Crisis. That, and the juxtaposition of steam-punk/Victorian Era Batman and a very hi-tech (almost near-future) Gotham City would be kind of cool.

No Caption Provided

Speeding Bullets Batman: A Batman who is actually also the Kal-El of that world, which is a fun twist. That, and the costume is a cool one with it's full-face covering mask and Bat symbol that's shaped more like Superman's "S" Shield. I think this one's got a solid shot because it's a Batman costume that has never shown up in an Arkham game before, and thus I think would be more likely to show up in Arkham Knight. Some costumes from previous games will (hopefully) return, as many of my predictions here shows, but I also think it's safe to assume that Arkham Knight will also have some newcomers that haven't been seen before, and this is as good a one as any.

Robin:

No Caption Provided

Arkham City Costume: Like with Batman, having Tim's previous default look in the series return in Arkham Knight as an alternate is just a no-brainer. Especially since this look seemed to be popular too. Not much else to say here.

No Caption Provided

Red Robin (Pre-New 52): This is another look from Arkham City that I think stands a very real chance of coming back. It's an awesome costume, and it's one of Tim Drake's few major, alternate looks. Really, I don't think much more justification than that needs to be given. And if one Red Robin costume is good, why not have...

No Caption Provided

Red Robin (New 52): Tim's New 52 costume is pure awesome, and if the previous Red Robin costume doesn't show up, I think this one almost certainly will. The wings can be like a cape when not gliding, as pictured above, and then whenever he glides he can unleash those awesome wings. Seems like an obvious choice. And it would also be nice to play as Tim with hair again. Not seeing why this one can't or won't happen, especially when Batman's New 52 costume has showed up in the Arkham games before.

No Caption Provided

Burt Ward Robin: It's with this one that I am at serious risk of losing my credibility, I recognize that. But just consider: Adam West's Batman costume has been confirmed for the game, so is it really that much of a stretch to think that Robin might also get his look from that show, corny as it is? Just saying. I think it's a possibility. And it's being Dick Grayson instead of Tim Drake doesn't mean much, because Flashpoint Batman is Thomas Wayne and not Bruce Wayne, and it was still an alternate costume for Bruce Wayne Batman. Really, I think this look showing up is possible.

Tim's Classic Robin Costumes: Both the red and black and red and green costumes stand a very good chance of showing up, I think. They are Tim Robin's classic looks after all, and Batman's classic looks have been depicted in the Arkham series before. Now that Robin's getting a larger role, I think it's safe to say that these can and likely will show up.

No Caption Provided

Thrillkiller: As I've said many times above, the Arkham games are not afraid of including little-known costumes and outfits from Elseworlds, and this fits the bill. It's different looking but still distinctly Robin, and it would be interesting and cool to see it in the game. Of all the different Elseworlds Robin costumes there are (not that there are many to begin with), this seems to me like one of the ones most likely to appear. Along with...

No Caption Provided

Robin 3000: Another minor Elseworlds story, but it does have one of the more distinct alternate Robin costumes out there. It's a cool look, and I think that it's got about as good a shot of showing up as Thrillkiller Robin does. It depends on how deep into DC's history Rocksteady's willing to go, but I think they've long since proven that they're willing to dig pretty darn deep.

Catwoman:

No Caption Provided

Knightfall/1990s Purple Costume: Catwoman's skintight black leather catsuit may be her most widely recognized and iconic look these days (and also my personal favorite), but for most of her character history this was not so. In the 1990s, this costume reigned supreme, and it's still the preferred look for her for a lot of fans to this very day. It's got enough notoriety and a following that it was included as an alternate look in Infinite Crisis (pictured above), so I don't see why it can't be in Arkham Knight as well. It's a solid look (even if it's not my favorite), and again, it's popular and well-known. Really, much like Batman's classic blue and gray, this one just makes sense as far as alternate costumes go.

No Caption Provided

Golden Age/Silver Age Catwoman: Another one of her more iconic and distinct outfits. Yeah, most people don't take it seriously anymore, but it is iconic, and purely based on that I think it's got a good chance. As I said right above, Batman's Silver Age costume has shown up in the Arkham games previously and likely will again, so why can't Catwoman get her Silver Age look?

No Caption Provided

Arkham City, Armored Edition: Much like how Batman and Robin's costumes from previous Arkham games are almost guaranteed to return, so too do I think this one's got a good shot at coming back, especially since Batman's Arkham Knight default costume looks a bit like his Armored Edition costume. Not to mention that those of us who never played the mobile version of Arkham City lost out on the chance to wear this costume. But if it returns in Arkham Knight, console gamers can finally get the chance to take it for a spin. Just seems like a logical choice to me.

No Caption Provided

Injustice Gods Among Us: Has a shot for the same reasons as Batman's IGAU costume. My hopes for this one are particularly high, as this along with her Arkham City costume is one of my very favorite of Catwoman's many looks.

No Caption Provided

Julie Newmar Catwoman: Same reasons as Burt Ward Robin. If Adam West Batman is getting his chance in the video game spotlight, then surely the sultry (and revered) Julie Newmar take on Catwoman can get a chance as well?

Nightwing:

No Caption Provided

Arkham City Costume: Likely to return for the same reasons Arkham City Batman and Robin are almost guaranteed to return.

No Caption Provided

Classic Black and Blue: Yes, it looks very similar to the costume he's got by default, and also the above Arkham City costume, but there is the slight difference of the bird image on the front, and really, it's just iconic. It's for many people Nightwing's definitive look, and I feel that that alone gives it a good chance of showing up.

No Caption Provided

1990s Glider Suit: A classic Nightwing costume showing up is almost certainly going to happen, and if forced to choose between this and his horrendous Disco look from the 1970s, I suspect they will probably be more likely to go with this one. And we did already get Azrael's Batman costume as an alternate skin, and that debuted at around the same time this look did. So who knows? Maybe it will show up. It certainly stands a decent chance. But probably not quite as good a chance as...

No Caption Provided

New 52: The red variant of Nightwing's iconic black and blue is such an easy alternate look that it's hard to see Rocksteady not going for it. Especially when it's one of Nightwing's more major and well-known alternate looks as well. Really, I just see this as a natural choice.

No Caption Provided

Agent Grayson: Dick Grayson's look ever since he got tortured right out of his Nightwing role, a decision I was overall not in favor of. However, it's an alternate look that's something different, and is also minor enough that it shows off knowledge, but major enough that any serious Batman fan will recognize it. A bit more bland then Dick's other outfits, but even so, I can see this being an alternate costume for him all the same.

No Caption Provided

Injustice Gods Among Us: Another slight variation of Nightwing's classic black and blue, and having pretty much the same likelihood of showing up as Batman and Catwoman's IGAU costumes. Not much else to say here.

No Caption Provided

Renegade: Another good alternate costume choice due to 1) Looking cool, 2) Being something different, and 3) Showing off good knowledge of Nightwing's character history. Really, I don't know what else you need besides that.

So, that's all my predictions. Do you think they're reasonable? Did I miss any looks that you think have a good chance of showing up, or where some of my predictions perhaps too out of left field?

Also note, this is supposed to be educated guesses, not so much deciding what outfits I'd most want to see (although, the two things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive!)

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Cool.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: If even half of these costumes show up, yeah it would be. Here's holding out hope.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm sure most of the costumes that were in arkham city will be in arkham knightknight, as the alternate costumes are going to be unlocked from the start.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_harlequin: Yeah, I think so too. After all, why deny those outfits the chance to show up again for the grand finale? Especially when so many of them are among his more well-known well looks (like Batman Beyond and 70s Batman).

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool list. I'm sure Harley and maybe red hood will get skins too

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamwrath: Yes, I've seen that one be suggested elsewhere too. It's definitely a possibility too, just because of the obscurity but simultaneously relevance of it.

I do think it's kind of ironic how it looks so much like Tim Drake's later Robin costume though.

@jayc1324 said:

Cool list. I'm sure Harley and maybe red hood will get skins too

Thank you, and yes it is likely. Should probably make predictions for them too...

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

It turns out, I was partially right about the Batman Beyond suit. It is coming back, but with a new redesign for it, and it's also (to my bitterness) a pre-order exclusive. Regardless, here's the picture:

No Caption Provided

And, Batman's non-armored TDKR costume is also making a comeback. Nice.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I've seen both of those videos. Seems a bit unnecessary to put them here though, since neither of them deal with what costumes Batman and co. will be wearing in the game.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: I've seen both of those videos. Seems a bit unnecessary to put them here though, since neither of them deal with what costumes Batman and co. will be wearing in the game.

GAH, sorry wrong thread, i apoligise.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zaied

Nice to see Batman Beyond is back, but one of the movie suits has to be in. TDK suit would probably make the most sense since it's pretty damn close to the Arkham Knight suit.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Dawn of Justice suit released for free like the Batman Inc. suit in City as we get closer to the launch of the film.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

Nice to see Batman Beyond is back, but one of the movie suits has to be in. TDK suit would probably make the most sense since it's pretty damn close to the Arkham Knight suit.

@zaied said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Dawn of Justice suit released for free like the Batman Inc. suit in City as we get closer to the launch of the film.

This seems like a greater possibility, although it's similarity to the already-confirmed TDKR costume could hurt it's chances. More likely, we might see the Anti-Superman armor instead (though that may also just be wishful thinking on my part).

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, now that the game has been out for some time, let's see how many of my predictions came true:

• Classic/Silver Age: Confirmed
    • Arkham Asylum/Arkham City Batsuit: Confirmed
    • Injustice Gods Among Us: Yet to appear
    • Red Son Costume: Yet to appear
    • Green Lantern Batman: Yet to appear
    • Black Lantern Batman: Yet to appear
    • Sinestro Corps Batman: Yet to appear
    • Vampire Batman: Yet to appear
    • TDKR Anti-Superman Armor: Yet to appear
    • Batman Beyond: Confirmed...sort of
    • Batman of Zur-En-Arrh: Confirmed
    • Thomas Wayne Batman: Confirmed (but sadly inaccessible to Xbox One players like me)
    • Owlman: Yet to appear
    • Gaslight Batman: Yet to appear
    • Speeding Bullets Batman: Yet to appear
    • Arkham City Robin: Yet to appear
    • Pre New 52 Red Robin: Yet to appear
    • New 52 Red Robin: Yet to appear
    • Burt Ward Robin: Confirmed
    • Red and Black Costume Tim Drake Robin: Confirmed
    • Red and Green Costume Tim Drake Robin: New 52 variant used
    • Thrillkiller Robin: Yet to appear
    • Robin 3000: Yet to appear
    • 1990s Catwoman: Confirmed
    • Golden/Silver Age Catwoman: Yet to appear
    • Arkham City Armored Edition Catwoman: Yet to appear
    • IGAU Catwoman: Yet to appear
    • Julie Newmar Catwoman: Confirmed
    • Arkham City Nightwing: Confirmed
    • Classic Black and Blue Nightwing: Yet to appear
    • 1990s Glider Suit Nightwing: Yet to appear
    • New 52 Nightwing: Confirmed
    • Agent Grayson: Yet to appear
    • IGAU Nightwing: Yet to appear
    • Renegade: Yet to appear

And that's where it stands right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.