Batman: Arkham City Will Have More Challenging 'Plus' Mode and Music Soundtrack

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

This fall is a big one for both video game enthusiasts and Batman fans alike considering the release of Rocksteady and WB's Batman: Arkham City video game. While we can't speak for everyone, we are pretty sure that most Batman fans really enjoyed the first game and probably can't wait for the release of the sequel, Batman: Arkham City.

However, as good as that first game was a lot of people felt it was pretty easy to beat -- even on "hard mode;" and apparently that isn't something that had been overlooked by Batman: Arkham City game developers when they were creating the new game. According to Rocksteady's European Community Manager Sarah Wellock, Batman: Arkham City will feature an all new "game plus" mode which will be unlocked after the completion of the game in either "normal" or "hard" mode. The new "plus" mode will introduce more challenging adversaries and will make the game the second time around a bit more challenging to complete. Rocksteady revealed more details about this new "plus" mode which you can find below.

== TEASER ==

Batman: Arkham City is rated Teen and will be released on October 18th, 2011 for the Playstation 3, Microsoft Windows, OnLive, Wii U, and the X-Box 360. Are you going to be picking it up?

There will also be a soundtrack available on October 4 for you to rock out to. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, WaterTower Music and DC Entertainment have announced the album featuring new music will be available to the North American release date of the game.

Check out the track listing below:

1. Panic! At The Disco - Mercenary

2. Coheed and Cambria - Deranged

3. The Duke Spirit - Creature

4. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Shadow On The Run

5. Blaqk Audio - Afterdark

6. The Raveonettes - Oh, Stranger

7. ††† (Crosses) - The Years

8. The Damned Things - Trophy Widow

9. Daughtry - Drown In You

10. The Boxer Rebellion - Losing You

11. Serj Tankian - Total Paranoia

*Bonus Collector’s Edition track

12. A Place to Bury Strangers - In The Shadow

Source: Batman Arkham City

#1 Posted by zero3 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for this game. It's going to be soooo good

#2 Posted by Zinc (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, I'm fairly sure it's not going to be rated M. The last game was T.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

so damn glad i pre-ordered this game.

#4 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

That is one awesome soundtrack

#5 Posted by entee (54 posts) - - Show Bio

New game plus seems really cool. For me, the only let down is the soundtrack.

#6 Posted by tiger26 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

rocksteady changed my pov on batman games if only they could undo the nitemare of all the superman games

#7 Edited by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the plus mode, I would like to see how everything works after maxing them out.

#8 Posted by king claw (71 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zinc said:

Um, I'm fairly sure it's not going to be rated M. The last game was T.

In the ESRB site is rated T
#9 Posted by danhimself (22308 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to play this...so excited

#10 Posted by SammyGabryl (84 posts) - - Show Bio

COHEED & CAMBRIA!!!!! Claudio Sanchez rules!!!! Can't wait for the soundtrack... and the game looks good too.

#11 Posted by CrimsonTempest (307 posts) - - Show Bio

More challenging difficulty in my Arkham City? Count me in!!

#12 Posted by ninjacommando (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Color me excited!

#13 Posted by NightFang (9907 posts) - - Show Bio
@zero3 said:
Can't wait for this game. It's going to be soooo good
#14 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Knew about this lol.

#15 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

A new game plus mode would be awesome. That was a complaint I had about the first Arkham Asylum. They make you work for all this cool stuff, but you hardly get to enjoy it all. It's just going to be so hard to choose between this and Uncharted 3.

#16 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, but I really want to know about the alternate skins! So far we only know how to get them in the UK. I have to know where to preorder it so I don't end up with TDKR costume instead of the Batman Beyond one >< 

(This is still pretty awesome news though)

#17 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosh I so need to update my console so I can get this.  I want it...so much...

#18 Posted by slick23 (460 posts) - - Show Bio

So I have to buy this game and a bunch of Batman issues coming up, DC is killing my wallet right now!

#19 Posted by UpUpAndAway (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool. Nice soundtrack!

#20 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I going to play it? H*LL YEAH!

#21 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio
...And then, there will be New Game -
If you lose to many times and can't move past chapter 1, the game will start anew. Where you'll play as Superman, can fly around, see through anything and go straight to the final boss.

XD
#22 Posted by Ultimate_MiracleMan (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Soundtrack i couldn't care about, but New game plus sounds awesome

#23 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14408 posts) - - Show Bio

Game will be great , the soundtrack is terrible though.  I guess i will turn the music off at the menu and just have sound affects and voice acting.  Look foward to some hard as hell challenges

#24 Posted by xfanthom--DEF (5 posts) - - Show Bio

>>>>>>>>>>> hi people. 

I am  donating  this free profile.  anyone interested ?  I have other  profiles  and I can not  cancel.  interested , send me  message<<<<<<<<<<<<
#25 Posted by Dirty__1 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

As ashamed as I am to say it I still gotta finish up the first one. When your PS3 goes out it's not exactly cheap to replace. Then finding time to play is another story. All that aside I'm getting this one for sure.

#26 Posted by -Vigil- (380 posts) - - Show Bio

The first game was amazing (I bought it on OnLive for 69 cents!), and the second looks to be even better. I mean, it's got Tim Drake, so it's already better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.