Batman: Arkham City sequel ideas

  • 81 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry if this has been done before. I just got done playing Batman: Arkham City (please no comments asking why I just finished it, I didn't start playing until April.) and loved it. I started thinking of ideas for a sequel. I was wondering if anyone else had ideas. Here is what I have so far for the story:

Scarecrow main villain. Combined Fear Gas with Titan formula.

A New gang was starts between Two-face and Black Mask.

Harley Quinn attempts to gain revenge on Batman for Joker's death.

Bane returns, now combining Titan with his venom.

Hush replaces Bruce Wayne, ruining Bruce's reputation.

And, here are things that have haven't worked out the details for:

Man-bat as a villain.

Ventriloquist and Scarface as villains.

Ra's A Ghul forms some sort of alliance with Scarecrow.

For gameplay, here's what I came up with:

Ability to drive batmobie.

New weapons (don't have any ideas however. Maybe grenades)

Also, Robin is a playable character

And, the Harley Quinn revenge thing that was released Tuesday would be non canon here.

What does everyone think of my ideas? What are your ideas?

#2 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a thought....Have Jason Todd in it.

#3 Edited by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

Here's a thought....Have Jason Todd in it.

Neat idea. Any suggestions for his role in the story?

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd/Red Hood would be cool...

#5 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Good ideas! not to keen on HQ's revenge not being canon.

I'd like to be able to play as all the robins ( Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian, Steph brown?)

New 52 suits available.

You don't die when you touch water, now there's an idea!

#6 Posted by _Zombie_ (10391 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I think they maybe need to try and start moving away from Titan. It's been in two games now, if the series goes to Gotham, they need to think up something bigger than re-using Titan again.

Online
#7 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Eh, I think they maybe need to try and start moving away from Titan. It's been in two games now, if the series goes to Gotham, they need to think up something bigger than re-using Titan again.

That's why Scarecrow combined it with Fear Gas. Fear titan!

#8 Posted by _Zombie_ (10391 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Still Titan in some way or shape. I'm saying that titan needs to be completely removed from the formula.

Online
#9 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

No Scarecrow with all the hints to him in Arkham city?

#10 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarecrow, Hush, and the return of Ra's and Talia. Or maybe they should use Nyssa.

#11 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Scarecrow is okay...I would save him as a secret boss...not in main storyline. Like you go to a area and follow a sideplot and he is the boss to end. WAIT! I got it...he gets dosed by Scarecrow in the beginning of the game and the entire plot is based on a fear of Batman's...loosing Robin and having Ra's Al Ghul start winning...after that plot is complete you get to play Robin(Jason Todd) who saves Batman and beats up Scarecrow.

Neat.

#12 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Bringing Ra's back allied with Jason (as Red Hood) would provide some fun interaction between Bruce and Jason. Having Nightwing, Tim (Red Robin) and Damian as playable in world characters would be fun. They would only need one or two missions each, just so long as when the game is over I can explore the environment as them.

It looks to me like they will incorporate Azrael into the sequel in some way. Perhaps he can aid Bats against Ra's and another villain

#13 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

batman arkham country

#14 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

batman arkham country

Arkham planet, Batman in Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace !

#15 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@TheCannon said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Scarecrow is okay...I would save him as a secret boss...not in main storyline. Like you go to a area and follow a sideplot and he is the boss to end. WAIT! I got it...he gets dosed by Scarecrow in the beginning of the game and the entire plot is based on a fear of Batman's...loosing Robin and having Ra's Al Ghul start winning...after that plot is complete you get to play Robin(Jason Todd) who saves Batman and beats up Scarecrow.

Neat.

Thought you'd like it.

I do. To me, they have to have Scarecrow in a sequel. And while I've never been a big Ra's fan, I do think you have to have him.

#16 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Be careful of what you wish for...

#17 Posted by _Zombie_ (10391 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can say I want for sure is that it has to take place in all of Gotham. The massive change in scale from Asylum to City was definitely good. I'd like to see that continue into the next game.

Online
#18 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

Be careful of what you wish for...

The moment I saw that, I was saying to myself "Please be real, please be real, please be real! It's not real. Or is it!"

#19 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio
  • The Black Glove
  • Jason
  • Damian (Not likely but i'd like it if he were in it)
#20 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

I just had an idea for the sequel. A special villain mode. After beating the game, you can play the game under villain mode, where you pick one of the villains, and play the game from their point of view. For and example, we'll go with my Two-face vs Black Mask gang war idea. You pick Twoface, and you're leading all of your thugs against Black Mask while trying to kill Batman.

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Throw out the idea of continuous returning villains and use some new ones. Hush should be one of, if not, the main villain of the third game. Harley's bit was already resolved in the latest DLC and it tied up nicely.

  • Two-Face should have a bigger role as should Mr.Freeze (even if Batman and Freeze were on good terms)
  • Bane deserves a good return
  • Red Hood could be an interesting villain
  • Robin and Nightwing have bigger roles
  • Guest appearance from Superman
Moderator
#22 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Throw out the idea of continuous returning villains and use some new ones. Hush should be one of, if not, the main villain of the third game. Harley's bit was already resolved in the latest DLC and it tied up nicely.

  • Two-Face should have a bigger role as should Mr.Freeze (even if Batman and Freeze were on good terms)
  • Bane deserves a good return
  • Red Hood could be an interesting villain
  • Robin and Nightwing have bigger roles
  • Guest appearance from Superman
Agree with everything...except the last one unless a Superman game that is actually good comes out afterward(in which you have a Martian Manhunter cameo and then his game has Green Lantern etc. Until the entire Justice League has games and then THE JUSTICE LEAGUE GAME).

I disagree. While a League movie would be amazing, I wouldn't have it in the same universe as the Arkham games.

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Throw out the idea of continuous returning villains and use some new ones. Hush should be one of, if not, the main villain of the third game. Harley's bit was already resolved in the latest DLC and it tied up nicely.

  • Two-Face should have a bigger role as should Mr.Freeze (even if Batman and Freeze were on good terms)
  • Bane deserves a good return
  • Red Hood could be an interesting villain
  • Robin and Nightwing have bigger roles
  • Guest appearance from Superman
Agree with everything...except the last one unless a Superman game that is actually good comes out afterward(in which you have a Martian Manhunter cameo and then his game has Green Lantern etc. Until the entire Justice League has games and then THE JUSTICE LEAGUE GAME).

I disagree. While a League movie would be amazing, I wouldn't have it in the same universe as the Arkham games.

A Justice League game based off the Arkham games... doesn't really fit.

Moderator
#24 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

A Justice League game based off the Arkham games... doesn't really fit.

Agreed.

#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

THE BLACK GLOVE. 

 
Introduce Damian as a baby, have various groups fight for him, and call it "Son of Arkham".  
 
Bruce, Dick, Selina and Tim as playable characters.  
 
New VIllains; 
  • KGBeast
  • The Ventriloquist (I or II)
  • Red Hood
  • Hush
  • Professor Pyg
  • Club of Villains
  • Doctor Hurt and the Black Glove
#26 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12918 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley already tried to get revenge.

#27 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Harley already tried to get revenge.

I specifically said that was non canon. Actually read all of it before posting.

#28 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12918 posts) - - Show Bio

But why would it be non canon? I think people who paid for the DLC would be pissed that it now means absolutely nothing.

#29 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

But why would it be non canon? I think people who paid for the DLC would be pissed that it now means absolutely nothing.

The ability to play Catwoman means absolutely nothing. Same as the alternate suits. None of the downloadable stuff means anything, it's just stuff for fun.

#30 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

batman arkham country

You skipped the state phase silly xP.

Regardless, have Nightwing in the main story.

#31 Edited by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman : Arkham Beyond.

They have the beyond skin, they make Gotham a bit more futuristic. Terry McGinnis vs

Joker jr.

Will Friedle as Terry, John DiMaggio as Joker jr., & Kevin Conroy as old Bruce Wayne.

#32 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Regardless, have Nightwing in the main story.

And, as a playable character.

#33 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Girth said:

Batman : Arkham Beyond.

They have the beyond skin, they make Gotham a bit more futuristic. Terry McGinnis vs

Joker jr.

Will Friedle as Terry, John DiMaggio as Joker jr., & Kevin Conroy as old Bruce Wayne.

One of the idea sI considered, but I had to do my stuff with Scarecrow and the Two-face/Black Mask war.

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@ReVamp said:

Regardless, have Nightwing in the main story.

And, as a playable character.

He already is one. I doubt they'll move back from that.

#35 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@TheCannon said:

@ReVamp said:

Regardless, have Nightwing in the main story.

And, as a playable character.

He already is one. I doubt they'll move back from that.

But for this one, you don't have to download him.

#36 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@ReVamp said:

@TheCannon said:

@ReVamp said:

Regardless, have Nightwing in the main story.

And, as a playable character.

He already is one. I doubt they'll move back from that.

But for this one, you don't have to download him.

Which is why he'll be in the main story ;)

#37 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@TheCannon said:

@ReVamp said:

@TheCannon said:

@ReVamp said:

Regardless, have Nightwing in the main story.

And, as a playable character.

He already is one. I doubt they'll move back from that.

But for this one, you don't have to download him.

Which is why he'll be in the main story ;)

Good point.

#38 Posted by Grubich (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Jason Todd (voiced by jensen ackles from under the red hood because he did a great job) and hush as main villains. Go with ra's reviving Jason years earlier and batman interogating him about it (similar to under red hood movie). While hush is trying to pose Bruce. Maybe joker really is alive and it was clayface so Jason has someone besides batman to fight. Play as Jason in some of story mode and free roam. Robin vs robin action. Throw in a couple other fun villains, killer croc, fire fly, black mask, freeze, two-face, penguin, talia, ra's, jack Ryder as the creeper, deathstroke. Joe chill maybe. If there's scarecrow, I'd like batman to hallucinate about Jason like he did about his parents in the first one. Azreal will probably have a role. Maybe riddler solves Bruce's identity. Maybe a Gotham city sirens thing with catwoman poison ivy and Harley. Batmobile/batplane mission. Being able to go to The actual batcave and Wayne manor and be Bruce/Dick/Jason/Tim walking around in the manor. DLC based off red hood lost days maybe. Appearance at wayne enterprises by lucious fox. Either way, must have a good long story.

#39 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

You could have Jim Carry play the Joker...lol

#40 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

After his horrific Riddler performance? No thank you lol.

#41 Posted by venomyak (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey I noticed something all the current playable characters form four-fifths of a five man band if Azreal and Jason are playable in the next one we could have this as our roster.

  • The Hero-Bruce Wayne
  • The Lancer-Dick Grayson
  • The Big Guy-Micheal Lane
  • The Smart Guy-Tim Drake
  • The Chick-Selina Kyle
  • The Sixth Ranger-Jason Todd
#42 Edited by DigitalDerp (5 posts) - - Show Bio

(SPOILERS) If you haven't done the Main Story and Side Missions spoilers will be highlighted, read at own risk.

Ok after finding lots of hidden things, Easter Eggs and videos on Youtube (will provide links) in the game I'm going to list my speculations of the sequel:

  • So Hush is going to play a big role in the game as when you find his hide out he says how he wants to take his revenge on Bruce Wayne
  • Scarecrow will also play a big role as well, if you use the cryptographic sequencer and put in the right co-ordinates you will get a series of numbers which translates to "I will return, Batman." "You will pay for what you have done to me." "Fear will tear Gotham City to shreds."
  • Scarecrow also has a secret boat and a test subject, to get into the boat you must put the code "City of Terror". In the boat there is a receipt to Dr Crane (Scarecrow) with a list of items from The Broker. this leads me to believe Scarecrow is planning to attack Gotham on a large scale. There are also fear gas canisters spread around the map in certain areas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOBk-t-8T_E
  • When you go to Hush's (The Identity Thief) hideout there are cockroaches that run about the floor, there is a strange white light shining from the window, crow feathers on the ground, there are gas canisters in the room, the cracks in the mirror kind of looks like scarecrow's face and you can hear whispers and voices. This leads me to believe Batman could be under the influence of the fear gas and maybe Hush could form an alliance with Scarecrow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-2uNZtGSiM
  • After Batman meets to Azrael, Azrael tells batman that Gotham will burn and he will burn with it. And with Batman locking Bane is that toy factory, Bane could "break the bat" and we could have Azrael as a playable character for a segment in the game as Azbat
  • The Mechanical Guardian robots in wonder city that you scan could play a role in the destruction of Gotham city, as during protocol 10 when u go to wonder city they are all put together in a pile and after the game is completed they are not there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCuzBV590Zg
  • In the GDPC Building there are news papers saying "Criminal Couple Gunned Down" "Boy Watches as Parents Die". there is also an Arkham medical examination record on a wall and the name of the patient is Prometheus. Prometheus could make an appearance in the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBIZxTemQhg
  • In the DLC map Joker's Carnival when you pick Robin, Joker makes the statement "Oh didn't i already kill you" which leads me to believe that during Arkham City Jason Todd could be at the lazurus pit being brought back to life and reborn as Red Hood. Red Hood could come back to Gotham and join forces with Hush to take down Bruce Wayne.
  • Talia says to Batman when they meet "after that night we spent in Metropolis" which could mean that she had already given birth to Damien and he is in training with the league of shadows. And with Tim Drake's Red Robin skin in the game, he could come back in the sequel as Red Robin.
  • During Protocol 10 there are dead henchmen around Amusement Mile but they are wearing weird uniforms which look awfully similar to Scarecrow, its been said that it could be a texture glitch but it shouldn't be ruled out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7evJGwQ5U
  • Ra's al Ghul's body is also not in the place where dies after you complete the game but his sword is still there
  • Clayface is also knocked into the lazurus pit

EDIT

  • Joker wont be returning as Mark Hamil said it was his final performance as the Joker. Maybe Clayface will take on the shape of the Joker and taunt Batman from a distance.
#43 Posted by NinaColada (37 posts) - - Show Bio

* Black Mask's break-out

* Azrael's appearance

* Hush

* Clayface fell into the Lazarus pit

* Ra's will definitely make a comeback, he was missing when you last saw him

* Talia and Joker's "death"

* Scarecrow's easter egg

If they make another game I think it will be like the previous two, with the storyline based on Arkham and with Batman and the Joker as the main characters. I believe the points I stated previously will be involved. Maybe even an appearance from Jason Todd.

#44 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe something that makes all of Gotham go nuts and the whole city has to be quarantined ala no man's land, batmobile would be cool, maybe a superman cameo...

#45 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@DigitalDerp said:

(SPOILERS) If you haven't done the Main Story and Side Missions spoilers will be highlighted, read at own risk.

Ok after finding lots of hidden things, Easter Eggs and videos on Youtube (will provide links) in the game I'm going to list my speculations of the sequel:

  • So Hush is going to play a big role in the game as when you find his hide out he says how he wants to take his revenge on Bruce Wayne
  • Scarecrow will also play a big role as well, if you use the cryptographic sequencer and put in the right co-ordinates you will get a series of numbers which translates to "I will return, Batman." "You will pay for what you have done to me." "Fear will tear Gotham City to shreds."
  • Scarecrow also has a secret boat and a test subject, to get into the boat you must put the code "City of Terror". In the boat there is a receipt to Dr Crane (Scarecrow) with a list of items from The Broker. this leads me to believe Scarecrow is planning to attack Gotham on a large scale. There are also fear gas canisters spread around the map in certain areas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOBk-t-8T_E
  • When you go to Hush's (The Identity Thief) hideout there are cockroaches that run about the floor, there is a strange white light shining from the window, crow feathers on the ground, there are gas canisters in the room, the cracks in the mirror kind of looks like scarecrow's face and you can hear whispers and voices. This leads me to believe Batman could be under the influence of the fear gas and maybe Hush could form an alliance with Scarecrow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-2uNZtGSiM
  • After Batman meets to Azrael, Azrael tells batman that Gotham will burn and he will burn with it. And with Batman locking Bane is that toy factory, Bane could "break the bat" and we could have Azrael as a playable character for a segment in the game as Azbat
  • The Mechanical Guardian robots in wonder city that you scan could play a role in the destruction of Gotham city, as during protocol 10 when u go to wonder city they are all put together in a pile and after the game is completed they are not there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCuzBV590Zg
  • In the GDPC Building there are news papers saying "Criminal Couple Gunned Down" "Boy Watches as Parents Die". there is also an Arkham medical examination record on a wall and the name of the patient is Prometheus. Prometheus could make an appearance in the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBIZxTemQhg
  • In the DLC map Joker's Carnival when you pick Robin, Joker makes the statement "Oh didn't i already kill you" which leads me to believe that during Arkham City Jason Todd could be at the lazurus pit being brought back to life and reborn as Red Hood. Red Hood could come back to Gotham and join forces with Hush to take down Bruce Wayne.
  • Talia says to Batman when they meet "after that night we spent in Metropolis" which could mean that she had already given birth to Damien and he is in training with the league of shadows. And with Tim Drake's Red Robin skin in the game, he could come back in the sequel as Red Robin.
  • During Protocol 10 there are dead henchmen around Amusement Mile but they are wearing weird uniforms which look awfully similar to Scarecrow, its been said that it could be a texture glitch but it shouldn't be ruled out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7evJGwQ5U
  • Ra's al Ghul's body is also not in the place where dies after you complete the game but his sword is still there
  • Clayface is also knocked into the lazurus pit

EDIT

  • Joker wont be returning as Mark Hamil said it was his final performance as the Joker. Maybe Clayface will take on the shape of the Joker and taunt Batman from a distance.

I remember all of those.

#46 Posted by NinaColada (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sydpart2 said:

maybe something that makes all of Gotham go nuts and the whole city has to be quarantined ala no man's land, batmobile would be cool, maybe a superman cameo...

That's what I was thinking. Like you know how Strange and Ra's were going to destroy Arkham City and they failed (supposedly) what happens if that event moves to the whole of Gotham City and takes in the events of No Man's Land.

#47 Posted by jordanhenleykomics (13 posts) - - Show Bio

here's an idea joker come back from the dead from cadmus labs and shocks batman

#48 Posted by Tmig95 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

But there is also a lot of speculation that joker isn't really dead. People say that it fell in lazuras pit and the fake was fighting batman and stabbed him. I really don't know lol but i cant wait for a new batman game

#49 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tmig95 said:

But there is also a lot of speculation that joker isn't really dead. People say that it fell in lazuras pit and the fake was fighting batman and stabbed him. I really don't know lol but i cant wait for a new batman game

I had an idea to make it where Joker is alive, but decided to leave it out.

#50 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

I had an idea to make it where Joker is alive, but decided to leave it out.

That's what she said.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.